Pages:
Author

Topic: delete - page 2. (Read 23324 times)

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
September 13, 2011, 12:35:18 AM
They'll stop playing with this made up block chain eventually, yes?  At that point, won't the "honest nodes" regain control and then all will be restored to normal?  Don't we just need to ride out the storm?

Not if the honest nodes don't re inject the correct (and probably very simillar in length) blockchains.

Maybe I don't understand how this whole thing works, but I thought that as long as 50% power was regained by honest nodes, then eventually, the only accepted chain would be the longest accurate one and the alternative made up one with fake transactions would just go away... yes?
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
September 13, 2011, 12:15:40 AM
Store 'em on your computer.

That's what I am trying to do...  please see my original post.  I am looking for a windows client/wallet.
Or is there a trusted online wallet I could use?  

Guess you could move them into bitparking and trust doublec's monitoring and check point lock in.  

As for a windows client, only current one I know of is  the build at http://www.wuala.com/jbw9/pub/Bitcoin/namecoin/nc0.3.24.61/win32.7z/ , however that has no locked in checkpoints.

I would suggest using Multicoin-exp , as an update to the namecoin config file with a lockin will be coming soon.  You would need to be a bit comfortable using the cli with either of these.
(  http://www.wuala.com/jbw9/pub/Bitcoin/multicoin/MultiCoin-exp/src/ has some *.exe in it for windows built). You would want to make sure you updated to the latest  http://exchange.beertokens.info/docs/multicoin/bitcoin.conf.namecoin  and be ready to either add or update again when a checkpoint gets added.

Maybe Lolcust would be willing to package up his console interface for namecoin usage?
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
September 13, 2011, 12:00:41 AM
They'll stop playing with this made up block chain eventually, yes?  At that point, won't the "honest nodes" regain control and then all will be restored to normal?  Don't we just need to ride out the storm?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
September 12, 2011, 11:52:32 PM
So much for the invisible hand.
well, if he kills ixcoin, solidcoin, i0coin, and gg, and only bitcoin remains a viable crypto-currency, then BTC prices will rise due to its security over all the other chains

Well I for one am soured on all crypocurrencies including bitcoin. Especially if no one has a solution for me for storing my namecoins on a windows machine.  
I can't see me being able to install and learn linux in a few days.  

If I lose them I will be selling all my btc soon after.  I don't care if this some how proves bitcoin is secure... I am just depressed
by all of it and want out even if I take more of a loss.

I hope the pain you are inflicting on others is keeping you entertained BitcoinEXpress.  

lol, you should not be here if you can't stand the pressure, sell me all your bitcoins right now and go play with gold or something else
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
September 12, 2011, 11:51:49 PM
Well, personally, I'd prefer to see flaccidcoin stepped on due to general grating attitude of "We fixed up MAJOR VULNERABILITY IN BITCOINSIZ, LOLZ" the SolidCoin dude demonstrated, but I guess it's too low hanging a fruit or something...

This. SolidCoin just needs to go away.
Activity: 85
September 12, 2011, 11:47:51 PM
well, if he kills ixcoin, solidcoin, i0coin, and gg, and only bitcoin remains a viable crypto-currency, then BTC prices will rise due to its security over all the other chains

Well I for one am soured on all crypocurrencies including bitcoin. Especially if no one has a solution for me for storing my namecoins on a windows machine. 
I can't see me being able to install and learn linux in a few days. 

If I lose them I will be selling all my btc soon after.  I don't care if this some how proves bitcoin is secure... I am just depressed
by all of it and want out even if I take more of a loss.

I hope the pain you are inflicting on others is keeping you entertained BitcoinEXpress. 
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
September 12, 2011, 11:37:37 PM

in fact, it might be the invisible hand killing all the copy-cat chains that didn't change enough of the code to really secure their place as the bitcoin successor
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
September 12, 2011, 11:25:47 PM

I'm in for the ride, kudos to them for making it public

ArtForz himself gave us the solution too, fixings the blocks time-stamp from devel view and the second one that was not stated can be that every peer maintains it's already downloaded "ledger" and stops transacting.
Remember we know very little when it comes to bitcoin protocol but they will be majority for a small time-span and working on a fork after all. My client will definitively not be accepting a ~9000 block reset if i don't re-download the whole blockchain.
Having block hashes included into main bitcoin client was a good idea for bitcoin after all, heh

Hope vinced would look into it and don't freakout ppl, as long as one peer with the honest ledger (blockchain) exist on the network you will not lose your coins or domains.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 12, 2011, 10:59:32 PM
Activity: 980
Merit: 506
September 12, 2011, 10:50:13 PM
I love this experiment, also people need to stop complaining namecoins are experimental which implies they are temporary and so you have no expectation of value from them. They can disappear any day.

You can't simulate amazing results, you must test them in a production environment. Any computer scientist would agree.

Bitcoins are also experimental even in the words of Gavin Andresen. So would you advocate an attack on the bitcoin network too if someone had enough hashing power to kill the network? Something tells me you would be against it.

I would say the same thing, bitcoin software is experimental/untested and implies no warranty.

Hmm then I would advocate that you as well as BitcoinEXpress make plans to attack the Bitcoin network.

Start amassing TH/s of processing power so Bitcoin can be sure to be a safe network to be vested in.

Right, it's too much work to accumulate that much power for BitcoinEXpress or you.

Merged mining was just around the corner and this BS claim that bitcoin supporters and developers are taking too long and are leaving their network open to an outsider attack.

September 12, 2011, 10:47:28 PM
I love this experiment, also people need to stop complaining namecoins are experimental which implies they are temporary and so you have no expectation of value from them. They can disappear any day.

You can't simulate amazing results, you must test them in a production environment. Any computer scientist would agree.

Bitcoins are also experimental even in the words of Gavin Andresen. So would you advocate an attack on the bitcoin network too if someone had enough hashing power to kill the network? Something tells me you would be against it.

I would say the same thing, bitcoin software is experimental/untested and implies no warranty.
Activity: 980
Merit: 506
September 12, 2011, 10:42:49 PM

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
September 12, 2011, 10:42:05 PM
oh look.

i'll join the attacking party.
just for teh lulz.

Grin
September 12, 2011, 10:37:19 PM

September 12, 2011, 09:56:31 PM

That's what I am trying to do...  please see my original post.  I am looking for a windows client/wallet.
Or is there a trusted online wallet I could use? 
Activity: 210
September 12, 2011, 09:53:51 PM
If they were transfered to you on or before block 10k you get to keep 'em.
If not, they go bye bye.

I doubt it, he's still posting.
September 12, 2011, 09:52:48 PM
Sell them.

The namecoin exchanges are closed for trading... and I don't imagine if they were not that anybody is looking to buy.

Any namecoins held that were mined after block 10,000 will cease to exist entirely.

Like I said I didn't mine them and I have no idea when they were mined.  I would just like to keep them in a safe spot in case they are old enough that they won't just go *poof*... 

And if they do does anyone have the real name and address of this cocksucker that wants to have his experiments with others people money?    Angry
Activity: 210
September 12, 2011, 09:37:34 PM
Sell them.

Any namecoins held that were mined after block 10,000 will cease to exist entirely.
Any namecoins transfered after 10,000 will disappear and go back to whoever owned them at block 10,000.

Anybody want to bet on how many namecoins BEX owned at block 10k?
Of course, he'll also be generating many thousand new coins during this attack.
September 12, 2011, 09:24:25 PM
Where can I get a windows namecoin client/wallet?  

I bought some on the bitparking exchange and didn't mine them myself.

Or what is the best option?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
September 12, 2011, 08:00:58 PM
DoubleC and Ruxum, you can ignore me if you want I'm just trying to give you some heads up.
Where did I say I'd ignore you? I'm taking your warning and closing down my exchanges.
Pages:
Jump to: