Pages:
Author

Topic: Did Bitmain just declare war on BTC? - page 2. (Read 1265 times)

copper member
Activity: 96
Merit: 1
October 01, 2017, 11:04:10 PM
I noticed bitmain had an exchange rate advantage for BCH of +$50 over market -  when they did accept BTC it was @ -$100 below market.  ouch.
legendary
Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001
October 01, 2017, 09:46:41 PM
After I saw a picture of Bitmain farm, using ordered batched to mine for their own profit and delaying the delivery of batched on purpose, I decided never to use them again. You know, this is like they are just f*king with their own customers. And the the BCH s*it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 01, 2017, 06:22:33 PM
It seems Bitmain has just changed it's payment options to accepting ONLY BCC.

This must be seen as an attack if not an all out declaration of war against BTC.
I think it is a HUGE strategic blunder by Bitmain. But hey...who knows?

It's possible that they are just hedging their blunder of supporting BCH. There is likely little buying demand and they are propping up the markets themselves. This way, they can force some of that burden onto their customers.

why arent there companies other than bit-main.

China is pretty good at replicating/producing goods and exporting them at lower costs. I don't think this is particular to ASIC chip manufacturing. There is some upside here. Bitfury is doing significant research and development into next generation chips, and from the relationships they are building, I think they plan to become more relevant in this space.

There are also two major Japanese conglomerates -- GMO and DMM -- that are planning to enter the ASIC manufacturing sector in the next year. So hopefully Bitmain's dominance isn't a permanent situation.
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
Too Many Miners Not Enough Electricity
October 01, 2017, 05:16:56 PM
Settle down Beavis
Activity: 238
Merit: 105
October 01, 2017, 11:39:04 AM
agreed 100% Bitmain does not represent all Chinese miners. Other asians also don't like them.

And them doing this.......this is very bad.

Bad how? I don't get it. They're not forcing you to use bch or to buy their miners. Go buy from innosilicon or giga watt. You'll learn to appreciate bitmain.

There are. None of them are as good and as trustworthy as bitmain. I'm not shilling for them or anything, I just know how other companies treat you. Their support is kinda shit, but they ship in time, and their products are always as good if not better than advertised.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 01, 2017, 12:56:23 AM
Activity: 658
Merit: 118
September 29, 2017, 10:24:52 AM
I was thinking it was just this batch that was BCC only. They still quote prices in BTC and LTC for other things.

Totally unfounded theory, but my guess is they're selling off the machines they used to support the BCC launch, which is why these are shipping earlier than the last batch of S9s which accepted BTC/Wire as payment.
Activity: 402
Merit: 116
September 29, 2017, 10:16:05 AM
agreed 100% Bitmain does not represent all Chinese miners. Other asians also don't like them.

And them doing this.......this is very bad.
Activity: 558
Merit: 295
Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!
September 28, 2017, 08:12:16 PM
It seems Bitmain has just changed it's payment options to accepting ONLY BCC.

This must be seen as an attack if not an all out declaration of war against BTC.
I think it is a HUGE strategic blunder by Bitmain. But hey...who knows?

REMEMBER  CHINESE MINERS/people are NOT the ENEMY...The BANKS & GOVERNMENTS ARE..And THEY OWN ALL GOVERNMENTS.

As an ex-CEO of a Chinese Manufacturing Corp...
Experience leads me to KNOW..Jihan Wu is a puppet of much larger forces behind the scenes..
He does not have the level of control or influence the public think he does.
His greed for power and monopoly is obvious but he is a child remember.

One thing is for sure I will never mine or support or buy that shit Alt coin BCC...(And pray I will never need to eat those words)
Pages:
Jump to: