Pages:
Author

Topic: Development roadmap - page 3. (Read 5428 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
March 05, 2011, 02:59:11 PM
I like the roadmap, and think the wallet backup/restore feature needs to be integrated quickly.  Right now, everyone has to be fairly computer savvy to backup and restore a wallet, seems like this is a feature everyone wants and should just take a couple clicks.  Password protecting everything would be a great idea too.

Has anyone else noticed the load time on at least Mac OSX is sometimes incredibly long?  30-60 seconds + before any sort of a GUI pops up?  Can whatever is being done be moved to happen after the GUI has loaded?  Maybe a progress bar?  I've almost force quit the application before, thinking it was locked up.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216
Chief Scientist
March 05, 2011, 02:09:41 PM
Crashing bugs, any bug that might result in loss of bitcoins, and security fixes are always highest priority, but here are the big things I think are very high priority that, as far as I know, nobody is working on.  I think they all need to be done before we can say we have a "Bitcoin 1.0" :

• finish download-only-blockheaders client mode
  • password-protect the wallet private keys (mitigate the steal wallet.dat problem: see https://gist.github.com/803170 )
  • import a backed-up wallet
  • figure out how to do click-to-pay
  • design/implement a secure DNS-like "map string to bitcoin address" system  (so I can send bitcoins to "[email protected]")
  • export+encrypt part of your balance (for long-term storage; I still waffle on whether we want to encourage that right now)
Pages:
Jump to: