Pages:
Author

Topic: Deficit spending is theft. - page 2. (Read 2175 times)

donator
Activity: 826
Merit: 1060
May 11, 2012, 09:30:08 AM
Taxation is theft from the current generation of taxpayers.
Deficit spending is theft from a future generation of taxpayers.
Inflation is theft from holders of a currency.

However, it's different for people who voted for politicians who tax, voted for politicians who spend into deficit, and voted for politicians who inflate the currency. Taxation is not theft from those voters, who asked for it. One might even say those voters are complicit in the theft from those who did not vote for it.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
May 11, 2012, 06:42:32 AM
All government taxation is theft; what does it matter if it's deficit spending or not? (deficit spending being borrowing, which is simply deferred theft)

The extraction of money from the citizenry by governments using their monopoly on legal force is theft.  Some might argue that in the long run, allowing that theft means that good works are done with the stolen money and hence is a net positive.  Personally I don't think that changes the fact that it's theft.  And personally I don't think theft is a good basis for government.

As 5th November says though: whatchagonnado?  Whoever we vote for we always get the government.  It's that logic that has led me to being a bitcoin proponent: the only way to reduce government (given that voting doesn't work) is to take power from them.  Bitcoin use seems an excellent way (to me) of doing that.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
May 11, 2012, 06:37:01 AM
Why are you so concerned? Just live your life to the fullest, not thinking about pointless stuff like that  Smiley
Activity: 717
Merit: 501
May 11, 2012, 06:11:37 AM
Ron Paul states deficit spending is a tax.  But, is not deficit spending really theft.  It is no different that if they go around take money out off everybody's bank accounts and wallets.  Then they go around like your kids are going to have to pay it back.  It all is a big government lie.  Only people with bank accounts are going to pay it back.  Your kids are never going to pay it back, because the debt will be even higher.  They don't give a crap as long as they get to spend it on earned income tax credits for millionaires or line the pockets of their friends.  Government spending is money to the rich.  The poor are to busy working mowing lawns and washing windows.   How do they get paid, from the money they stole out of the laborers wallet.  So you really think Obama is out to help you, Obamcare?  that is your money anyways, Obama could implement the Japanese system and really save you a bunch of cash.  Washington has been infiltrated by idiots and the only hope to get them (the rats) out is currency crash.  End of the U.S. dollar. 

end of my 3;00 am rant. gn
Pages:
Jump to: