Pages:
Author

Topic: Devcoin Testimonies - page 3. (Read 2583 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
June 24, 2013, 01:24:02 AM
If getting a new webcam and an xbox is life changing, then you need to stop smokin so much bud and quit trying to start cults

That is not the life changing part, the life changing part is the fact that I have been a struggling artist for over a year now. And now I struggle no more.
Google/YouTube
June 24, 2013, 01:22:58 AM
None of the threads have been useless, you guys just haven't taken the time to pay attention. Or pick the ones that are for people like you.

I dunno, there's a couple in there that aren't so great, I think that's the point of this whole kavetching session we've just endured. For example, I'd say "Devtome Girl" is a pretty useless thread, though I've said my peace on it and won't drag it up again. FWIW, post more substantial threads with more clear and concise information in them and I will give them more credence and less disdain.

I like conversation, and I like debate. I also think both can be had without resorting to the F bomb or showing titties--but hey, again, I'm weird. Remember, you may think, "All press is good press," but the truth is it isn't. I'm not the morality police either though, so take it with a grain of salt.

You can think the devcoin girl thread is useless all day, but there are people on that very same thread that say they bought coins just because they saw her video.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
June 23, 2013, 10:58:38 PM
If getting a new webcam and an xbox is life changing, then you need to stop smokin so much bud and quit trying to start cults
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
June 23, 2013, 10:37:35 PM
None of the threads have been useless, you guys just haven't taken the time to pay attention. Or pick the ones that are for people like you.

I dunno, there's a couple in there that aren't so great, I think that's the point of this whole kavetching session we've just endured. For example, I'd say "Devtome Girl" is a pretty useless thread, though I've said my peace on it and won't drag it up again. FWIW, post more substantial threads with more clear and concise information in them and I will give them more credence and less disdain.

I like conversation, and I like debate. I also think both can be had without resorting to the F bomb or showing titties--but hey, again, I'm weird. Remember, you may think, "All press is good press," but the truth is it isn't. I'm not the morality police either though, so take it with a grain of salt.
Google/YouTube
June 23, 2013, 10:32:11 PM
Well, glad to hear you're actually posting something good now, and DVC did help you greatly. I still don't agree with your posts, but, glad this isn't a very useless thread now.

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
June 23, 2013, 10:21:57 PM
Well, glad to hear you're actually posting something good now, and DVC did help you greatly. I still don't agree with your posts, but, glad this isn't a very useless thread now.
Google/YouTube
June 23, 2013, 10:14:49 PM

I did post my story, I just did it in video form. I went back and added it in written form now though.

Excellent, it is a success story and others should hear it. That said, I don't watch YouTube nearly ever, so I had no idea thats what your link contained. Now that its in print, I am actually going to watch the video as I know what to expect when I click the link. As I am a writer, I am a reader and prefer my Internet in text/graphics rather than audio/video, but hey that's just me, I'm weird.  Cool

Now not only is there a testimonial of devcoin financial blessings, but a story of redemption through non-heated discussion,
June 23, 2013, 10:12:18 PM

I did post my story, I just did it in video form. I went back and added it in written form now though.

Excellent, it is a success story and others should hear it. That said, I don't watch YouTube nearly ever, so I had no idea thats what your link contained. Now that its in print, I am actually going to watch the video as I know what to expect when I click the link. As I am a writer, I am a reader and prefer my Internet in text/graphics rather than audio/video, but hey that's just me, I'm weird.  Cool
Google/YouTube
June 23, 2013, 10:09:17 PM
Well then, in the spirit of the original thread, its kick-ass to hear DVC has set you up better than you were before!

I'd wager if you'd posted your story in the first thread along with the call to hear others' stories, we'd all be sharing and bob's your uncle.  Grin

No harm, no foul, some of us are really here for the community and DVC has a good one, you included Smiley

Google/YouTube
June 23, 2013, 10:06:27 PM
When I read your thread about Devtome, I initially thought it would be awesome to dump a bunch of shit on to it and sit back and collect, and in kind, I did do that, publishing a bunch of my college papers and some how-to's I'd written for my personal domain (its been online since 1999, did you have the Internet back then?). Something happened as I started writing though, and I got back in the groove; after being out of school for a couple years--it felt good! Perhaps you've noticed my eloquence and fluent writing style, I'm not so bad at prose myself. So armed with a new found vigor, I wrote a 13,000+ word article on what of all things? Creating scrypt clone coins. Ha, Ironic eh? I relish the fact that in round 96000 I am going to make a few bits for that guide and have begun a second, more ambitious article. This one will be about how to troubleshoot these clone-coins, a (hopefully) all in one reference for all the bits that people just can't seem to work out--and a great place for me to mirror my work with the side effect of earning a few bits for my effort.

That is awesome. Why couldn't you come here and say this write away instead of bashing me. This is exactly what I was asking for.
June 23, 2013, 10:05:37 PM
Well then, in the spirit of the original thread, its kick-ass to hear DVC has set you up better than you were before!

I'd wager if you'd posted your story in the first thread along with the call to hear others' stories, we'd all be sharing and bob's your uncle.  Grin

No harm, no foul, some of us are really here for the community and DVC has a good one, you included Smiley
Google/YouTube
June 23, 2013, 10:02:12 PM
1. You obviously want to share so, lets hear how Devtome/DVC really changed your life. What did you do for a job before them? Your register date isn't too long ago, so you must have been very derelict, right? Do you get state-sponsored aid (i.e.: welfare, housing assistance?) or do you get disability? I'm guessing here that you didn't have a job before hand as the $$ from your admin shares and PPWC have grossly improved your life. No trolling, I genuinely want to know--if its made your life that much better, I'd love to hear about it.

I will break your post into segments

Before Devtome I had a series of jobs (I will start at 19 years old, when I left TX). I worked at an avocado warehouse, where I was 1 of 3 English speaking employees on the floor.
I got a "helper" Mexican that couldn't speak English, and I was told to train hi so he could help me do my job. A week in, I was fired.

Since then I have been living from YouTube paycheck to YouTube paycheck, and I haven't been able to get a job no matter how much I apply. I was in Florida for a while, and had applied at abunch of places, one being a grocery store. 3 months later I'm in Colorado and I get a phone call asking if I need a job at the grocery store in florida. Other than YouTube, that is the only work opportunity I have for about a year

I wanted to go to college when I was a kid. I planned on doing community college, getting the basics done. Then moving on to a bigger and better school. But when I got older I learned, you need money for that. And no one had prepared me. Yes I had had jobs, but not $100,000 a year ones. And since I got a full graduation highschool diploma in juvy my junior year, I didn't get the aid of a councilor, or anyone who could help me learn what a student loan is let alone get one.

But with the YouTube checks, I have lived on less than $500 a month (including rent) for the past 8 months.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
June 23, 2013, 09:38:59 PM
Devcoin has totally changed my life. Praise dev!
I remember buying some devcoins for .000000150 and selling them for .000000141... that day changed my life.

Lulz but no rly I guess devcoin is good for developers and such who get paid with it if they're getting a fair rate but I can't say i've ever seen anyone (even on the interwebs) who has said devcoin has chaged their life, excluding OP, no offense.
June 23, 2013, 09:31:55 PM
You obviously want to share so, lets hear how Devtome/DVC really changed your life. What did you do for a job before them? Your register date isn't too long ago, so you must have been very derelict, right? Do you get state-sponsored aid (i.e.: welfare, housing assistance?) or do you get disability? I'm guessing here that you didn't have a job before hand as the $$ from your admin shares and PPWC have grossly improved your life. No trolling, I genuinely want to know--if its made your life that much better, I'd love to hear about it.

In kind, here's how DVC has changed my life, although I still haven't received any of my Devtome payouts yet: First off, I see DVC is a unique idea, brilliant way to give little bits of appreciation to people who get little oftentimes for open source, creative arts, and real, life-changing work (volunteering/etc). Second, DVC being merge-mined with BTC gives it immediate legitimacy as a currency, even with the (currently) very low exchange rate and dilution of share value since Devtome's recent thread count on this board. Last, DVC has a very dedicated long-term group of supporters (though like yourself, I'm a fairly recent one) who have worked to create the amazing backend for distributing DVC to those who need it most.

When I read your thread about Devtome, I initially thought it would be awesome to dump a bunch of shit on to it and sit back and collect, and in kind, I did do that, publishing a bunch of my college papers and some how-to's I'd written for my personal domain (its been online since 1999, did you have the Internet back then?). Something happened as I started writing though, and I got back in the groove; after being out of school for a couple years--it felt good! Perhaps you've noticed my eloquence and fluent writing style, I'm not so bad at prose myself. So armed with a new found vigor, I wrote a 13,000+ word article on what of all things? Creating scrypt clone coins. Ha, Ironic eh? I relish the fact that in round 96000 I am going to make a few bits for that guide and have begun a second, more ambitious article. This one will be about how to troubleshoot these clone-coins, a (hopefully) all in one reference for all the bits that people just can't seem to work out--and a great place for me to mirror my work with the side effect of earning a few bits for my effort.

Now everytime a clone-coin comes out, I bounce through the source. There are quite a few with my hallmarks in them, maybe a -qt.pro LIB order here, or a diff algo change there, or maybe even my copyright left intact (thanks 6coin and nuCoin). Did I mention I never once got a single Satoshi for that guide? Nor do I expect to get any for the next iteration. Truth is, I'd have published it on my own website simply for the notoriety of showing up in google when someone looks for "MUTEX_SHARED_WINDOWS_BOOST aww $%*&". So is it life changing? Yea kind of, I've learned more about programming in the last few months than in a couple years at university. Thanks to you, I'm going to get a few BTC worth of DVC for it too!
June 23, 2013, 09:15:19 PM
Stopping the quote pyramid here to prevent a huge spam, but I am in no way trolling you. Don't you see all the other posts? Doesn't it ring any bells to you?
Google/YouTube
June 23, 2013, 09:14:55 PM

Then sell all your DVC and fuck off, and I'll have fun laughing my ass off at you in about two months.

^^THIS is the kind of inane shit we're talking about. You started a thread to hear some "hallelujahs" but instead within 15 posts your attitude degenerated in to this crap

LOL You're acting like he didn't talk shit. At least I am being respectful to these people. I haven't told a single person to eat shit, or fuck their moms or anything. I've just been sitting here taking he trolling and letting it happen. Do what you do, but it's going to be over in 15 minutes and no one will even give a fuck. And even if it last a month, no matter what, it will end, and I will still be here, and so will the videos I made.

So get over it.
Google/YouTube
June 23, 2013, 09:12:31 PM
You guys are all just butt hurt.

Devcoin has changed my life.

I now have a webcam, xbox, video games and means to pay rent. My job is on YouTube, so these things have drastically changed my life.

I have tripled my YouTube video making capability
I have gotten far more writing done than I ever did before

And it's all thanks to Devtome.
If anyone is giving devcoin bad press, it's you guys.

I have gotten about half of my devcoin devtome payout, I plan on using the other half on correcting the market, instead of bitching and moaning about the market and pointing blame like you guys.

You're for a part being paid for nothing and doing useless things. Congratuatlations, you get DVC, dump it all to fiat, then pump untill you get your next payout, dump, and the cycle continues. And you can't and shouldn't "correct" the market, you cannot correct the market, it is based on supply,demand and what is being mined. And we're giving bad press to DVC? Seriously, if I vote with all supporters of DVC, if you give DVC good or bad press, I'm sure it'd be bad press. Heck, I'd bet 1BTC on that if you're up for it. We're not being butt hurt, you have to realize the truth.

Then sell all your DVC and fuck off, and I'll have fun laughing my ass off at you in about two months.

Why in the hell should I sell my DVC? I'm a DVC supporter and don't have any intention to convert it to BTC or USD currently. And why would you be laughing your ass off? Also, you haven't responded if you'd want to do the bet. It also seems you're getting a bit angry, getting angry you're getting exposed about your actions?

Actually I'm pretty sure if anyone is getting angry it's you. 1. Mad about my posts. 2. Freaking out when I told you to sell your coins

I'm simply asking for people to tell the world how Devcoins helped them, if you don't want to tell the world, then don't. We don't need you here complaining about a good thing.

I agree it's good to get more attention on DVC, but there's a difference in bad attention and good attention, and trust me, it's not my complaining on this topic that is keeping people from buying DVC. I don't understand how you can be so ignorant to not get this, I don't get angered often but you need to see what you're actually doing with your life, because from what I see of it it's quite pathetic. I'm sorry for that, but seriously. You're giving DVC bad press, your spamming of topics is not helping, you spam 4-5 posts in a row in topics, I don't understand how you can't see that what you're doing is only bad press.

This isn't spam. This is me asking people to tell stories of how Devcoin has helped them, and you trolling me hard core. I don't see how you feel like you've proven anything.
June 23, 2013, 09:08:00 PM

^^THIS is the kind of inane shit we're talking about. You started a thread to hear some "hallelujahs" but instead within 15 posts your attitude degenerated in to this crap. Boelens and I are BOTH big supporters of DVC in spite of the lame cockamamie ideas you continually dream up in your pot-haze filled room with the Xbox and Webcam.

Devtome is a beautiful thing, and lest you forget, YOU are the reason I found it and contributed my own 38K worth of articles last round. I appreciate it, really I do, but seriously mate, you need to relax a bit.
June 23, 2013, 09:04:44 PM
Fin Shaggy.

You are EXACTLY the opposite if what most of us want devcoin to stand for.

There is NO ACTUAL DEVELOPER interested in your bullshit rhetoric, crazy conman antics, or YouTube marketing.

You provide nothing but noise.  

I mean it's seriously enough that I've come to be angered by you for no rational reason.

You may succeed in a massive pump on devcoin, but you and your ilk will kill the (stated) "spirit" of the thing as surely as cyanide.

I now have a webcam, xbox, video games and means to pay rent. My job is on YouTube, so these things have drastically changed my life.

I have gotten about half of my devcoin devtome payout, I plan on using the other half on correcting the market, instead of bitching and moaning about the market and pointing blame like you guys.

Wait, so it's YOU behind the giant dump that has recently crashed devcoin prices?
Enjoy your x-box and your web cam.  I think I just heard a market lose all support.

EDIT lol i can't post fast enough I keepe getting warned about the people come here to beg you to shut the hell up and go away.
June 23, 2013, 08:59:21 PM

You're for a part being paid for nothing and doing useless things. Congratuatlations, you get DVC, dump it all to fiat, then pump untill you get your next payout, dump, and the cycle continues. And you can't and shouldn't "correct" the market, you cannot correct the market, it is based on supply,demand and what is being mined. And we're giving bad press to DVC? Seriously, if I vote with all supporters of DVC, if you give DVC good or bad press, I'm sure it'd be bad press. Heck, I'd bet 1BTC on that if you're up for it. We're not being butt hurt, you have to realize the truth.

Why in the hell should I sell my DVC? I'm a DVC supporter and don't have any intention to convert it to BTC or USD currently. And why would you be laughing your ass off? Also, you haven't responded if you'd want to do the bet. It also seems you're getting a bit angry, getting angry you're getting exposed about your actions?

Actually I'm pretty sure if anyone is getting angry it's you. 1. Mad about my posts. 2. Freaking out when I told you to sell your coins

I'm simply asking for people to tell the world how Devcoins helped them, if you don't want to tell the world, then don't. We don't need you here complaining about a good thing.

I agree it's good to get more attention on DVC, but there's a difference in bad attention and good attention, and trust me, it's not my complaining on this topic that is keeping people from buying DVC. I don't understand how you can be so ignorant to not get this, I don't get angered often but you need to see what you're actually doing with your life, because from what I see of it it's quite pathetic. I'm sorry for that, but seriously. You're giving DVC bad press, your spamming of topics is not helping, you spam 4-5 posts in a row in topics, I don't understand how you can't see that what you're doing is only bad press.
Pages:
Jump to: