Pages:
Author

Topic: Did anybody else get a slew of emails from blockchain.info? - page 2. (Read 1976 times)

Activity: 381
Merit: 250
I just got 4 emails from blockchain about wallet backups.  One of the identifiers I recognize, the rest I don't (then again they could be old / unused ones)...  Anybody else get these?

Welcome To My Wallet

This email contains important information about your new bitcoin wallet. Be sure to keep this safe and stored separately from your password.
Login Link: https://blockchain.info/wallet/[redacted]
Notifications: Notifications Are Disabled
Confirmation Code: [redacted]
Verification Link:
[redacted]

Top Tip
Backup your bitcoin wallet using dropbox. It's free, easy to use and secure.

Haven't opened any new wallets recently...

Never actually used Blockchain.info for storage myself so I can't say.

I would advise the exact opposite and not use Dropbox with your wallets ever, your private keys should never live on a computer that uses the internet unless its encrypted. If you are going to use Dropbox at-least enable 2 factor authentication that helps against key-logging, but even then it someone gets onto your machine they can just grab the wallet. The wallet even though its on Dropbox, is also available on any device when its synced, try unplugging the internet and opening some of your synced files they work just fine. Anyone who gets onto your machine can take your wallet if its on Dropbox, not so secure, but free and easy to use.

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
I just got 4 emails from blockchain about wallet backups.  One of the identifiers I recognize, the rest I don't (then again they could be old / unused ones)...  Anybody else get these?

Welcome To My Wallet

This email contains important information about your new bitcoin wallet. Be sure to keep this safe and stored separately from your password.
Login Link: https://blockchain.info/wallet/[redacted]
Notifications: Notifications Are Disabled
Confirmation Code: [redacted]
Verification Link:
[redacted]

Top Tip
Backup your bitcoin wallet using dropbox. It's free, easy to use and secure.

Haven't opened any new wallets recently...
Pages:
Jump to: