Pages:
Author

Topic: ♻️ Demoted newbie ! Don't be upset, see guidelines to get 1 merit and rank up.✔ - page 2. (Read 771 times)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450
I don't agree with the number 2, some discussions can be dozens long pages, members who is interested could read each post in it, and when they see good posts, merit comes out. You're making newbie keep away from good threads just because those threads have  long pages.
Usually, the repeated question and answers is most likely the cause of threads having long pages even tho that it is a useful one. Some people are just repeating the answers and opinions over and over again but with a different construction of sentence. That is why replying in megathread is not recommended even if you know the topic that has been created.
Activity: 128
Merit: 0
I don't agree with the number 2, some discussions can be dozens long pages, members who is interested could read each post in it, and when they see good posts, merit comes out. You're making newbie keep away from good threads just because those threads have  long pages.
Activity: 115
Merit: 2
These are all very good points that you covered. I personally never considered the issue with posting in mega threads until now but the way you described it makes perfect sense. I can see how quality posts will probably never get recognized in a mega thread if it's buried among hundreds of other posts.

In regards to the useful and informative articles. I think it might be difficult to share on a topic that hasn't already been covered yet. Several times i've heard members saying there are no new topics that they can share on the forum and it discourages them from posting. But let's say if a member posted on a topic that has already been covered would it get deleted because it's duplicated? What are your thoughts on that?
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature space for rent
Thanks for your good suggestions it's quite helping hope I get some merit soon

Welcome, your goals depend on your hard work. Don't make post only for earning merit, make post for forum and members. Useful reply and post can motivate others also. This community is for help each other's and share knowledge. What you got from community it's not matter, what is you are contributing on forum this is the matter. It's look to me you need improve your posting behaviour as well.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature space for rent
Perhaps you was surprised once you saw that you are demoted to newbie. Today forum admin implement Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements as well you know. This is real time implementations. May be this rules make disappointed most of people's usually. I want to say be disappointed or emotional. Rules for build a decent forum together, and it was necessary. Don't be upset. Do you know wise word of Adlof Hitler?
Many of these limitations can be eliminated with a copper membership. In particular, you can set a signature at Member level if you wear a copper membership.
Pages:
Jump to: