Pages:
Author

Topic: DEMAND - 1st StratumV2 Mining Pool - SOLO - page 2. (Read 481 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
December 08, 2023, 05:29:28 PM
If you take a TX with a low fee that someone paid you to mine that brings the fees above what is in the mempool. I did not maximize my FEES but I maximized my PROFIT.
How much extra does VIABTC make with their paid accelerator?

You are correct, but!!, This does not increase the profit for miners, in fact, it reduces it, only the pool would make more profit by scamming miners off their potential profit, the fact that Viabtc ignored my questions in the past shows that they do not share any of that profit with the miners, it's pretty much a scam if you ask me, which is one of the reasons why I stopped using them.

An example of using $ to keep things simple is if said pool charged $100 on a transaction that is paying $1 in fee on the blockchain while removing another transaction that was paying $50, you should pay the miners $49 out of that $100, otherwise the pool is stealing.

I have checked my daily payouts over and over again to see any mention of "acceleration profit", or at least an answer of some sort, I got none, so I could only assume that they keep all of it, so as far as miners are concerned any pool that doesn't use the default getblocktemplate is certainly paying them less.

Edit: to be even more fair to Viabtc i did contact them again asking the same question, this will be my last attempt.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 08, 2023, 11:43:42 AM

Using bitcoin core's command to getblocktemplate will (currently) maximise the fees in your block.

Any changes to that will reduce the total fees.

As I like to say. Yes with a but or no with an however.

If you take a TX with a low fee that someone paid you to mine that brings the fees above what is in the mempool. I did not maximize my FEES but I maximized my PROFIT.
How much extra does VIABTC make with their paid accelerator?

So as a rule yes getblocktemplate will give you the best deal, but it is not absolute when you have other ways of getting BTC for mining.

But, FEES are not the only thing so it's not an absolute.

-Dave
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
December 08, 2023, 06:23:01 AM
Alas V2 is, by definition, transaction bias.

Okay with crazy high tx numbers that we have now. could this set the bar higher?

Using bitcoin core's command to getblocktemplate will (currently) maximise the fees in your block.

Any changes to that will reduce the total fees.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
December 07, 2023, 11:12:36 PM

Not allowing all transactions in the blockchain is a very bad idea for the free open bitcoin transaction system.

Mara pool tried doing this and stopped because of the obvious expected backlash.

Not sure why anyone would want to promote this.

It doesn't give you more blocks on the blockchain, it allows you to do 2 things:
1) Remove transactions "you don't like" = transaction bias
2) Put cheaper transactions in your blocks = devalue bitcoin and get less reward mining

I highly suggest everyone to avoid this.

Okay with crazy high tx numbers that we have now. could this set the bar higher?

Ie no fee under 400 sats a byte when fees are high and it cherry picks higher  by 50 %  would it be more likely to get a block with 3 btc in fees while a non biased one would be more likely to get a block with 2 btc in fees as it allows for low fees.

In my example above it would appear on the surface that he would hit fatter feed blocks.

Or am I simply wrong.

BTW if I am right his method is only good when fees are high.

right now if you set 120 sats as your cut off and I set no cutoff leaving it alone does he  hit higher fees  then the open non biased pool

I think he wants to leave that impression that his way results in bigger fees.

and I am asking is that true or false?
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
December 07, 2023, 10:56:22 PM

Not allowing all transactions in the blockchain is a very bad idea for the free open bitcoin transaction system.

Mara pool tried doing this and stopped because of the obvious expected backlash.

Not sure why anyone would want to promote this.

It doesn't give you more blocks on the blockchain, it allows you to do 2 things:
1) Remove transactions "you don't like" = transaction bias
2) Put cheaper transactions in your blocks = devalue bitcoin and get less reward mining

I highly suggest everyone to avoid this.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
December 05, 2023, 07:38:40 PM
Hi Dave,

SRI (Stratum Reference Implementation) already have a testnet infra that you can use for it.
pool: 89.116.25.191:34254
job declarator server: 89.116.25.191:34264
template provider:  89.116.25.191:8442

We are mining on testnet since more then one year and we fund a lot of blocks.
Here a telegram bot that keep tracks of them: https://t.me/+_ooR21QNH101NjE8
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 05, 2023, 05:24:40 PM
Don't know if you saw my comment in the now locked thread:

Cool that you are doing this.
BUT, any reason you are not doing it on Testnet?
There might be some people who would point to your pool to figure things out but would want verification.
Doing it on mainnet is going to mean the odds of a block being found by people just figuring things out is just about 0.

-Dave
legendary
Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021
December 05, 2023, 05:22:43 PM
Stratum v2: Superior Security, Flexibility, and Performance

Bandwidth Consumption:
SV2 optimizes bandwidth by encoding messages in minimized binary and eliminating redundant messaging. Stratum V1's JSON-RPC protocol is 2-3x heavier due to human-readable text. SV2 reduces average network message size from ~100 bytes (unencrypted) to 48 bytes (encrypted), lowering infrastructure costs and enabling precise hashrate measurement.

Server CPU Load:
SV2 allows efficient caching and eliminates Merkle Root recomputation for each share submission. It enables header-only mining, significantly reducing server CPU load.

Job Distribution Latency:
SV2 separates mining prevhash and future job messages, allowing faster job distribution. This minimizes latency and increases efficiency in starting new block mining.

Binary Encoding:
SV2's binary encoding is optimized for efficient computation and networking, significantly reducing message size compared to Stratum V1's JSON-RPC.

Man-in-the-Middle Attack Prevention:
SV2 ensures data integrity and confidentiality with robust encryption (AEAD), protecting against hashrate hijacking and maintaining miner-pool privacy.

Eliminate Empty Block Mining:
SV2's efficient job distribution eliminates the incentive to mine empty blocks, reducing the likelihood of empty block propagation in the network.

Job Selection:
SV2 allows miners to choose their work, decentralizing mining and limiting pools' ability to censor transactions. This enhances Bitcoin's censorship resistance.

Header-Only Mining:
SV2's header-only mining protocol reduces bandwidth and CPU load, optimizing for speed and efficiency in large-scale mining operations.

Multiplexing:
SV2 enables multiple communication channels over a single connection, reducing infrastructure complexity and costs.

Implicit Work Subscription:
SV2 assumes implicit job assignment requests upon channel opening, eliminating unnecessary data transfers and improving protocol efficiency.

Native Version Rolling:
SV2 natively supports version rolling, enhancing the mining process by extending the search space and reducing new job distributions.

Zero-time Backend Switching:
SV2 facilitates efficient backend switching and job allocation from different pools, optimizing complex mining setups.

Same Connection - Different Jobs:
SV2's multiplexing allows transmission of data for different jobs over a single connection, reducing the need for multiple connections and simplifying infrastructure.

Source: Stratumprotocol.org
legendary
Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021
December 05, 2023, 05:22:21 PM
DEMAND Bitcoin Mining Pool

dmnd.work
STRATUMV2 Solo mining (pooled mining coming soon). Build your own block template + tx sets.

Step-by-step Guide for StratumV2 Solo mining on  DEMAND

download (or build) patched bitcoind binaries from here https://github.com/Sjors/bitcoin/releases/tag/sv2-tp-0.1.2
⛏️⛏️After, click on bitcoin-sv2-tp-0.1.2-x86_64-linux-gnu.tar.gz to download the patched bitcoind that support StratumV2 (this is the Linux binary)
⛏️⛏️https://github.com/Sjors/bitcoin/releases/download/sv2-tp-0.1.2/bitcoin-sv2-tp-0.1.2-arm64-apple-darwin.tar.gz (this is the MAC binary)
run the patched bitcoind with this command:
⛏️⛏️ ./bitcoind -sv2 -sv2port=8442 (you MUST use this port otherwise the proxy will not work)
⛏️⛏️you can add other flags if you need them
⛏️⛏️the node will not enter a ready state for mining until any block is found on the network.
⛏️⛏️⛏️Note: Once you launch the node and the chain is synced, you'll need to wait for a new block before launching the proxy.
wait for the chain to sync
download or build demand all in one proxy from here https://github.com/demand-open-source/stratum/releases/tag/DEMAND
⛏️⛏️Click on Release (right hand side) to find the proxy
⛏️⛏️This is the proxy: demand_all_in_one_sv2-x86_64-linux-gnu and download
⛏️⛏️⛏️NOTE: only available for MAC and LINUX
Once downloaded, run or execute it with ./demand_all_in_one_sv2-x86_64-linux-gnu -a bc1qxy2kgdygjrsqtzq2n0yrf2493p83kkfjhx0wlh <- this would be your valid bitcoin address where you would receive your mining reward
⛏️⛏️Multiple miners are able to mine to one address
Run it
As soon as you see INFO demand_solo_all_in_one::translator: Connected to Upstream! ....\
⛏️⛏️ point your miners to ip_address_of_the_machine_running_the_proxy:34255

Congratulations miner! You are now helping maintain bitcoin mining healthy and decentralized with StratumV2 DEMAND.

You may enter the command - - help for other options

You can skip all this and solo mine sv1 with this endpoint: mining.dmnd.work:1000

Thank you
DEMAND team

Please follow
twitter: @DEMAND_POOL (
And join our telegram group: https://t.me/DemandPool
Pages:
Jump to: