Pages:
Author

Topic: Did I diversify too much? - page 4. (Read 865 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data
January 28, 2018, 03:23:21 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm feeling my portfolio is too diversified and I've put too much in the big ones.
Pretty fresh to the cryptoscene, started november. What do you think?

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

i liked your portfolio. Perhaps, i would recommend you to buy more IOTA and VEN. And some sell LTC and ETH.  Also i added some Neo. But in general it`s good portfolio of reliable coins
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
January 28, 2018, 02:58:39 PM
I think hodling most of your portfolio in about 3/4 coins is a good way to see 3x/4x quickly, you just need to pick decent projects,

Currently I am hodling

WTC
XRB
PRL
ENG
SHIFT

I will be moving into ETH and XMR as they will pump soon I believe

I recommend these coins, will see nice returns I think. Choice is yours though, its your money at the end of the day.
Among altcoins, Ethereum, Monero, ripple, Litecoin, waves and neo stay at the top of the list. I think one must include if not all then some of these in his investment options. These are the ones that can be trusted blindly besides bitcoin and your belief is a correct one. ETH and XMR will be soaring up soon. You can count on XPR too. I suggest investing in them as soon as possible.
Activity: 689
Merit: 102
January 28, 2018, 02:16:40 PM
I think the more you diversify the better. If you have enough time to watch your holdings, there is no real reason not to diversify more.

Every coin you hold is another chance to make money. Obviously the more chances the better. So nothing wrong with that.  Wink
I absolutely agree with you. Also I think author is right that focused too much on big ones. For more profit it’s better to invest in crypto with small capitalization. It’s more risky but you already have necessary base
Activity: 98
January 27, 2018, 10:45:25 PM
I think the more you diversify the better. If you have enough time to watch your holdings, there is no real reason not to diversify more.

Every coin you hold is another chance to make money. Obviously the more chances the better. So nothing wrong with that.  Wink
Activity: 350
Merit: 122
January 27, 2018, 10:31:30 PM
Nothing wrong with that although none of those coins have much room for huge returns, perhaps this is the risk level you prefer.
Tron I feel is just as likely to go down in value vs go up, and if it does go up it won't be a huge multiplier.

What sort of returns are you expecting and do you have a period of time in mind?

I bought the most coins for holding long term ( min. 1 year ) but as you mentioned above with tron, I try to et rid of them as soon as it hits 0,1 again. Read through many opninions here and I guess I will let go my LTC as soon as its gets also a bit higher. I will try to diversify a bit more in small coins which yield great growth potential. Not quite sure which ones to pick here but at the moment I'm reading into Lamden (TAU) and doing some research. I was also thinking of putting even more in XRB, I really believe in raiblocks (nano soon) and feel comfortable with the idea of holdig more of it.

Like CalRon said, LTC is a good coin to hold.  Not massive gains but very stable.

Increase your VEN holding, get some ICX & ELF, discard TRON.

Waiting for TRON to recover may be bad...because it may never and the coin you are buying to replace it with may spike up.  At least now you are selling it at a discount but you are also buying another coin at a discount.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
January 27, 2018, 10:21:34 PM
I think theres no problem with the core of your holding in LTC.  I have about 35% of my holdings in Litecoin.  Litecoin has LitePay being released around the corner in February, they are a mature tech that is working on atomic swaps with BTC this year.  There are very few coins that are part of the lightening network and capable of doing atomic swaps.  That will be another huge milestone for cryptocurrency.  LTC is also less volatile then majority coins out there.  It can be a very boring coin to watch day to day, but it is a consistent performer over the long run.  Its also one very undervalued at the moment and due for another run sometime soon.
Activity: 21
January 27, 2018, 07:02:00 PM
Nothing wrong with that although none of those coins have much room for huge returns, perhaps this is the risk level you prefer.
Tron I feel is just as likely to go down in value vs go up, and if it does go up it won't be a huge multiplier.

What sort of returns are you expecting and do you have a period of time in mind?

I bought the most coins for holding long term ( min. 1 year ) but as you mentioned above with tron, I try to et rid of them as soon as it hits 0,1 again. Read through many opninions here and I guess I will let go my LTC as soon as its gets also a bit higher. I will try to diversify a bit more in small coins which yield great growth potential. Not quite sure which ones to pick here but at the moment I'm reading into Lamden (TAU) and doing some research. I was also thinking of putting even more in XRB, I really believe in raiblocks (nano soon) and feel comfortable with the idea of holdig more of it.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
January 27, 2018, 03:29:23 AM
I think hodling most of your portfolio in about 3/4 coins is a good way to see 3x/4x quickly, you just need to pick decent projects,

Currently I am hodling

WTC
XRB
PRL
ENG
SHIFT

I will be moving into ETH and XMR as they will pump soon I believe

I recommend these coins, will see nice returns I think. Choice is yours though, its your money at the end of the day.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.
January 27, 2018, 03:28:11 AM
this is one of the worst portfolios i have ever seen

why are you in crypto? to lose your money in a crash? you have nothing that can go x50.

i actually make x50 on some of the coins you are holding but i already sell them.

if you want something with potential buy metaverse, spacechain, iostoken, tnt, titanium blockchain, zoin (privacy) .....

those are coins that can go x50 or more...... and those coins will not lose much if there is a crash like the big ones....

you buy really stupid.... you only can lose with your portfolio.... unless you think crypto market can print unlimited money with tether... but even then... you do realize millions of people bought your coins for much cheaper? they have thousands, ten thousands.. and they will all sell before you... and then there is nothing left for you to make earnings

Although I have to agree that his portfolio is not that good, but still, you shouldn't judge him like that. Don't forget this is cryptocurrencies we're talking, everything is literally possible here.
Even a coin like XVG which was worth less than 1 satoshi before is now worth more than 789 sats (was 1700+ at peak). We can't really tell whether 'it's good' for investment or it's not. We can't tell at all.

Instead, why don't you give a better suggestion or advice for him instead of judging him?
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 27, 2018, 03:20:10 AM
as is observe i believe your portfolio is nice, I mean i believe it's not that much diversification coz those you've selected are really good ones. I mean at the end of the day you'll be the one who will be enjoying it's success or suffers it's down time. All i can say is i think you've put too much on LTC. Not that i'm not a fan of LTC but i think you should distribute it more in order to even your portfolio. Maybe adding on Bitcoin and Tron will be a good move to as per my opinion.
Activity: 322
January 27, 2018, 02:43:58 AM
We are all different)
You feels that your portfolio is too diverse. Many feels that there is very little coin.
I think that
32% LTC
26% ETH
20% BTC
it's eggs in one basket.

In my portfolio there is no BTC in LTC, but more than 20 alts.
Activity: 55
Merit: 6
January 27, 2018, 02:35:37 AM
The number of coins in your diversification is just few compared to others that the common is between 15-20 and I even have more than 25 in my portfolio. And by the way, drop iota and tron for you own good.

I know the problem with tron. But can you tell me why you suggested to drop iota?
Activity: 406
Merit: 1
January 27, 2018, 02:25:37 AM
Maybe you forget about Spectrecoin (XSPEC) ? It is privacy coin with innovative tech, very good to invest
Activity: 812
Merit: 253
January 27, 2018, 02:18:56 AM
I don't think you have diversified that much because I am holding about 15 altcoins and all of which are to my own conclusion, these coins will soon rise. I don't really care if the progress is low for as long as there is progression and I did some research on these coins as well so I really feel confident with all of my current holdings. Your portfolio are okay I think, just make sure you reviewed them before putting your money to it.
Activity: 669
Merit: 520
January 27, 2018, 02:16:36 AM
I usually balance my portfolio to have a coin worth 5% each:-)

it's okay to diversify as long as the coins are legit, dont put much in some shitcoins.
Activity: 139
January 27, 2018, 02:00:22 AM
I've wondered if I've diversified to much sometimes also. I'm up to 15 different coins. Been thinking about selling some of the coinbase coins I bought in the beginning and my XRP. But I just know as soon as a sell one it will at least double in value. But I would like to hit it right and sell those and buy some more coins with low supply that still have a cheap price and good tech behind them. I'm a big believer in holding long term but I've seen so many chances to buy into something better...Can't win them all! Sometimes you just gota be happy with what ya got!
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
January 27, 2018, 01:59:09 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm feeling my portfolio is too diversified and I've put too much in the big ones.

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

If it works for you then good. I would suggest you look into powr, qtum, ada and etc. May be some percentage from ltc, eth and xrb can go towards them. Drop ltc to 30, eth to 20 and xrb to 5.
Activity: 153
Merit: 14
SOLARIS COIN
January 27, 2018, 01:51:44 AM
Hey everyone,

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

I depends on how are you gonna handle your coins, for me I only diversify up to 8 coins with different industries because if you have same industry coins chances are if a fud is spread let's say into privacy all coins belonging to that industry will dump so as your whole port folio, you are holding good coins 50% top 10 is a good pf i suggest you increase your btc portion so you can make some cost average when some of your coins dumped but if your have some plans in mind you can stick to it Smiley
Activity: 266
Merit: 60
January 27, 2018, 01:47:22 AM

Activity: 196
Merit: 124
January 27, 2018, 12:28:11 AM
you should bring down your LTC holdings to 20%

use the 12% for
Storj - cloud storage, huge in the next 5-10 years
ITNS - VPN network on a blockchain - VPN industry is growing 15% a year
XEL - cloud supercomputing (huge in the next 5-10 years)
StreamrDATA - iot data
Byteball(Gbyte) - the Ethereum of DAG tech look at https://www.guidetocrypto.com/investing/byteball-vs-iota-vs-raiblocks-directed-acyclic-graph-dac-coin-comparison/

-

def Sell your TRX
Pages:
Jump to: