Pages:
Author

Topic: Deposit to Binance unconfirmed after 48hours using Android Bitcoin Wallet - page 2. (Read 291 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 4
It seems like the bc1 address is indeed you change address then, but your wallet has automatically sent the change from your legacy outputs to a segwit address. I wasn't aware that Bitcoin Wallet for Android did this.

You can use this 747 satoshi to perform a CPFP transaction, but the problem you have now is that it is not enough to perform a CPFP transaction by itself. You would need to deposit additional funds to your wallet, and then spend those additional funds along with the 747 satoshi in a further transaction. While possible, this becomes significantly more costly since you have to make two further transactions and your second transaction needs to include two inputs.

Conversely, given how full the mempool is with low fee transactions, and it showing no sign of clearing down to 2.5 sats/vbyte anytime soon, you could be waiting for a week or more for your transaction to confirm, or it might never confirm at all and be dropped from the mempool. If this were to happen, then you can simply try to make the same transaction again but ensure you pay a higher fee this time.

Thanks for your input.

Another question @oeleo

So if I would deposit let's say 50$ on my android wallet and send that 50$ to another wallet (for example binance) with a good fee, miners would pick up the transactions and they will confirm?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18503
It seems like the bc1 address is indeed you change address then, but your wallet has automatically sent the change from your legacy outputs to a segwit address. I wasn't aware that Bitcoin Wallet for Android did this.

You can use this 747 satoshi to perform a CPFP transaction, but the problem you have now is that it is not enough to perform a CPFP transaction by itself. You would need to deposit additional funds to your wallet, and then spend those additional funds along with the 747 satoshi in a further transaction. While possible, this becomes significantly more costly since you have to make two further transactions and your second transaction needs to include two inputs.

Conversely, given how full the mempool is with low fee transactions, and it showing no sign of clearing down to 2.5 sats/vbyte anytime soon, you could be waiting for a week or more for your transaction to confirm, or it might never confirm at all and be dropped from the mempool. If this were to happen, then you can simply try to make the same transaction again but ensure you pay a higher fee this time.
Hey @oeleo

I just checked my Bitcoin Wallet app and I can't seem to find the bc1 address in my 'address book' but I did notice that after doing this deposit i've sent I'm left with exactly 747satoshi on my android btc wallet

So maybe that bc1 address is the wallet that I sent from?

This is kind of confusing for a noob like myself. will be using an RBF enabled android wallet in the future for sure!
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18503
Can I do the CPFP method and if so how should I be doing this?
Maybe.

In the transaction you made, Binance's deposit address is obviously 12PmqFhxMXFikqJwjjgYVWx83uTR6Ux6cS. Who owns the other address - bc1q52tsw4z44zstajzgw6l48xvljuprkcf66wnwq4 - which was sent 747 sats? It would be unusual for a change address since the address type doesn't match the inputs.

If you control the funds at this address, then you can combine them with other funds to do a CPFP. If you do not control these funds, then you cannot perform a CPFP.
I also noticed RBF not being enabled.

Can I do the CPFP method and if so how should I be doing this?

Thanks for your reply though
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131
Is there any way for me to increase the fee or to get this transaction confirmed?

It looks like your transaction does not have RBF enabled, so you won't be able to increase the fee of your transaction.
I'm pretty new to crypto, I tried depositing around 175$ in BTC to Binance using the android Bitcoin Wallet.

Before sending I didn't notice that the fee was set to "economic". Because of this the transaction was made with only 2.5sat/b fee and has been in the mempool for almost 2 days.

Is there any way for me to increase the fee or to get this transaction confirmed?

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/ec032e96255bcd75d87e48260dced449190a950598b40812d5a79aacceee7b18

Any advice would be very much appreciated!
Pages:
Jump to: