Pages:
Author

Topic: Decentralized services? - page 2. (Read 391 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 3011
BTC price road to $80k
May 05, 2020, 07:25:34 PM
I found this link below on my awesome lists
- https://github.com/steve-vincent/awesome-decentralized
- https://github.com/kgryte/awesome-peer-to-peer

About your questions:
- Does the above decentralized services has to based off blockchains and crypto?
No, not all.

- Can decentralized services or websites be hacked or can law enforcement obtain info from these services?
Much better read their Terms & services about this

- Are decentralized sites & TOR .onion sites the same?
As I said above read their TOS page and I don't know how do they actually operate.

- So if I create a decentralised website or upload files to a decentralised cloud storage, then they will be forever be available to access as long I have a internet connection? Nothing can bring it down? Impossible to bring down?
It depends on their terms about how long your files are available online but some service listed there I think your files are available as long as the website is alive.

I ask because a favourite youtuber of mine got his channel censored and deleted on youtube. I know youtube is a centralised service website and I know centralised sites can be hacked and taken down, Even Google.com can be taken down but Decentralized services are impossible to take down or hack?
Any service can be taken down even decentralized and all of them are online so everything is possible.

What are the drawbacks of a decentalized service or site apart from internet traffic and current popularity?

I can't answer this so I let Google answer this and this is the result that I found " Advantage and Disadvantage of a Decentralized Organization/Service
Activity: 1056
Merit: 270
May 05, 2020, 06:38:48 PM
Is there a site that shows a list of all the decentralized online services up and running available now, not beta services?

Or a site that shows the best decentralized service for each category, categories such as for example:

- Decentralized email

- Decentalized cloud storage

- Decentralized domains

- Decentralized exchanges

- Decentralized whatever

- and many more

Okay the following questions on Decentralization:

- Does the above decentralized services has to based off blockchains and crypto?

- Can decentralized services or websites be hacked or can law enforcement obtain info from these services?

- Are decentralized sites & TOR .onion sites the same?

- So if I create a decentralised website or upload files to a decentralised cloud storage, then they will be forever be available to access as long I have a internet connection? Nothing can bring it down? Impossible to bring down?

I ask because a favourite youtuber of mine got his channel censored and deleted on youtube. I know youtube is a centralised service website and I know centralised sites can be hacked and taken down, Even Google.com can be taken down but Decentralized services are impossible to take down or hack?

What are the drawbacks of a decentalized service or site apart from internet traffic and current popularity?
Pages:
Jump to: