Pages:
Author

Topic: (DEFI) YAM! YAM! YAM! a scam? - page 7. (Read 957 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 17
August 13, 2020, 02:42:37 AM
Not a scam, but again a DeFi project overhyped to an unreal extend - https://cointelegraph.com/news/down-to-the-wire-yam-finance-saved-at-the-last-minute
Activity: 795
Merit: 10
August 13, 2020, 02:15:35 AM
Honestly I'm not really surprised about this.  I know the pumping of DeDi projects prices recently will definitely attract lots of scam projects too, that's why we need to be conscious of the type we will put our investment in.  Have been able able to identity couples of these scam defi projects and I'm still doing that. We can't be too careful when it comes to investment, don't be totally carried away with the many hypes on DeFis.
Activity: 560
Merit: 26
August 13, 2020, 02:02:22 AM
24hr high $167 and 24hr low is $11, this is ridiculous and painful on the ass. The hype will continue, the gullible and Sheepy investors will always want to follow the trend for quick rich. DEFI cycle will soon comes to an end and there are  losers during market bull cycle.

We need YAM farmers to act now.
If we are successful, YAM holders will very likely vote to reward those voters who help save the protocol.
Huh! What do you expect, that's what every bag holders do. They always justify shitty things with a blind eye.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 413
August 13, 2020, 01:02:11 AM
I don't know what this new DEFI product is all about but, oh boy, why did they launch their product without fully testing it first? As reported in different news sites, a bug was found out that affects the total supply of YAM.  I understand little about coding and all that technical stuff but don't you think this is a shameful newbie mistake? It looks like a team was in a rush to collect money!

This is not the first time YAM was accused of a scam also. Before the bug was found, Shapeshift CEO, Erik Voorhees said in a tweet that it's another pump and dump project. I'm not sure if he knew about the bug or he was talking about the business model and other fundamental stuffs.

$YAM looks like a scam... or to be more charitable, fairly transparent pump and dump nonsense.
Projects like this are not going to be good for defi...
What am I missing? Are the buyers willing participants in a silly game, or are people alleging actual value?
- https://twitter.com/ErikVoorhees/status/1293375588162560000

Not surprisingly, some investors went on to defend YAM but I wonder where they are now?

After the bug was announced, this is how YAM's chart looks like now:

- taken from Coingecko

In an attempt to save the project, the YAM team calls upon its supporters. Goodluck to them, I think those hyped investors already left as seen in the chart. I also doubt they will ever come back so let's see if the team can manage to gather new support.
We need YAM farmers to act now.
If we are successful, YAM holders will very likely vote to reward those voters who help save the protocol.
- https://twitter.com/YamFinance/status/1293704924015071234

P.S.

Those of you who are riding the DEFI hype, check if the code was audited by a reliable third party service before taking a gamble on these new and highly speculative projects. It won't guarantee that the project is not a scam but at least you won't have to worry about faulty codes.
Pages:
Jump to: