Pages:
Author

Topic: Delete this please - page 2. (Read 412 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 938
May 15, 2022, 07:42:11 PM
You're now also accusing Kano?

Anyway, you're using the wrong repo if you want to copy ckpool solo. The code is here:

https://bitbucket.org/ckolivas/ckpool-solo/src/master

Good luck on your pool.
copper member
Activity: 99
Merit: 4
May 15, 2022, 03:02:09 PM
Glad everyone is so trusting . Further exploration down the rabbit hole has led me to many examples of HASHRATE theft . It is very easy to do if a pools source code is half open and rest closed source.  A very clear cut example of a way hashrate theft happens is right here. 

https://github.com/ctubio/php-proxy-stratum

Solo mining is a gamble . To what degree are gambling is the only question . Gambling on the outstanding odds of hitting a solo block and possibly getting your hashrate stolen? We should only be gambling with one variable….The bitcoin variable. Trust all you want but do you really trust human being with $187,873.125 . I do not care who you are or how long you have been around. 187,873 reasons is way to many for a person to choose self over another person.

If CK pool was so honest why is there no tutorials on how to replicate the pool. Why is there only 2 pools running their software?  So many unanswered questions.  The nature of open source and sharing is what this Bitcoin was founded on. Seems like some of the oldest members here do not subscribe to the ethos of bitcoin.  If I was able to replicate ck pool and see the full scope of how it works . Sure  I would retract my suspicions . Right now any open source developer that deletes basic questions on how their code works is highly suspicious. From the example from link and screen shot look in red. is Kano not the second developer of Ck pool? These coincidence are a little strange right.  The developer ctubio is trying to tell us something here.... I hope this community is not so blinded by the legendary badging of some members of this forum to thinking they are some sort of saint and void of being dishonest
Activity: 562
Merit: 139
May 11, 2022, 09:23:21 PM
Yeah KitKatZ I am encouraged by your enthusiasm but recommend you step cautiously as there are many people willing to share their time and knowledge with you if your open to it.

Now... I am extremely lucky and can confirm that CK and his solo pool mining site work exactly as he claims and based on my wallet balance I believe whole heartily that he's 100% legit.

I woke up with 6.426845 BTC in my wallet after hitting a block on CK's solo pool mining with USB sticks. It's 1 million percent not a scam as I was able to show that I submitted a share above the difficulty further showing that it was in fact real. Real luck no doubt but make no mistake its real.

You'd be much better served asking CK for his help in a private message.

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
May 11, 2022, 04:52:05 AM
OP: maybe you should check the last post of the ckpool development thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.52087086

It should provide clarity for you.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 2529
Escrow Service
May 10, 2022, 01:40:40 AM
calm down a little and keep the ball flat please!

read first make yourself smart and then blame and not the other way around

I have been organizing block party runs on the solo pool for years and we have found a lot of blocks.

Here are the last two blocks we found.
- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/groupbuy-solo-mining-blockparty-2021-number-14-5373661
- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/groupbuy-solo-mining-blockparty-2021-number-8-5363227

If you oben the block, you can see the Block came from coinbase also direct from the BTC blockchain.

Best regards,
Willi
Activity: 952
Merit: 938
May 09, 2022, 10:05:25 PM
Hi KitKatZ, you're new here. It's usually a good idea to read more and post less when you're new.

It seems like you're not doing your research properly because your question is extremely easy to answer.

Sledge0001 recently found a block solo mining with ckpool.

Have a look at his post and see how grateful he is to the other members of this forum that made the things he is using:

I really want to thank everyone on the forum for their support and guidance.
Particularly thank you to the following:

-CK <-- Your pool has changed my world and wallet balance forever.
Kano <-- Your software and guidance was invaluable.
SideHack <-- You evil genius your hardware although small was extremely effective.
Willi9974 <-- I used the funds won from one of your block parties to buy the hardware
419Mining.com <-- Seller of the Compac F's 
AsicPuppy.com  <-- Seller of the Compac F's

Note that you're accusing one of the most trusted users here, the author of cgminer and ckpool. There has been multiple companies over the years copying cgminer and close sourcing it. Your post in the ckpool thread looks like a similar thing, wanting to copy the code to remove the pool fee or make your own clone, etc. It's open source, you can copy it, but the ckpool thread is not the place to discuss that, as I'm sure you'll understand why. That's the reason why your post was deleted, not the conspiracy theory that you're trying to create in this post.

If anything, this thread you made is a disrespect to Con Kolivas.
copper member
Activity: 99
Merit: 4
May 09, 2022, 05:20:04 PM

Very new to Bitcoin community. I joined the conversation on the CK pool thread. To start the process of learning bitcoin mining through CK pool solo mining. I asked Con Kolivas many questioned in the spirit of understanding and knowledge. Not only was none of my questions answered. One of my post was deleted by Con Kolivas. Very strange right?  

A harmless little question. So I dug deeper. Found out that CK pool is  NOT in fact open source like it claims to be.  Don’t trust but verify right? A bunch of people are trusting Con Kolivas with their hardware and electricity but does anyone know for sure what is actual happening to your hash power.  Not sure what I did to upset Con Kolivas . Not the person I imagined he would be though. I imagined a helpful seasoned mentor .Even someone nice enough to answer a little questions from a new forum member here.

I did not join this community for this or Drama but here we are…

sources from

https://bitbucket.org/ckolivas/ckpool/src/master/

has NO mention of 1PKN98VN2z5gwSGZvGKS2bj8aADZBkyhkZ address  in the source

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1PKN98VN2z5gwSGZvGKS2bj8aADZBkyhkZ

This address has transacted 310 times on the Bitcoin blockchain. It has received a total of 48.67186482 BTC ($1,518,397.18) and has sent a total of 45.08555548 BTC ($1,406,516.49). The current value of this address is 3.58630934 BTC ($111,880.69).

Scary when you think about it. Who really gets the 6.25 BTC from this pool? One deflected question and deleted comment brings up a bunch more right?

Does anyone have proof of a real person who has gotten the Rewards from CK pool?

UPDATE 5/28/22
forum admins please delete this topic. My lack of knowledge led me to create this thread . Now that i have learned more .CKpool is in fact 100% open source. Public apology to Con Kolivas for the insinuation. A little communication would have been nice.

Pages:
Jump to: