Pages:
Author

Topic: delete - page 2. (Read 5712 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
March 07, 2014, 04:14:14 AM
Bought it a week ago for hft, still is buzzing in trades so I dont know what you are talking about
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Coinoholic
March 07, 2014, 04:04:08 AM
I sat there and dealt with trying to connect and mine for hours at launch, by the time I was able to even mine solo the network hash was already psychotic for anybody with a CPU. I posted there and then in the forum for that coin that I won't mine or buy a single one of these coins I don't care if it turns into a 500000x profit. I'm glad I stuck to my guns and shunned that pos scamcoin. Lots of people lost money on it, its never going to recover.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 07, 2014, 03:58:07 AM
Who the hell even said this coin was ever relevant?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
March 01, 2014, 08:23:13 PM
wow i can finally say i agree with you on something bcx Shocked
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
March 01, 2014, 05:27:05 PM
Maxcoin is a victim of its own success. As soon as it became more profitable for people to mine than Litecoin, all the Litecoin miners switched to Maxcoin. Profit-miners don't speculate. They mine for the BTC. So there's huge downward pressure on the price because of this, and the speculators are just frankly outnumbered by a huge margin.

It was pretty much inevitable, really. The high initial speculative prices set Maxcoin up to treated like this.

IMO, someone is not truly a "Litecoin miner" if they are mining purely for profit and will switch to any chain that is more profitable. I think it's wrong to blame this on Litecoin or Litecoin miners.

Also, I think it is wrong to blame this on the for profit miners as well. It is not their fault that the Maxcoin launch was so incredibly botched that Maxcoin was doomed to fail from its inception. Is it their fault that no one sees any value in Maxcoin? No, that is Max Keiser's fault and his development team's fault. Many coins have survived, grown, and been improved upon despite the fact for profit miners dump the coins at the first chance they get.

Apologies. I didn't mean to insinuate this is the fault of Litecoin miners. Just profit miners in general. A lot of them mine LTC because it's a relatively stable altcoin with predictable profits. That, and it's pretty well known.

I think you're right, though. The hype has died down for Maxcoin. The dumpers have dumped, the bagholders are left holding the bags, and people have moved on. Who knows, maybe things will change, but it seems like a flash in the pan to me.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
March 01, 2014, 04:11:34 PM
Maxcoin is a victim of its own success. As soon as it became more profitable for people to mine than Litecoin, all the Litecoin miners switched to Maxcoin. Profit-miners don't speculate. They mine for the BTC. So there's huge downward pressure on the price because of this, and the speculators are just frankly outnumbered by a huge margin.

It was pretty much inevitable, really. The high initial speculative prices set Maxcoin up to treated like this.

IMO, someone is not truly a "Litecoin miner" if they are mining purely for profit and will switch to any chain that is more profitable. I think it's wrong to blame this on Litecoin or Litecoin miners.

Also, I think it is wrong to blame this on the for profit miners as well. It is not their fault that the Maxcoin launch was so incredibly botched that Maxcoin was doomed to fail from its inception. Is it their fault that no one sees any value in Maxcoin? No, that is Max Keiser's fault and his development team's fault. Many coins have survived, grown, and been improved upon despite the fact for profit miners dump the coins at the first chance they get.
Activity: 101
Merit: 11
March 01, 2014, 03:18:26 PM
rapidcoin, maxcoin, and smartcoin ruined my life imo   Cry
March 01, 2014, 02:59:53 PM
b..b..but.. Grin the cult still say it's going to the moon

Then they're going in the wrong direction!

Did he say it in his show? Or did the coin finally die?

Well, I'm no market analyst, but..

This is what happens when your coin is mined by pure profit-miners with GPU farms and daily bot trading.

That chart sure looks awful...

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Evengelist
March 01, 2014, 02:53:44 PM

This is what happens when your coin is mined by pure profit-miners with GPU farms and daily bot trading.

That chart sure looks awful...
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
March 01, 2014, 02:17:27 PM
Don't worry , he'll launch KeiserCoin in a few days and the worshipers will follow him again.
Also , people who mined it in the first days got some profit , those who bought it because of MK , they got goxed.
March 01, 2014, 01:56:05 PM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
█ Scrooge D Silver █
March 01, 2014, 01:47:40 PM
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
March 01, 2014, 01:45:31 PM
LOL I bought and lost this shite but thank God I got my loss back through aurora coin and sold some of those off and bought MAZA coins. I am now trying to hatch maxcoin out of an hourly faucet and might make my shit coins back that way after a year lol hahahaha. This coin is really creepers jeepers.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
March 01, 2014, 12:43:21 PM
After a quick look around I don't see anything about him severing ties with Maxcoin. Where do you see that Max has abandoned Maxcoin? I never mined/invested in that crap, I am just curious.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
March 01, 2014, 12:37:09 PM
I think this is the first thread you've created that isn't about SolidCoin Tongue
Activity: 708
March 01, 2014, 12:28:54 PM
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC
March 01, 2014, 12:17:09 PM
Haha

A lot of poor in BTT are deserving getting scam.

Maxcoin "was" pure and brave version of Visa or Stackcoin. And it died.
legendary
Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024
March 01, 2014, 12:08:34 PM
delete
Pages:
Jump to: