Pages:
Author

Topic: Did Bitcoin price rise that fast because of ICO's / Forks? - page 3. (Read 997 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
https://www.coinschedule.com/stats.php?year=2016  - ICO's 2016

there was less correlation in 2016 visible

but

2016 had an ico total of 100.000.000 raised usd, towards 35 times more this year till now

Activity: 266
Merit: 151
First crypto index traded as a token!
The price of Bitcoin has hone up so fast because of the S2x fork that was planned a few weeks ago. Many traders already counted on the free profits they could make, so did many other people. Then we got the attack from BTH, which caused a price fall. After overcoming that, we now see a new rise. This can only happen because of people believe in Bitcoin and invest, that's why the price is going up so fast.
while learning about forks still

saw this comparison about ICO's

https://www.coinschedule.com/stats.php                 - number of ico's

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/         - price of bitcoin
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/     - price of ethereum

correlation from april made me think
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541
Did Bitcoin price rise that fast because of ICO's
and Forks?

Not ICO, but forks probably has a role here. Here's how I see it.

1. People want more forks coin — easy money! So they buy a lot of coins, selling their altcoin, using all their fiat, to accumulate as much Bitcoin as possible before the fork. This results in more demand thus the price goes up. I'm quite sure on this because as you can see, every time the fork is done (or after the snapshot was taken), the price usually fell quite significant. That is people dumping their Bitcoin back to fiat and alts.

2. It proves that Bitcoin is the champ. Despite being constantly "threatened" by various forks over the past few years — XT, Unlimited, Classic, Cash, 2X — the Core-backed chain is still the main chain and the one with the most hash rate. Now that the 2X is behind us and Ver&co are busy making new forks plan, I guess we have a clear way to $10,000 and above! Cheesy
Activity: 830
Merit: 258
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
It have a lot of factors to rise from, some people are trusting maybe because of this thing, but a lot of people believe on this cryptocurrency because of potential, time on a makret, cap and other things which make choice to purchase bitcoin
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
ICO's and Forks ,, both help in accelerating the growth of bitcoin prices. but in different contexts. ICO helps boost prices because every company promotes digitally currency, if forks help in a way, those who buy large amounts of bitcoin because only those who know bitcoin and forks will keep bitcoins in large quantities to get free coins
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI
Not only. I know it's huge around bitcoin HYIP and more people are buying bitcoin. In addition, many large investors came into the market and buying bitcoin.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
Ico's have nothing to do with bitcoin, because all the ico's are created based on other technology. Maybe ico's only make ethereum's price rise quickly, it was below $40 at the beggining of this year and now it is upto $335 each one because it has a lot of ico's inside them using their technology.
And bitcoin is not supporting ico's on their code, it means that it has nothing to do with them.
But the forks made the price rise a lot because people felt interested and tempted to buy more bitcoins because they were supposed to be receving free tokens after the fork.
Activity: 4
While it is difficult to pinpoint exactly why, I doubt it is just because of ICOs and forks.  Most token sales are happening on Ethereum.  Granted ICOs now a days are flexible enough to accept BTC or ETH, it doesn't make sense to see BTC skyrocket and not ETH (if the reason was due to ICOs).  As for forks, the most common speculators/investors don't care about forks nor do they even know how to profit from them.
Activity: 931
Merit: 500
Nobody knows exactly why. But by creating new opponents to Bitcoin, influencing psychology and giving an unrivaled digital money image, it has had a positive impact on the price of Bitcoin.
Does the price of Bitcoin also rice from the 'inside' = altcoins to bitcoin trades?

Finding out no-one knows, I ask silly questions.

At least I think.
Activity: 154
Merit: 11
I think nobody knows for sure. The exact reason why the price is increasing is difficult to pinpoint.
Did Bitcoin price rise that fast because of ICO's
and Forks?

summary update: 11-19 / 21:33 gmt +1

I hear most people think ICO's most likely help rise the price of Ethereum, less so for Bitcoin.
            Most people agree on that the price for Bitcoin was influenced by the promise of free additional coins from Bitcoin forks.

Furthermore I read there is more regular stockmarket (nasdaq) interest in making financial products to invest / speculate in Bitcoin.
            This may be seen as a further step towards acceptation of cryptocurrency / Bitcoin. - Though not an often heared argument.

Overall both ICO's and Bitcoin Forks seem to have led to more exposure and brought back/grow a lot of attention towards
            cryptocurrenties / Bitcoin.

ADDED = #38

But, does - for exemple - the need for bitcoin, to cash off STEEM, make the price of bitcoin higher.

And so on for other ICO currencies. Same for ICO->ETHER->USD

So, in that way, do ICO coins drive up the price of BTC/ETH

Asked in a different way does for instance trading ether/usd for bitcoin/usd drive up the 'better spendable' pri€e of bitcoin in u$d?

Probably it did and will if ICO perform.
Pages:
Jump to: