Pages:
Author

Topic: Defcon23 is an unstable individual who threatens people with personal info. - page 2. (Read 2432 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Duly noted,  will keep this in mind though I've not had any dealings with him yet.  That sort of behavior is unfortunately very common around these parts
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267
In Memory of Zepher
Defcon23 is an unstable child who cannot properly control the way they act on public forums. They collect personal information on users without their permission and later attempt intimidation/scare tactics against users using said information. I would sincerely recommend not dealing with this user, especially if any sort of personal information is involved.

Yesterday evening (01/10/16) Defcon23 began copy-and-pasting logs about drug related talks even though nobody asked him to do so. When asked to stop he did not and a heated argument broke loose which ended up with Defcon23 insulting members that made comments towards him. He also insinuated something that was way to much, which caused him to be banned instantly.*
I was one of the members who referred to him in a message prior to his banning. Prior to him being removed from the channel, I received this direct threat in a personal message from him:

He had previously logged my IP due to my mistake of incorrectly logging into the IRC channel once. He has repeatedly talked about the negative things that he could do with my IP when I spoke against him, however this is the first direct threat he has sent me. While this is a small case, it is absolutely unacceptable behavior for someone who sells goods to others (such as reselling 'unique' silver bars bought for $3.30 each) and has significantly more personal, DOXable information on his customers.
In addition to this, Defcon then proceeded to waste other peoples time with more childish behavior as he continued to rejoin the channels under different usernames (most of which were further insults to the members of the channel - E.G minifdick, smallminifriddick). He did this for a number of minutes until the channel was closed to the public making him unable to join.

This is the same childish behavior that Defcon has repeatedly shown over and over again. This is not adequate behavior for someone who handles significant amounts of other people's funds, in addition to a significant number of people's personal information. This is not behavior that people should deal with, and is not behavior that should be let off the hook because he is sorry and "won't do it again".

If you have any sort of relationship with Defcon, whether it be personal of business related, I highly suggest that you cut it as soon as possible. He has shown several times that he cannot be trusted to keep composure and act like an adult, and should not be trusted with any information he could later use against you should you disagree with what he thinks.

*This line was edited as per a request to more accurately represent the happenings.
Pages:
Jump to: