Pages:
Author

Topic: Decentralized assets might be the saving grace after the war - page 2. (Read 220 times)

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
Decentralized cryptocurrencies are good but not in terms of storage of value so I will add gold as well which is more stable and accepted anywhere in the world. I don't think these donations are going for rebuilding the economy and what if the Russia captured the Ukraine completely? The country will be no more so Russia will take the resources and rebuild their falling economy?

Bitcoin has been a better store of value than any asset I have heard in my entire life, it may be volatile and have crashed several time but it has been a saving grace for Millions. If bitcoin highest price was $10 in 2010 and gold was worth almost $1k but today bitcoin price is around $43k while gold is still a less than $2k, tell me which is a good option for storage of value.

The world is watching, Russia want to eat what they produce and sell it within their self.

Storage of value asset should be having stable vakue and constant and consistent growth which isn't same in Bitcoin, I do accept it grown too much in the last 10 years even Santoshi couldn't imagined that but the fact is if you are selling all your assets to buy Bitcoin and consider it as best Store of value then you're taking life risk, diverse your portfolio and lesser the risk.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
Decentralized forms of money (and I'm talking about crypto here) should become more popular and adoption should increase after all of this world tension either dies down or continues to escalate--not just the situation in Ukraine but even things like the protesting Canadian truckers.  When the government can just turn off the cash spigot at will when they don't like what you're doing, well, that's a huge problem. 

I'd also say that more anonymous coins ought to be way more popular than they are, because they could be used by people who rightly fear unjust persecution by their government or whoever.  The flip side of that is that they can also be used by folks on the opposite side of the just, i.e., all those Russian oligarchs I've been hearing so much about on the news, hiding money everywhere it can't be found.  Anyway, bitcoin or even something like Monero doesn't do anyone any good if it can't be used to buy things.  Sending bitcoin to the Canadian truckers wouldn't help them if they can't use it for whatever they need to purchase--and my point is that since most businesses and say, lawyers, accept fiat exclusively, there has to be a reliable way to convert crypto to fiat without the government being able to shut it down.

Or it would be ideal if more businesses/merchants/whatever accepted crypto as a payment method.  This shit makes my head spin.  This and all the chaos going on in the world.  Anyone got a time machine going back to 1988?
Activity: 910
Merit: 875
Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin
Decentralized cryptocurrencies are good but not in terms of storage of value so I will add gold as well which is more stable and accepted anywhere in the world. I don't think these donations are going for rebuilding the economy and what if the Russia captured the Ukraine completely? The country will be no more so Russia will take the resources and rebuild their falling economy?

Bitcoin has been a better store of value than any asset I have heard in my entire life, it may be volatile and have crashed several time but it has been a saving grace for Millions. If bitcoin highest price was $10 in 2010 and gold was worth almost $1k but today bitcoin price is around $43k while gold is still a less than $2k, tell me which is a good option for storage of value.

The world is watching, Russia want to eat what they produce and sell it within their self.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
This "special operation" or undeclared war will end some day and somebody has to spend tens of billions of dollars to repair the damages done to Ukraine.Who is going to spend that much money?EU or the USA?
Or maybe both?
Many EU countries don't want Ukraine to become an EU member,because such a big and underdeveloped country(with several cities being destroyed) is going to be a huge financial burden for the European Union.
"Decentralized assets" (I guess that you mean mostly Bitcoin) can help for raising funds or for handling financial transactions,but I don't think that they will have a crucial role in the reconstruction of Ukraine.

It's already proven that even in war, decentralized assets such as bitcoin are helping through donations.

Regarding EU doesn't want Ukraine to become a EU member, it was Russia that doesn't want EU to accept Ukraine and they have repeated threaten EU if indeed they are going to let them in. Nevertheless the war has started so it's useless now and no debate is needed.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
This "special operation" or undeclared war will end some day and somebody has to spend tens of billions of dollars to repair the damages done to Ukraine.Who is going to spend that much money?EU or the USA?
Or maybe both?
Many EU countries don't want Ukraine to become an EU member,because such a big and underdeveloped country(with several cities being destroyed) is going to be a huge financial burden for the European Union.
"Decentralized assets" (I guess that you mean mostly Bitcoin) can help for raising funds or for handling financial transactions,but I don't think that they will have a crucial role in the reconstruction of Ukraine.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
The official Ukraine Twitter account is accepting donations in Bitcoins as well, bitcoins is already big in Ukraine and Russia alike, considering war right now there are many places that are experiencing the power outages which means that at the end of the day, people might face problem using Decentralized systems.
The war is growing in just few days, it have destroyed numerous lives of both Russians and Ukrainians alike. With Ukraine now joining EU soon, I don't think that Putin is going to stop this anytime soon, since he is going to threatened from NATO as well. The globe is round and the position of Russia near Canada and US is quite alarming therefore they might try and use Nuclear weapons causing even more destruction. The fiat might have been destroyed long ago, I think they might start using cryptocurrencies more since visa and Mastercard are not even working in Russia as well now. They would have to switch. It's not an option for them anymore.
Activity: 966
Merit: 421
Bitcoindata.science
When ever the thoughts of war rings many seems not to look after the effect it will likely play on the economy and the cost of restructuring damaged property even the devaluation of local currencies. It's sad Putin took laws in his hands by invading Ukraine and i guess the outcome now might not be what he actually expected and at the moment where Russia has gotten different sanctions it will be wiser for Russian citizens to switch most of their assets to decentralized cryptocurrencies so they have a link to bounce back to after the war.

For Ukraine i guess NATO and other world organizations will make donations to help rebuild the nation but for Russia it will be starting up a new economy from what ever is left having tampered most of their reserve to build sophisticated weapons which has served as a treat to other countries who wished to help Ukraine. But i feel the numerous sanctions so far might serve it's own purpose to help curb the attack on Ukraine

# let peace lead
#Putin should consider the lives he has wasted
Pages:
Jump to: