Pages:
Author

Topic: Did anyone bet on the sharks yet ? - page 5. (Read 823 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
October 10, 2020, 02:20:51 AM
That news channels and a few more UK based news channels are well known to make propaganda news which are often directed at emotionally moving topics or just plain propaganda. So take it with a bit of a salt.

I am not completely denying that they are making up BS, but just think about it. How much would it need from the humans to keep track of these sharks movements? A lot of work to tag and mark them and keep them afloat and use that for determining who is winning or so.

TBH, this seems to be a shilling attempt for that specific site mentioned in the article. But I agree that gamblers often get bored to get rid of their boredom do some eerie and weird things to bet on.

Not a fan of such things though. Roll Eyes
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
October 09, 2020, 07:12:27 PM
So apparently I came across a very interesting news : People are now betting on The Great White Sharks.
It's not violent, it's not like Fighting or something but rather betting on their migration journeys.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/betting-great-white-shark-migration-ocearch-mybookie-coronavirus-a9603201.html

People think this would save and at the same time positively impact the conversation of the sharks .
Adding these two is certainly a very different things and it is the first time that I have ever heard of thing like this.

I really liked how they are trying to engage people during pandemic through gambling to do something positive.

With most public sports out of commission because of the coronavirus pandemic, the betting market has been thin in recent months. Wagering on sharks could give gamblers an outlet, and some conservationists wonder if it might result in positive press for oft-maligned great whites. But others worry about the ethical implications of merging these two disparate pursuits – and a tumultuous week of conversations reveals that MyBookie might have bungled its first foray into shark speculating.
Pages:
Jump to: