Pages:
Author

Topic: Did I just get hacked on Poloniex?!?!?! - page 2. (Read 1956 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
June 24, 2017, 04:03:47 PM
I tried logging into my poloniex account and I asks me for 2FA!
I didn't have 2fa on!!! i didn't know what "Google authenticator" was until it happened.

So I immediately went to my email and found an ip I don't recognize from moscow 3am this morning
But I've had another ip from bulgaria yesterday!

I froze my account from my email...but is it too late?

='(

Your account got hacked and the reason may be that you are using same password in any other site or recently did you signed a new account where you used same password of poloniex account that is why your account got hacked. You have to contact the support for the help as they can only help you.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
June 24, 2017, 04:01:20 PM
It is happening to me too even though I have never used my poloniex account, I am getting emails every hour that someone with a new IP accessed my account Huh
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
June 24, 2017, 03:57:49 PM
I didn't have 2fa on!!! i didn't know what "Google authenticator" was until it happened.

So I immediately went to my email and found an ip I don't recognize from moscow 3am this morning

='(

You can report unauthorized login at the support to get some recommendations on what to do. Include also the screenshots of those emails associated with IP's for them to make it as a reference.

And overall, enhance security not just with the usual security method but self security. I have an account in Poloniex which have some fair amount of bitcoin and other altcoins but Im not using 2fa.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
June 24, 2017, 03:49:27 PM
Dude put 2 factor on all your bitcoin accounts.It's so easy.

Agreed! It would be better if we familiarize ourselves to always increase the security level in each of our accounts that potentially harm us if others can master it. 2FA is the most powerful way to avoid theft.
Activity: 737
Merit: 104
June 24, 2017, 03:09:19 PM
I have never faced this problem. But I think it's a hack. Try to contact with support. It will help you to recover it.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
June 24, 2017, 03:03:17 PM
Similar things I have also noticed from poloniex. Since last 2-3 weeks, I have been receiving notification that my account has been accessed. But the fact is that I haven't actually accessed my account since last few months as I don't use that exchange.

The IP address is showing as 116.126.166.202 which belongs to Korea. I have now changed my password but I thing someone have got the access to my account. This is really wired and I am now changing all my passwords.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
June 24, 2017, 02:38:55 PM
Dude put 2 factor on all your bitcoin accounts.It's so easy.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
June 24, 2017, 02:35:09 PM

='(
Pages:
Jump to: