Pages:
Author

Topic: delete - page 2. (Read 6074 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
August 22, 2011, 08:20:09 AM
I wasn't there during the first trades but someone must have only bought or sold a few at .49 BTC most likely to themselves. Do you even know what .49 would mean? It would mean I would have made over 100 BTC in the last 12 hours with only 2 cards. Even at .0014 and the current difficulty it's still about twice as profitable as bitcoin. IXcoin is at .001 and difficulty is 16384. That's nothing. IXcoin is worthless now. I'm sure solidcoin is not far behind and headed in that direction but as of now its definately more profitable than bitcoin.

What I do not understand is: Who are the idiots trading btc for these stupidcoins? What does that say about a small part of
the community who has btc in their possession? yikes.
Let me help you with that: most users don't give a fuck about bitcoin,ixcoin,i0coin, etc or about descentralized, anonymous claims. You know why ? Because it's all bullshit! None of the above currency is descentralized or anonymous, or you can consider them as anonymous as the internet is, which we know is not as anonymous as we would like. So, the point is that most of us are here just for the money. Oh, and if I were to earn money from it, I think I would trade any coin is out there.

Cheers!

Well, no. I'm here, with Bitcoins, not because of what you just said. But instead, because Bitcoins are a awesome power tool against banks and govs.

I even don't like money! Honestly, I prefer a society based in a "resource based economy", not monetary based, without any money.

Cheers!
Thiago
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
August 22, 2011, 03:39:31 AM
Wait for gabicoin, that will be the true revolution! Or maybe not.
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
August 22, 2011, 03:03:49 AM
if you lose gold someone else can find it again.
This possibility is equal to someone breaking the SHA256 algo in the future and finding the "lost' bitcoins... But then, what will happen to all bitcoins that are not lost?
legendary
August 22, 2011, 02:58:38 AM
gold is physical, and very old.
Aah... So, it must be something very bad?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
August 22, 2011, 02:58:22 AM
if you lose gold someone else can find it again.

yeah I was under zero expectations that any of the new currencies would survive or that they were even currencies. They were complex gambling games.

I still say they had their uses as learning experiences for when someone does want to come up with a coin that might actually replace bitcoin or a coin for a new nitch like namecoin. They may have been jokes, and games but they taught us a lot.

Probably a lot of people are learning they arent real challenges to bitcoin when all they do is change a couple aspects.
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
August 22, 2011, 02:53:07 AM
bitcoin is different from gold.
Really? How is it different?

gold is physical, and very old. See also here:

Currencies can compete when they have different properties. Gold and silver do have different physical properties.
The fiat currencies created by central banks have different properties, mostly linked to the economy of the
country that issues them. Peer-to-peer currencies can have different properties too; for example, a Bitcoin
variant with a constant inflation rate would be significantly different from Bitcoin, and would be able to
compete, although I am not sure if it would easily find early adopters.

This is clearly not the case with ixcoin and i0coin; the only difference is in the initial distribution, and a few
cosmetic changes. Therefore, these currencies are merely Bitcoin clones. As such, they need to live in the
same niche as Bitcoin. That is the niche of "digital resource with finite supply that will still be valuable in the future".

It is impossible for two currencies to live in that same niche, because one of them will be perceived as more
likely than the other to hold its future value. People will use that currency for long-term storage of value, and
they will progressively drop the other one. Thus, Bitcoin clones are mutually exclusive. Bitcoin's historical
precedence give it legacy, and strong network effects play for it. It is too late to change that.
legendary
August 22, 2011, 02:37:55 AM
Really? How is it different?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
August 22, 2011, 02:34:51 AM
If bitcoin is imitating gold then what is it like trading gold for bitcoins?
ixcoin et al are not different from bitcoin

They are different though.  They're missing a group of open source developers who really understand the protocol.
Show me evidence of one other chain aside from namecoin which has shown any real sign of a serious development team.
solidcoin has it's source available as a dropbox based zip file.  
Any real project will have a proper source code repository (such as at github) and a team of contributors and code reviewers.

You might argue that these shit chains *could* gather such a following of developers - but until they do - their stewardship and future is suspect when compared to bitcoin.
They also need the network effects of a community of users and merchants. No small feat to catch up to bitcoin in that regard!

When attacks occur, or scalability issues need resolving - which project will you trust to have active developers who know how to solve the issues?
legendary
August 22, 2011, 02:26:34 AM
ixcoin et al are not different from bitcoin

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/9455218.jpg
legendary
August 22, 2011, 02:24:32 AM
It is like trading gold for rocks. If enough idiots want to trade gold for rocks then its more profitable to mine rocks.
legendary
August 22, 2011, 02:22:04 AM
What I do not understand is: Who are the idiots trading btc for these stupidcoins?
What I do not understand is: How can you tell a coin is stupid if it is virtually the same as the coin that is not stupid?
It's like imitating Jesus.  Wink
Can I see the original, please?
legendary
August 22, 2011, 02:21:50 AM
What I do not understand is: Who are the idiots trading btc for these stupidcoins?
What I do not understand is: How can you tell a coin is stupid if it is virtually the same as the coin that is not stupid?
very true. I am not religious, but I think this is the best analogy so far.
Crs
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
August 22, 2011, 02:09:24 AM
I wasn't there during the first trades but someone must have only bought or sold a few at .49 BTC most likely to themselves. Do you even know what .49 would mean? It would mean I would have made over 100 BTC in the last 12 hours with only 2 cards. Even at .0014 and the current difficulty it's still about twice as profitable as bitcoin. IXcoin is at .001 and difficulty is 16384. That's nothing. IXcoin is worthless now. I'm sure solidcoin is not far behind and headed in that direction but as of now its definately more profitable than bitcoin.

What I do not understand is: Who are the idiots trading btc for these stupidcoins? What does that say about a small part of
the community who has btc in their possession? yikes.
Let me help you with that: most users don't give a fuck about bitcoin,ixcoin,i0coin, etc or about descentralized, anonymous claims. You know why ? Because it's all bullshit! None of the above currency is descentralized or anonymous, or you can consider them as anonymous as the internet is, which we know is not as anonymous as we would like. So, the point is that most of us are here just for the money. Oh, and if I were to earn money from it, I think I would trade any coin is out there.

Cheers!
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
August 22, 2011, 02:08:58 AM
I learned some neat day trading tricks and dynamics with the solidcoin float though.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
August 22, 2011, 02:04:53 AM
ixcoin is winning right now at 0.001
i0coin is dead at 0.0003
solidcoin at 0.0009

wow they all imploded
it was fun while it lasted

LOL they all took a nose dive really quickly lol.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
August 22, 2011, 02:02:51 AM
ixcoin is winning right now at 0.001
i0coin is dead at 0.0003
solidcoin at 0.0009

wow they all imploded
it was fun while it lasted
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
August 22, 2011, 01:56:59 AM
It is like trading gold for rocks. If enough idiots want to trade gold for rocks then its more profitable to mine rocks.

LOL...i like that analogy! Cheesy
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
August 22, 2011, 01:51:21 AM
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
August 22, 2011, 01:49:38 AM
legendary
August 22, 2011, 01:40:29 AM
Pages:
Jump to: