Pages:
Author

Topic: Depressed volatility driving BTC price down? - page 2. (Read 371 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 10
Yes, depressed volatility is responsible for the BTC fall. But why it is depressed? I think the latest news of bithumb hacking is mainly responsible. Because of the hack, traders are getting stop for further move. And as a result market is getting stuck and price is falling down, I guess.
We are totally affected with that certain scenarios, of course Bithumb is one of the largets crypto exchange and millions have lost. Definitely, they are using those coins to bring crypto market price dump and easily get their money. We can't rid those hackers since can take their real identity, may other exchange site brought this as a sort of learning, otherwise they might be the next one.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
Just hold one of the best ways right now, to do trading is very risky. Recently the cryptocurrency market was shocked by some hacked exchange, which makes users uncomfortable investing in cryptocurrency. Bad news is happening since the beginning of 2018 ago and make cryptocurrency market has a long downtrend. We have not found a solution to deal with the problem, maybe in the future there will be a solution and fix it.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Bitcoin is trading at $6,407.53, down -4.79% from yesterday, wiping away the gains from the most recent steady recovery.
What's driving the bitcoin price down and what's the BTC price forecast?

Link: https://www.finstead.com/bite/bitcoin-depressed-volatility-june-22-2018

How do you think?
It's simply the constant positive feedback loop which is driving the price of Bitcoin down. When it goes down everybody begins to think that it's crashing, and so they sell, and when it continues to go down everyone else begins to think the same way and so on and so forth. It comes down to someone breaking the cycle in order for this all to get fixed.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
I think this is the fact. The price is volatile but it is continuously and this has made the investors depressed enough and this is talking upon the market.
Activity: 210
The cryptocurrency market is always fluctuating. Multiple factors work behind these fluctuations. The major factor that work behind these fluctuations are supply and demand of coins in the market.
Activity: 112
Yes, depressed volatility is responsible for the BTC fall. But why it is depressed? I think the latest news of bithumb hacking is mainly responsible. Because of the hack, traders are getting stop for further move. And as a result market is getting stuck and price is falling down, I guess.
Activity: 742
Merit: 253
This is show us that the price of bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency is always been manipulated by emotions and cognitive reasoning. When people start noticing the fall in the price of bitcoin, they feel they have start losing all their invested money, some become depressed, others start panicking and start selling off and by this causing a decrease in the price of BTC.
funny, when they see those who panic when bitcoin prices fall, but we've never felt the sweetness of profit in 2017. this is the greedy attitude of man. they feel depressed when investment falls, whereas if in accumulation we still benefit from our investment in crypto currency
Activity: 966
Merit: 153
This is show us that the price of bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency is always been manipulated by emotions and cognitive reasoning. When people start noticing the fall in the price of bitcoin, they feel they have start losing all their invested money, some become depressed, others start panicking and start selling off and by this causing a decrease in the price of BTC.
Activity: 364
Merit: 103
after reading the article I find it interesting and fairly short and solid in discussing bitcoin prices, but in my personal view this time or this year bitcoin is not in the fall phase, but bitcoin prices are now influenced by government regulation to legalize bitcoin in each country user bitcoin, and my other view of bitcoin at the current price of giving a slit to another altcoin to have a price, because as far as I know the price of bitcoin down is certainly the price of altcoin will rise, the bitcoin mother of altcoin is definitely bitcoin give the opportunity to his children to be given a chance life of course with my price suggestions on friends to stay calm and not panic may be useful and successful for us all
Activity: 109
I'm very upset in Bitcoin now, it so dip. I loose my money almost a half and thinking if when it goes up.
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
This is really depressing. The price is going down gradually and there is no sign of recovery. This is taking it to go down further. I really think that the price will start increasing soon.
I do not want to upset you but it seems to me that the price of bitcoin will not recover soon. Most investors were ready for such a development. This does not mean that people are happy with the price reduction but for me, for example, there will be no great tragedy in the future price reduction. I'll be waiting.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 261
★ Investor | Trader | Promoter
This is really very disappointing, continusouly the price goes down. Day by day it would decrease, there is no signal of recovery. So many negative news and big whales are manipulating the market these are the reasons that marketbis still going down. But we know about bitcoin, so dont get panic. The market will recover soon, by the end of this year the price of bitcoin shows its strength.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
It makes me go crazy, It was painful to see btc falling from a large value to its dropping period it affects also my holdings I am starting to panic about this price fall but I hope it will not last long.

Well when you have a close look how fast we were moving up in Q4 last year, for the ones with a bit of experience it was obvious that this wouldn't be sustainable.
And as the market reversed, well the bears took advantage of it. A crypto is always tough. But it makes you harder against FUD and manipulation in the future. See this as a lesson now! And when the next bull run happens you may know where to take a bit of profit and you will be able to go through the bear cycle afterwards way more easier than today. There will probably a few up and down moves with wild swings in the future. The way to $100k+ isn't an easy one!
Activity: 126
This is really depressing. The price is going down gradually and there is no sign of recovery. This is taking it to go down further. I really think that the price will start increasing soon.
Activity: 67
I think different FUDs and price manipulators are responsible for this price fall. But, this is temporary. Don't panic as the price may recover within this year.
Activity: 27
Bitcoin topped out in the midst of the futures contract launches; this was a big step in the asset's maturation. There was tremendous speculation, and a sort of fear-of-missing-out trade sent prices skyrocketing too high, too quickly. The sell-off since then has wiped out most, if not all, of the over-enthusiasm.

I like to say that a bottom is a process, not a price. Now that the price and volatility have come back down to Earth, this bottoming process can begin. I see significant upside from here in the long-term.
Activity: 275
Merit: 10
We offer our Service
It makes me go crazy, It was painful to see btc falling from a large value to its dropping period it affects also my holdings I am starting to panic about this price fall but I hope it will not last long.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
You know what we should do ?
Pick up the positive points from this issue and some of that includes as stated in the article you mentioned:-

It's still down from the previous year

Larger funds have been received as compared to 2017

Now considering these two factors I believe that nothing can stop it from exceeding the limit of 2017 that it gained .
We still should wait for the year's end to make any judgements about it.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
we are not out of the bear market yet, so it's easier for price to go down than to go up. just relax this might take some time as it has in the past (2014-2015)
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
The old timers will tell you to keep your eyes on the long-term goals, because short term volatility means nothing. I bought

bitcoins when it was below $1000 and it dropped to below $400 and at the time most people ran for the hills, because they

thought it was the end of Bitcoin. The strong hands stayed in and we sold those coins for a 800%+ profit a year or two later.

Just ignore short term volatility.  Cool
You are the man with lots of confidence over Bitcoin. The community should have many people like. I myself am holding BTC from quite a few months despite the decline and I wish the others could have showed the same support as well. I believe if many start holding on to their investments then the price could go up soon. I think people are being tired of holding on to BTC and seeing no rise in the price. The late investors might be loosing hope on BTC and giving up that is why the price might be going down.
Pages:
Jump to: