Pages:
Author

Topic: Developer: Write code to generate all possible private keys - page 2. (Read 575 times)

Activity: 431
Merit: 105
was thinking 
how much is it gonna be in data TB , if range 64 would be safed uncompressed,
raw txt file, and only this range is it doable?
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
It should be assumed that the first 2^40 private keys have already been broken and are inside some local database (330*64GB or about 21TB large uncompressed) so they must not be used for whatever reason.
Same for last 2^40 private keys, first 2^40 even PKs, first couple prime number PKs and so on.

but how would someone know if their private key was in that range? especially with hd wallets and such they aren't checking things like that. hopefully their funds dont get stolen. oh also the middle 2^40 private keys whatever those are would probably be sitting inside some kid in their basement on their hard drive.

I meant if the private key was generated directly, or you're using a wallet that allows you to see the private key of your address.
copper member
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7
It should be assumed that the first 2^40 private keys have already been broken and are inside some local database (330*64GB or about 21TB large uncompressed) so they must not be used for whatever reason.
Same for last 2^40 private keys, first 2^40 even PKs, first couple prime number PKs and so on.

but how would someone know if their private key was in that range? especially with hd wallets and such they aren't checking things like that. hopefully their funds dont get stolen. oh also the middle 2^40 private keys whatever those are would probably be sitting inside some kid in their basement on their hard drive.
The chances of a private key being in any 2^40 range is approximately 1 in 10^67, or approximately zero.

Wallets could potentially black list those private keys, but if that was a mainstream thing, crackers could simply monitor the next 2^40 set of keys (and this process would continue).

I seriously doubt that the key 2^35 is being actively monitored, and I doubt that someone that naturally generates this key is going to have their coin stolen.

Sure, if you say to send coin to an address associated with a key in that range in the next month, there would be a guarantee that monitoring those addresses would present an opportunity to see coin stolen. But monitoring all those addresses for years, or even decades would be much more expensive, with no assurance that the attacker would be able to receive any coin as a result of monitoring all those addresses.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 430

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
Activity: 1106
Merit: 430

You're welcome.

you shouldn't be doing that pooya. that's a job for someone they could put food on the table but not now!
Activity: 233
Merit: 253
I'm looking for a developer to write a script to generate all possible private keys and write them to an SQL database. Payment available

You're too late. Someone else did it already.

https://allprivatekeys.com

'All private keys list
Whole range of Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash Private Keys, compressed/ uncompressed, SegWit and HD wallet. Whole wallets including YOURS.
Don't believe?

Just open to see.'
Activity: 72
Merit: 19
I'm looking for a developer to write a script to generate all possible private keys and write them to an SQL database. Payment available
Code:
using AlienTechnologies.TimeTravel;
using Encoders;

public void Main()
{
  var storage = TimeTravelToFuture();
  var sql = new SqlDatabase(storage);
  for (BigInteger i = 1; i < 115792089237316195423570985008687907852837564279074904382605163141518161494337; i++)
  {
    sql.Write(Base58Encoder.GetWif(i));
  }
}

private Storage TimeTravelToFuture()
{
  TimeMachine.Engine.TurnOn();
  TimeMachine.Time.Set("2120-01-01-12-45-00");
  TimeMachine.Travel();
  return TimeMachine.RetreiveStorageDisk();
}

You're welcome.

I'll be damned! to this answer  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588
2256 private keys * 32 bytes each = 3.7*1054 yottabytes.

The combined storage capacity of every device on the planet is not yet at 1 yottabyte. Good luck!

I'm also wondering where you are keeping the several million Dyson spheres you'll need to generate enough electricity to perform this?

Yes yes, I know it's not really 2256. I'm just making a point.

-snip-
I initially glossed over this because I assumed you had written the actual code knowing full well it would just fill his available storage space. Glad I went back and read it properly though. Cheesy

Edit: @o_e_l_e_o beat me almost by a minute.
As BHC has said above, Foxpup.TimeTravel is the superior function. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
In Bitcoin? What to do the bitcoins if you know my private key?  Roll Eyes

[...]
This will be insanely slow. Consider using Foxpup.TimeTravel; instead.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
Code:
using AlienTechnologies.TimeTravel;
using Encoders;

public void Main()
{
  var storage = TimeTravelToFuture();
  var sql = new SqlDatabase(storage);
  for (BigInteger i = 1; i < 115792089237316195423570985008687907852837564279074904382605163141518161494337; i++)
  {
    sql.Write(Base58Encoder.GetWif(i));
  }
}

private Storage TimeTravelToFuture()
{
  TimeMachine.Engine.TurnOn();
  TimeMachine.Time.Set("2120-01-01-12-45-00");
  TimeMachine.Travel();
  return TimeMachine.RetreiveStorageDisk();
}

You're welcome.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1367
What do you mean by "all possible private keys"?
All possible addresses from a given private key (so for one key to generate addresses bc1... 3... 1..., compressed/uncompressed) or you want to iterate each possible private key, one by one and generate address for that - then technically it is easy and doable, the problem I see is that you will need eons to have work finished, you will need a lot of energy and enormous amount of disk space.
But if you want, I may do it for you...
Activity: 7
Merit: 1
I know. It's not for anything nefarious. I need the data locally.
Activity: 50
Merit: 11
There are already websites that do that.

https://keys.lol

Good luck though, the chances of finding an active one are ridiculously low.
Activity: 7
Merit: 1
Pages:
Jump to: