Pages:
Author

Topic: Decentralized Wallets not Metamask - page 2. (Read 306 times)

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315
March 23, 2022, 10:25:26 PM
You don't have to use Metamask as an extension on browsers like Chrome and Firefox. Instead of that, you can install Metamask application on your mobile phone. You can also use its own browser when you need to connect your wallet to a platform.
Metamask application is available for both IOS and Android users.
I agreed this is the best one to use instear the browser extension. I am also doing this when Im transacting and doing some activity on metamask, though some platform prefer the desktop version though.

Who knows what decentralized platform you would like to stake your tokens on?
Those platform that are secured and has audits. Cause when you do staking on decentralized theres no way that you wouldnt connect your wallet.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 633
Your keys, your responsibility
March 23, 2022, 02:06:50 PM
Who knows what decentralized platform you would like to stake your tokens on? Actually you don't need to ask here, just know what app the platform needs to authorize your wallet, it will appear in the pop up after clicking connect wallet. Walletconnect is a common option widely used besides Metamask.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
March 22, 2022, 03:39:24 PM
You don't have to use Metamask as an extension on browsers like Chrome and Firefox. Instead of that, you can install Metamask application on your mobile phone. You can also use its own browser when you need to connect your wallet to a platform.
Metamask application is available for both IOS and Android users.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
March 22, 2022, 10:20:38 AM

the browsers are always viewing your usages on the the computer.

You're not going to be able to stake your funds without showing them to a browser though? Is your concern that you're using a browser like chrome or Edge as you could exclusively use Firefox with the extension (which is open source) and that would probably be more secure to to not use your main browser for it.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
March 22, 2022, 08:25:04 AM
As long you are doing a good security practice, you are safe. AFAIK, I haven't heard of any security vulnerability on the Metamask Wallet. The one who gets hacked mostly due to the users' side.

IIRC, Metamask does watch your browser usage, not the system. Mainly they did it to prevent users from accessing scam sites since they have the lists. They don't send any data regarding that. Additionally, you can freely turn off the Metamask analytic option.

The best way is to follow the above tips, to use Metamask with a hardware wallet. But beforehand make sure you comprehend the basic security guidelines.

Activity: 512
Merit: 33
The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution
March 22, 2022, 08:01:14 AM
metamask is so hard to use and funds are not secure at all

more or less makes the system still very centralized
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
March 22, 2022, 07:48:43 AM
MetaMask is the best that we got unless you want to run a Ethereum full node and do some command line work. Browser extensions are what's used for Ethereum platforms simply because it's an easy way for the wallet to connect to the platform.

Tip: use a Ledger/Trezor + MetaMask.
Activity: 512
Merit: 33
The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution
March 22, 2022, 07:23:33 AM
Hi everyone. I need some help from the community. I want to move my crypto to being more decentralized, To which I want to stake my coins in decentralized methods and platforms.
However it seems many of these decentralized platforms favour the Metamask wallet . I am not a fan of these browser extensions at all. I do not want to use Metamask at all.
Anyone know or can suggest of decent wallets that are not browser extension types that would work in decentralized platforms? please and thanks all for your help.
Pages:
Jump to: