Pages:
Author

Topic: Destroying bitcoin, by coin, by coin... - page 4. (Read 15677 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
By the way. Which insurance company do you work for?

He doesn't work for an insurance company. And here's why:

Insurance companies are very keen to keep their expenses very low, so, even those 12 computers mining 24/7 would raise their electricity bill so much that they would look very well to find out where it was being spent. Only 1 month of mining would be enough for the OP and his "partner" to be already working for "social security"(unemployed), not for an insurance company  Roll Eyes

You're not helping to liven up the discussion by being sensible.

Sorry for ruining the fun for the rest of you Cheesy

I'm sorry I had a fight in the middle of your Black Panther party.

Hahaha! Grin
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
We want stats, how many BTC did you destroy already? I want to know how much more my coins are worth :p

+1.  Just post the addresses you're destroying with links to blockexplorer.  At least make it interesting for the readers.

LOL Trolls never present evidence  Roll Eyes
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
We want stats, how many BTC did you destroy already? I want to know how much more my coins are worth :p

+1.  Just post the addresses you're destroying with links to blockexplorer.  At least make it interesting for the readers.
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
Earthling
Of course you can join our quest and start deleting your wallets from today and help us get rid of bitcoin. Coin by coin by coin by coin! Smiley

I sure will support you OP but instead of destroying bitcoins for good i suggest we waist our coins for fun!
Join me in my quest to raise a fund for bitcoin tattoos! I'm not kidding, OP! Join me and let's waist some coins for fun here and here!

I support this man!
XIU
Activity: 98
Of course you can join our quest and start deleting your wallets from today and help us get rid of bitcoin. Coin by coin by coin by coin! Smiley

I sure will support you OP but instead of destroying bitcoins for good i suggest we waist our coins for fun!
Join me in my quest to raise a fund for bitcoin tattoos! I'm not kidding, OP! Join me and let's waist some coins for fun here and here!
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
2 posts to go Smiley

Funny that people say Bitcoin's cant be good cause it wouldnt have any real value. Reminds me of the US Dolloar wich gets printet out of Air as well. And i personaly think even the paper on wich its printed on is worth more.

And to rollbacks well i rather have a clean rollback than all the crooks in Wallstreet Smiley

cheers

- Instances like MtGox  deciding to perform rollbacks show that the principle ideal was already raped

I have to admit I can't remember the last large scale rollback in a "proper" exchange, but I thought I'd link to the CBOE about their procedure for busting (undoing) trades:

https://www.cboe.org/publish/InfoCir/IC10-134.pdf

From:  http://www.nyse.com/technologies/tradingsolutions/1225787393155.html

Under "Features"

Entitlements safety features including rollback mechanism

Every exchange has rollback mechanisms in place to handle technical problems.  Mt. Gox just didn't have them automatically executed.
Activity: 199
Merit: 110
- Instances like MtGox  deciding to perform rollbacks show that the principle ideal was already raped

I have to admit I can't remember the last large scale rollback in a "proper" exchange, but I thought I'd link to the CBOE about their procedure for busting (undoing) trades:

https://www.cboe.org/publish/InfoCir/IC10-134.pdf

Oh my, there's a ton of reasons, all of which I am sure you've read here on the forums before so I think it'd be kinda boring to discuss here. Just a small list if you insist (if you like my rhymes, please sestroy a bitcoin for donation! Wink:

- The deflatory nature of bitcoin is an inherent flaw making the principle useless

And your evidence of this is...

- Bitcoin is a speculative bubble, has no real value and will cause many people to lose the money they invested

It's a closed system.  For every dollar lost, someone gained a dollar.  The only people losing money on Bitcoins are the people who treat it as a speculative instrument. 

- The whole concept is too geeky (and yes, we're geeks too, but still) to become ever widely adopted

Guess what else was "too geeky" only 2 years into its existence:  Personal Computers.  To think something as radical as Bitcoins could be brought into the mainstream within 6 months (which is really the only time period we're talking about, because the mainstream media didn't even know what Bitcoins were in January of this year) is just nuts.

- It is a pyramid scheme and the only ones benefiting are the early adoptors and they will laugh at you when they cash and pull out

Just making this statement shows you have no idea what a "pyramid scheme" is, so it's not even worth responding to.

- It's a botnet-hack waiting to happen

Such an original thought.  So I guess you're going to stop using Personal Computers as well, because those have already been hacked by botnets.  Why do you keep using them?

Umad?  Rollbacks happen in every market, go look it up.  The market decided where the price should be, Mt. Gox didn't.  They rolled back trades, and then the market decided where to stabilize.  Sorry you didn't get to keep your $0.01 Bitcoins.  Oh, and what Mt. Gox did only really affected speculators, no one who actually cares about the "principle ideal" was affected.  And what Mt. Gox does has ZERO bearing on the ideals behind Bitcoin.
Eventually your private key will be cracked and the orphaned BTC will be reclaimed.

For values of eventually that are slightly past the heat death of the universe.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
FAIL

Eventually your private key will be cracked and the orphaned BTC will be reclaimed.
Me getting fired over this is about as likely as bitcoin becoming adopted by the masses. I'm not worried much Wink

*gets popcorn*
Activity: 5
In my immediately previous post I mangled the quoting mechanism. The first two paragraphs are quotes from the message by "Coins Are Gone".
Activity: 5

Oh my, there's a ton of reasons, all of which I am sure you've read here on the forums before so I think it'd be kinda boring to discuss here. Just a small list if you insist (if you like my rhymes, please sestroy a bitcoin for donation! Wink:

- The deflatory nature of bitcoin is an inherent flaw making the principle useless
- Bitcoin is a speculative bubble, has no real value and will cause many people to lose the money they invested
- The whole concept is too geeky (and yes, we're geeks too, but still) to become ever widely adopted
- It is a pyramid scheme and the only ones benefiting are the early adoptors and they will laugh at you when they cash and pull out
- It's a botnet-hack waiting to happen
- and so on...

Thanks for this list of anti-bitcoin reasons. Food for thought.
Activity: 448
By the way. Which insurance company do you work for?

He doesn't work for an insurance company. And here's why:

Insurance companies are very keen to keep their expenses very low, so, even those 12 computers mining 24/7 would raise their electricity bill so much that they would look very well to find out where it was being spent. Only 1 month of mining would be enough for the OP and his "partner" to be already working for "social security"(unemployed), not for an insurance company  Roll Eyes

You're not helping to liven up the discussion by being sensible.

Sorry for ruining the fun for the rest of you Cheesy

I'm sorry I had a fight in the middle of your Black Panther party.
anu
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
Miner is running on 12 PC's at the moment, total hashing power close to 700 Mhash. Next week it's time roll it out on the other 40 machines.

Oh my - I got almost twice on *one* box. No wonder you're so pissed about wasting ressources.

I got an even better idea: You send me your wallets and I keep them. Promise, I won't sell the BTC until Bitcoin is a wild success. Which, according to you, is not going to happen.

Cheers
Anu
Activity: 9
Hi,
I want to join in your cause but I not have enough hardware. Can you send me a some video cards to make more fast a more coins that will be destroyed.

If you want to help me please send me a pm.

I want to join too!! please send me some video cards too!!!  Cool
Activity: 448
Hi,
I want to join in your cause but I not have enough hardware. Can you send me a some video cards to make more fast a more coins that will be destroyed.

ROFL!
Activity: 350
Hi,

Pages:
Jump to: