Pages:
Author

Topic: Did Bitstamp make the crash to $270 zone? - page 2. (Read 1758 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005
New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit
January 06, 2015, 06:38:55 AM
Crash has nothing to do with bitstamp.

Other than you being short and talking your book, do you have any reason to suggest otherwise?...

Before accusing others of "talking their book", you should learn more TA.
This drop was predictable, I and others predicted it but I was surprised that it started 2 days earlier than expected.

Well, if the price goes up, every bull can shout "I predicted so." and it is so the other way round too.

I am really suspicious about this. Price shouldn't be showing an upward trend now..
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
January 06, 2015, 06:06:26 AM

Other than you being short and talking your book, do you have any reason to suggest otherwise?...

This drop was predictable, I and others predicted it but I was surprised that it started 2 days earlier than expected.

Coming from the master book talker himself that is quite a statement. How many of the last bubbles did you predict with TA?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074
January 06, 2015, 04:47:22 AM

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
January 06, 2015, 04:17:42 AM

Other than you being short and talking your book, do you have any reason to suggest otherwise? Occam's razor would suggest you are wrong.

We were bound to have a big move around january 2-3 (I clearly posted it and timed it in advance). Price structure that took weeks to build clearly showed it. Basic stuff, nothing fancy. When it was time, china decided down. Dumps escalated. Panic ensued.
As always, the sell-off started with china (Okcoin and Huobi) while bitstamp and bitfinex were pretty much dead.
Business as usual.

You have to explain to me why chinese would have insider information regarding bitstamp while nobody on western exchanges was trading during the first sell-offs.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
January 06, 2015, 04:15:28 AM

Other than you being short and talking your book, do you have any reason to suggest otherwise? Occam's razor would suggest you are wrong.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
January 06, 2015, 04:12:05 AM
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
January 06, 2015, 04:02:36 AM
I think you might be right OP. Whether they sold and it blamed it on thieves or they were actually hacked and the looters sold it at any price they got and it could be the reason for the price drop.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
January 06, 2015, 03:40:20 AM
I think a simpler explanation is probably the most likely. They got hacked, suspended service, insider trading before or after? Maybe.. I do not think this is Gox 2.0. But there is absolutely no way to know yet.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
January 06, 2015, 02:36:11 AM
Before bitstamp suspend, the price is only $260 zone, so strange
Activity: 840
Merit: 524
Yes!
January 06, 2015, 02:13:49 AM
This is one of the things that came to my mind yesterday, as soon as I read that in Reddit.

Possible reconstruction of events...

1. Bitstamp notices the hack
2. Sells at the prevailing price.
3. Price goes down...

4. Announces it. Suspends service.
5. Buys them back at cheaper price? (happening right now?)

Explains why price is refusing to go down.

Motives:
Partial recovery of loss.
Protecting Bitcoin from bigger crash.

Or it could the hacker manipulating the market?
Pages:
Jump to: