Pages:
Author

Topic: Developing Telegram bot wallet - page 2. (Read 3366 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Bitcoin admirer
February 15, 2017, 08:48:45 AM
I like Telegram bots and it is cool idea, but mains issues are private keys and escrow. How are you planning to handle that?
Private keys on the server, same as any other hosted wallet or exchange (using BitGo),
and bot will provide escrow by holding bitcoin deposit until seller confirms receiving deposit. With manual resolution in case of disputes.

I'm open to any suggestions, it's all in very early stage of development, currently running on testnets.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
February 15, 2017, 06:06:40 AM
I like Telegram bots and it is cool idea, but mains issues are private keys and escrow. How are you planning to handle that?
Bitcoin admirer
February 14, 2017, 10:03:02 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm currently developing Telegram bot, with wallet functionality + p2p trading (alternative to localbitcoins)

What do you think of this whole thing? Does it worth it?

I've seen Telebit couple years back, how are they doing? Haven't seen much activity there.

I checked Telebit's website, and honestly, it looks awesome. The commands seem easy to use even for a newbie. However, I would be concerned with letting a bot have access to my wallet. You should let the user fully control their own wallet, and the bot would just be a sort of middleman.

Yeah, it was ok, but I guess it's dead now, doesn't respond to any commands.
I agree with you, that controlling private keys is important, but I'm aiming for simplicity, so first version will be with private keys on my server. Anyway we're relying on Telegram security here, they can easily run MITM attack.

Building a bot is not my end goal, it's just a way to start with quite limited attack surface and avoiding the need to design things nicely. Once I get robust API it will be easier to proceed with stage 2.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
February 14, 2017, 02:15:00 AM
Hey everyone,
I'm currently developing Telegram bot, with wallet functionality + p2p trading (alternative to localbitcoins)

I've seen Telebit couple years back, how are they doing? Haven't seen much activity there.

I checked Telebit's website, and honestly, it looks awesome. The commands seem easy to use even for a newbie. However, I would be concerned with letting a bot have access to my wallet. You should let the user fully control their own wallet, and the bot would just be a sort of middleman.
Bitcoin admirer
February 14, 2017, 01:30:39 AM
Hey everyone,

Pages:
Jump to: