Pages:
Author

Topic: Did I compromise my paper wallet? Help and opinions appreciated - page 2. (Read 356 times)

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4318
Then I also, and this is where I might've fucked up,  I also right clicked and selected 'Print to PDF' to save a PDF of the webpage too.
Did you use a downloaded "offline" copy of segwitaddress.org? Or did you do all of this while connected to the internet?

If you did all this while connected to the internet (or on a PC that was subsequently reconnected to the internet), then "the part you fucked up" was doing this online! Shocked Shocked Shocked You should consider that paper wallet compromised and you should not use it. Great care needs to be taken when generating paper wallets to avoid any possibility of the private key(s) being compromised.

Creating/storing "digital" copies of your key(s) using the "snipping" tool is also a very bad idea.

At the very least, the generating code should be run on an "offline" PC... preferably one that will never be connected to a network again.
Activity: 18
Merit: 17
So I was on a PC the other day and made a new paper wallet over https://segwitaddress.org/

I saved a copy of it using snipping tool on windows to save a screencap of the public key and private keys and saved it onto my secure crypto usb.

Then I also, and this is where I might've fucked up,  I also right clicked and selected 'Print to PDF' to save a PDF of the webpage too.

My question is: Does the PC (Windows 10) store the printed file anywhere? I've removed it entirely off the pc and onto my usb too however i'm worried that there is a cashe of the file stored somewhere on the PC or in the browser (google chrome).?

I'm thinking it may be a file or a piece of data that an average user man not stumble upon however a hacker could uncover...

If there is a file somewhere on the PC how do i remove and completely clear the data? or am i overly cautious and should not worry.

Thoughts?

Pages:
Jump to: