Pages:
Author

Topic: Decentralised autonomous global government - page 2. (Read 240 times)

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
October 20, 2022, 07:49:04 PM
Hi,

I am interested in doing research related to the idea of developing a Decentralized autonomous global government, that is a coded open source entity that would set the rules to how countries, institutions, people and businesses, crypto included, interact with eachother. Well, a global government but without the corruption and inefficiency sides.

Does anyone know about serious articles, posts, research on this subject? Thought and ideas welcome too.

I think this concept is what Gene Roddenberry tried to portray with star trek. The concept of a one world government or centralized authority in a United Federation of Planets. Star wars also users a similar hierarchy with its Republic Senate. Trek tends to take it a step further with the emphasis on wealth, money and credits being deemed trivial issues.

The appeal of a one world government is the elimination of borders and travel visas. Trade tariffs, trade wars might be eliminated to a relative degree. Which might allow the efficiency of manufacturing, production and shipping industries to rise. It might be structured similarly to reasons used to make the EU european union attractive to europeans. If the united states functions better as a conglomeration of states than it would with every state being a separate nation, that could be an argument on the centralization side.

Its a very old state revolving around concepts like state sovereignty, which used to be discussed and debated to death on forums and message boards across the internet. Its been a long time since I've seen anyone mention state sovereignty.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 931
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
October 20, 2022, 06:52:35 PM
... a global government but without the corruption and inefficiency sides.

Well, that would be pretty hard to achieve, I would say.

I think it's fairly safe to say that such a system of governance would be incredibly difficult to create. In fact, I hardly think such a system would be even slightly possible, given the current state of technology and the nature of human beings. However, even if such a system were created and it worked, I doubt that it would be the best form of government for humanity as a whole. As an aside, I don't think there is such thing as "the best form of government." Each system has its own strengths and weaknesses, and what works for one society may not work for another. Of course, I suppose this is only one interpretation. The idea makes for some good philosophical debates, at least.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
October 20, 2022, 05:10:28 PM
There's a chance something like this could work but it'd have to be a devolved democracy and legislature on an international scale. Different countries could be match based on global values and have laws set that govern them or individual countries or parts.

You can't enforce a law that the US and Europe voted for to throttle a cultural ritual of a minority state in Africa or south America. Equally, Indian and Chinese cultures under such system would have half of the voting influence over the world - and foreign entities legislating for something you care about is just going to reduce their power.

Several competing systems with 5-30 million people might do better to resolve some of these problems but then do you still want to set international laws on some things: if 99% of the population votes to ban slavery, should it be banned? There's going to be a lot of conflicts in between that and even controls on substances like bans on alcohol, nicotine, caffeine and cannabis.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
October 20, 2022, 03:16:59 PM
Sounds like a science fiction story to me! Obviously such kind of government autonomy will never be achieved but it's no harm to research on it. At the end of the day, it's always good to explore new things.

I do not have much information if anyone has researched on it previously or not. But couple of months back I read something about a society that speaks about a world without border and they also issue their own passports. Their passport is useless but they have a strong league of followers. I am unable to remember now but a Google search may help.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
October 20, 2022, 02:18:55 PM

that would set the rules to how countries, institutions, people and businesses, crypto included, interact with eachother. Well, a global government but without the corruption and inefficiency sides.

This type of work or research won't be followed. Of what value will you create when you do such research and no government is taking to the work on your direction to follow and get things done efficiently. It will only become a theory that you made or it will happen to be advise you make for government to stop the corruption but you can't enforce anything to be obeyed, just the formality of the research but not follow up
Activity: 17
Merit: 10
October 20, 2022, 01:52:40 PM
Hi,

I am interested in doing research related to the idea of developing a Decentralized autonomous global government, that is a coded open source entity that would set the rules to how countries, institutions, people and businesses, crypto included, interact with eachother. Well, a global government but without the corruption and inefficiency sides.

Does anyone know about serious articles, posts, research on this subject? Thought and ideas welcome too.

Thanks in advance,
FX
Pages:
Jump to: