Pages:
Author

Topic: DELETE - page 2. (Read 529 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501
February 23, 2018, 05:01:47 AM
Thanks for the guide.

As an IOTA investor, I find it hard to keep track of my IOTA all the time if I had to enter in the private key every single time I wanted to check my balance or send some IOTA. Which is why I'll admit, I keep my private key string on my laptop, unencrypted.

Obviously, the best thing to do would be to encrypt it or handwrite it offline. But if you just have a few hundred bucks worth of cryptos, it's unlikely that it's going to get hacked, and even if it does get hacked you shouldn't be out of too much money. Backing up your private keys are probably even more important than securing it, in these scenarios.
Activity: 266
Merit: 17
February 23, 2018, 04:35:01 AM
Thanks this is useful, I use USB to store my private keys and i wrote down all in a piece of sheet. Though i wanted to buy trezor in the long run to keep a bunch of altcoins soon. However do you use coinomi and jaxx? Would you recommend us if it's safe? TIA!
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
February 23, 2018, 04:09:00 AM

Store this files on an USB flash drive - DO NOT store it in any cloud! Also always write down your private keys on a paper and store it safely!

Very helpful guide, every crypto newbie should read this through. And I would emphasize the point with not storing private keys in cloud - clouds are simply not safe for this, use good old USB's  Cool
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
February 23, 2018, 02:53:48 AM
I am store my coins in two hdd,3 pendrives.
Activity: 406
Merit: 103
February 23, 2018, 02:19:55 AM
a very helpful topic
thanks for sharing this guide, i will try it
I've also read your topic created earlier about myetherwallet security guide. good job
Activity: 364
Merit: 117
February 23, 2018, 01:40:08 AM
The best way currently, that is still easy to access are hardware wallets. The two most famous retailers are:

Trezor: https://buytrezor.com/

Ledger: https://www.ledgerwallet.com/

A hardware wallet is dedicated hardware with a defined interface that makes it impossible to extract the private key from the hardware. The interface does, however, allow signing of transactions. This means that the hardware wallet can safely be plugged into hardware infected with malware.
Activity: 41
Merit: 793
inactive
February 23, 2018, 01:05:10 AM
DELETE
Pages:
Jump to: