Pages:
Author

Topic: Depression.. the disease of our times? - page 2. (Read 355 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 10
November 19, 2018, 05:29:49 PM
You obviously don't understand depression. More than sadness, it's tiredness that wears you out. Lack of energy and will and motivation and self-discipline. You suggest setting goals, taking on responsibilities, writting, exercising, socializing? *Doing* so much stuff when you literally use the 100% of your energy to just get up in the morning? I doubt that you have ever felt depressed - even for a couple of hours.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
November 19, 2018, 04:36:51 PM
Wanna overcome your depression? Look at it as a friend. Try to make friends with it. Immerse yourself in it. Play with it. After a while, it will become so familiar to you that it won't bother you anymore.

Also, get off as many medical drugs as you can. Medical drugs tend to make it stronger in the long run, even if they seem to reduce it at first.

Cool
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
November 19, 2018, 04:30:43 PM
I hear more and more young people around me that they feel depressed, alone and lonely.. I am not sure if they totally understand what depression is and how does that feel.
Sometimes I want to punch them in the face when i hear them like: "omg, he broke up with me after one month, i am sooo depressed!". Seriously now, it's been one month!
Anyway, i think young people nowadays really like to play the victim and look powerless in front of the society so they can victimize themselves and then people to emphasize with them and feel pity for them.
I am just sick of hearing people: I am so depressed. They have no idea how depression eats you alive from the inside..

Am I right? Do you see it my way?
Pages:
Jump to: