Pages:
Author

Topic: Desktop or Laptop?Why? - page 4. (Read 1150 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
September 28, 2017, 09:29:42 AM
if you want to bring your work everywhere then laptop. else desktop
Activity: 1
September 28, 2017, 09:25:40 AM
i prefer laptop we have to do our work anywhere we want due to the wifi facilities. we have to communicate to the people around the world. we have to use the laptop without electricity. we have to use high resolution or high  configuration software on laptop. we have to carry laptop around the world for the meeting.  students can use laptop to create softwares and designing something in the laptop.
Activity: 3
September 28, 2017, 09:24:26 AM
I prefer to use laptop. It is because you can bring it anywhere. If you have a presentation at work, you can bring your laptop. Also when you travel.
Activity: 5
September 28, 2017, 09:12:15 AM
Desktop for work and at home laptop. Just for convenience
Activity: 106
Merit: 12
September 28, 2017, 09:05:20 AM
Desktop or Laptop?Why?

well, personally I like dekstop. but I'll try to explain more. ok, choosing between a laptop and desktop can be a difficult decision. If portability in not a big issue then desktop is the best choice for you. Here is the list of reasons why a desktop PC is always better than a laptop:

1. Performance:
In general, any electronic device gets heated up due to the processes that take place inside their internal components. These need to be cooled either with the help of an air cooling or liquid cooling system to keep them from burning out. The laptop’s motherboard on which all of the components are mounted is enclosed in a smaller framework with lesser number of fans for cooling. This leads to over heating when a large number tasks or heavy load is applied to the processor. This limitation is overcome by the desktop computer’s larger framework and cooling system with more number of fans for air cooling.
2. Easy to upgrade:
Increasing the size of your RAM or adding new  PCI cards and IDE disks requires a larger motherboard and more number of slots for expansion. In a desktop PC, it is very easy as the size of the motherboard doesn’t matter much. In a laptop, the motherboard is fitted in to fixed framework or chassis. Thus it limits the size of the motherboard as the laptops need to be smaller and thinner which leads to the limiting of space to fit in new memory drives in them.
3. Repair:
Repairing a desktop computer is much easier than laptop. The hardware can be easily purchased off the shelf of any local computer retail store for desktop while it is difficult and finding a replacement part often requires calling the computer manufacturer or ordering from another online site.

Desktops are optimal choices for graphic intensive Performance and grapich .
Activity: 1092
Merit: 582
September 28, 2017, 04:49:23 AM
Totally depends on your work,
Do you want it to carry from one place to other than go for the laptop if not then what kind of work you want to do?
If it is for high usage then the laptop is not recommended as it takes more expenses than desktop.
For light usage, Laptop is best.
Activity: 28
September 28, 2017, 04:37:42 AM
why using a desktop?
what is the advantages of it over laptop?
laptop you can take anywhere and it does the same
Activity: 14
September 28, 2017, 03:43:31 AM
Build a desktop if you're just gonna use it for gaming because it's much cheaper to build a gaming desktop rather than buy a low end gaming laptop. If you're planning to work and play at the same time, might as well buy a gaming laptop with high end specs so you can play and travel around with it.
Activity: 13
September 28, 2017, 03:41:57 AM
I prefer laptop. Because it is handy , and i can bring it with me all the time . Even if i am on a vacation but still i have many work to pass , i can work it while im not at home . So laptop is much better than desktop.
Activity: 180
Merit: 10
September 28, 2017, 03:40:46 AM
I recommend a laptop. because it is easy to carry everywhere, you can use it anytime, if your desktop can not take it everywhere
Activity: 10
September 28, 2017, 03:10:37 AM
Laptop!
Because Laptop are very light ,Energy saving and easy to carry. Cool
Activity: 8
September 28, 2017, 02:38:14 AM
I choose Laptop. laptop easier to take anywhere. so we can work anytime. although the price is more expensive compared to desktops, but to see the benefits in my opinion it is comparable.
Activity: 89
September 27, 2017, 10:08:45 PM
I switched to a laptop for the flexibility. I like how everything is in an easy to carry package (screen, speakers, keyboard etc).
Activity: 364
Merit: 105
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
September 27, 2017, 10:02:13 PM
Laptop. Aside from being handy, it is more convenient than desktop. You can can use it wherever you are and whenever you want Wink
Activity: 9
September 27, 2017, 07:19:55 PM
i prefer desktop for the bigger screen and better keyboard
Activity: 266
Merit: 190
September 27, 2017, 06:55:11 PM
Desktop or Laptop?Why?

Laptops are more comfortable. Thats why i will choose always Laptop.
Activity: 658
Merit: 288
September 27, 2017, 04:57:13 PM
Desktop or Laptop?Why?

When i am watching a movie than laptop, playing games desktop!
Activity: 1
September 27, 2017, 04:42:07 PM
Depends on your job I'd say. If you're a student, travel a lot or value mobility go for a laptop.
I am a teacher (far away from my home country) so I need a laptop, alone for the purpose to keep working while I travel/visit different schools or have holidays at home.
Activity: 106
September 27, 2017, 04:15:07 PM
Laptop! portabilty is an essential point for me, because of work
Activity: 110
September 27, 2017, 04:02:30 PM
Both. Desktop for home and office, laptop for travel.
Pages:
Jump to: