Pages:
Author

Topic: Deserved or ass licking? - page 2. (Read 460 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
August 13, 2018, 05:24:10 AM
I recently saw this reason which makes quite a lot of sense from a marketing/inverstor point of view:

@al7878 @pichie thank you for for giving merit to main thread, this will help in establishing more trust in this coin
Deserved or not, meriting the ANN OP can have the effect indicated by @fonship (who does not run an Ann thread) in the eyes of many.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
August 13, 2018, 05:09:58 AM
How can we regard the case when a member stays some merits to a signature campaign's OP to be accepted into the campaign? Coz the first post of every signature campaign is standard (picture, links, rules, signatures and so on), does it really deserved to be merited or it is simple ass licking?
What deserves to be merited and what not depends on the judgement of the merit awarder and not others. While people might give merits to some threads simply because they agree with it, they may do so for other reasons as well. Although merit is subjective it is generally awarded to helpful and informative posts.

In my opinion some signature spammers who were desperately wanting to get accepted in some or the other campaign on being accepted on a certain campaign after failed attempts at many other campaigns are so full of gratitude for the manager that they end up meriting their thread.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
August 13, 2018, 05:09:13 AM
I'd say it depends on the thread. Merit means: this post is worth reading. The campaign I'm in, has received Merit from 4 different users. Considering how long it's been running, and how much it pays, the thread is for sure worth reading. And I'm pretty sure Meriting a Legendary campaign manager who runs a very strict campaign isn't going to help you get accepted.

I've also seen ICO-campaigns that earned Merit, and those aren't worth it at all.
staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
August 13, 2018, 04:29:21 AM
In almost all cases a signature campaigns recruitment thread isn't something that deserves merit from my point of view. However, users can do whatever they want with their merit that they've earned. I guess a few people aren't "asslicking", and might just be rewarding the manager for managing the campaign well. Not what merit is suppose to be used for, but I'm sure a few users have done it for this reason.
Activity: 658
Merit: 152
August 13, 2018, 04:23:19 AM
I know that some users will attack me due to the same thread appeared on the board already, but I wish to ask in any way:

How can we regard the case when a member stays some merits to a signature campaign's OP to be accepted into the campaign? Coz the first post of every signature campaign is standard (picture, links, rules, signatures and so on), does it really deserved to be merited or it is simple ass licking?

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: