Pages:
Author

Topic: Decentralized vs centralized cryptocurrency exchanges, which one is better? - page 3. (Read 1099 times)

Activity: 172
Merit: 1
For now, centralized exchange is better because of the issues of volume and interoperability. If decentralized exchange cab solved those two issues then centralized exchange will lose value because many will prefer an exchange platform that they have full control over their activities and funds.
Activity: 882
Merit: 282
I personally prefer centralised exchanges, they are very easy to use and although I am a blockchain enthusiast and love everything built on blockchain, I tend to dislike decentralised exchanges, trading on centralised exchanges is very fast and fees are very low.
I do prefer decentralising exchange because you have the control of your passkey and that is what is most important in blockchain technology and decentralized system compared to the third party system and the centralized exchange.  However,  because of the ways majority of the centralized exchanges like : poloniex,  bittrex, binance, cryptopia and hitbtc has performed we tent to like centralized exchanges more than the decentralising one.  In centralized exchanges our fund is not safe and it can be easily been manipulated but decentralized one help in safeguard our funds.
Activity: 434
Merit: 2
Coinsbit.io
I think it's hard to say which kind of exchanges is better. For decentralized exchanges, a plus is their reliability and security, and for centralized exchanges, a plus is speed and convenience. I think that in the future a direct exchange of cryptocurrencies will be made through the gateway, and not through exchanges as it is now. But it will not be soon. In the meantime, I advise everyone not to waste time and invest in promising coins such as Tera Smart Money or Sound Money Coin!
Activity: 255
Merit: 11
Huobi unveiled the statistics of the first IEO on the Huobi Prime platform

The Huobi cryptocurrency exchange shared some statistical data regarding the IEO of the TOP Network project on its Huobi Prime platform.

In total, 3,764 users could take part in the campaign, sharing between themselves 1.5 billion TOP tokens during three sales rounds, the first of which ended in 7 seconds, the second - in 5, the third - in 7. In total, about 130 000 people tried to acquire tokens.
Kraken creates a division to ensure the security of a cryptocurrency ecosystem

In the light of various incidents with the hacking of trading platforms and other services, Kraken intends to take a series of measures aimed at improving the security of its product and the cryptocurrency ecosystem as a whole.

As a primary measure to increase security, Kraken introduced mandatory two-factor authentication for the accounts of all its users. The option has been available since September 2013, but until recently it was activated voluntarily.

The Kraken Security Labs division will be formed on the basis of the exchange, whose task will be to increase the security of the entire cryptocurrency ecosystem by checking the vulnerability of third-party products, such as hardware, software wallets, etc.
copper member
Activity: 349
Merit: 0
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
For me decentralized is it, I like my anonymity a great but the issue is that most people find using the decentralized confusing and at such most losses their coins
Activity: 1183
Merit: 251
The truth is funds security matters a lot and can't be traded for anything, this is the main reason why I always prefer decentralized exchanges as it gives me the feeling that I am safe and secured while trading.

If you put in the required effort to keep your funds safe on your own then yes, but if you aren't well equipped with security knowledge yourself centralized exchanges with regulation are fine.
It does not give you a lot of guarantee about how many exchange sites have called themselves as regulated exchange site but when they got hacked and they never try to pay back the users money. cryptopia is an example about how bad it is.
OKEx cryptocurrency exchange will launch a decentralized trading platform on the OKCHain blockchain

Currently, the OKChain blockchain is in the final stages of development. According to the company, the launch of the test network is scheduled for June this year. After the network becomes stable enough, OKB’s own token will be transferred to it, which will later be used to pay commissions, as well as in its own decentralized network applications.

However, the most important purpose of OKChain is to launch the OKDEx decentralized exchange, on which pre-sales will be created using the OKB token.
Activity: 540
Merit: 500
COINDER
DEX being slow will soon be history with nash.io going live for public somewere June or July and add BTC pairs Q4 2019
Now think about Nash’s value proposition in relation to these CEX exchanges:

Regulatory Complians Check
Performans                Check
Secure non custodian Check
Fiat on/off ramps       Check
International             Check

BETA launch on 31 March so Open your NASH account its by invite only:

https://nash.io/referrals?code=kukTp3
KUCOIN CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE ANNOUNCED CONDUCTING THE FIRST IEO ON ITS OWN KUCOIN SPOTLIGHT PLATFORM

Representatives of KuCoin cryptocurrency exchange shared information regarding the first IEO on their KuCoin Spotlight platform.

While the exchange has not published the details of the upcoming crowdsale. As previously reported, the distribution of tokens will be conducted in the order of receipt of applications from verified users. The sale will be carried out for its own digital currency exchange KCS.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1166
I prefer centralized exchange because it is faster than decentralized exchange.
But the disadvantage of centralized exchange is, your coins are stored in exchange wallet, not your own wallet.
The best security for storing your coins is by using your own wallet. So, i just using exchange wallet only for buying or selling.

That's what people say who never lost funds on a centralized exchange. Once that happens to you you will see the importance of having both possibilities for trading.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
To answer this question, you and I need to understand that history has already shown us the use of centralization in human history. I see that now there are real opportunities for the use of decentralization. I see that there are a number of people who accept this, but there are very few of us.
Activity: 532
Merit: 17
I prefer centralized exchange because it is faster than decentralized exchange.
But the disadvantage of centralized exchange is, your coins are stored in exchange wallet, not your own wallet.
The best security for storing your coins is by using your own wallet. So, i just using exchange wallet only for buying or selling.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1166
The truth is funds security matters a lot and can't be traded for anything, this is the main reason why I always prefer decentralized exchanges as it gives me the feeling that I am safe and secured while trading.

If you put in the required effort to keep your funds safe on your own then yes, but if you aren't well equipped with security knowledge yourself centralized exchanges with regulation are fine.
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 14
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I always prefer decentralised exchange over centralised one. Cause I don't like to give the access of my wallet to other exchange. That's why I like decentralised one. But there is a lots of problem in decentralised exchange the main problem is volume. In most of the coins there is almost no volume. The txn  rate is also very low. So may be I like decentralised one but everyone have to use centralised cause there is less scam, more volume easy to take care of first fund.
Activity: 837
Merit: 1
Both offers different types of experience to users. Centralized exchanges offers a user-friendly interface which makes trading easy while decentralized exchanges offers optimum securtiy of users funds. But for me, I will go for decentralized exchanges any time any day.
Activity: 798
Merit: 263
While decentralized exchanges are better for the safety of your coins, centralized exchanges are lot easier to use and have much lower trading fees. You could use both.
If you are interested in starting the cryptocurrency exchange business, we are ready to help!

You can write to me here or in the telegram @YasyaICO
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
It becomes incomprehensible to me why many people begin to forget the whole meaning of cryptocurrency and the whole idea of ​​decentralization. I think that today many people should understand that it is the decentralization that should attract people and that it should be rewarded today.
Pages:
Jump to: