Pages:
Author

Topic: Did BFL mine with my unit for 3 weeks before shipping it to me? - page 4. (Read 18812 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Most likely answer: YES.  It's well known BFL mined using customer hardware as a "burn-in/testing" process.
Of course this is an outright lie, so as long as you understand that jayeeyee is lying, you can believe whatever you want. Smiley

So long as you understand that Inaba is lying consistently mistaking, you can believe whatever you want.

*smootch*
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Most likely answer: YES.  It's well known BFL mined using customer hardware as a "burn-in/testing" process.

Of course this is an outright lie, so as long as you understand that jayeeyee is lying, you can believe whatever you want. Smiley
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
It is a well known accusation. Could be that the PCB was build earlier and nothing more.
Activity: 191
Merit: 110
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Got my BFL 60GH/s single on Monday.  Was disappointed to find that it only does 56GH/s.  Tried better power supply, bfgminer, cgminer, windows, ubuntu, etc no luck.  Looking at the per chip stats in bfgminer I can see all cores are functional just not very good hashers.  The second group of 8 cores 0i-0p was a lot worse.  I saw a few others said theirs had a loose heatsink so I decided to open the thing up to verify both were tight.

First thing I noticed is it had a fair amount of dust for only running for a couple days.  Then on the bottom of the PCB I found a sticker that said:
Rec Date Sep 27
Build Date 9/28

My unit shipped out from BFL on 10/19

So did they mine with it for 3 weeks or do you think they sent me a used one?  Anyone else know their dates?
Pages:
Jump to: