Pages:
Author

Topic: Did Ripple pay Coinbase to get XRP listed? - page 3. (Read 436 times)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
February 27, 2019, 06:07:58 PM
We cannot know if that news are true or fake news only. Lets try to find out other news that really confirms to that news.
I think once the ripple pay coinbase is not good for their reputation or not helpful because I believe on the ripple coin and I think even the ripple did not pay coinbase possible it can be listed because once  they see the coinbase company ripple is potential it will be listed to their wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
February 27, 2019, 05:49:37 PM
Very interesting:

Rumors are circulating that California-based cryptocurrency exchange platform Coinbase, supposedly violated its very own listing policies in order to include XRP in its trading portfolio.

On February 25, Chepicap reported that according to the Coinbase blog, XRP will soon be available for trading on Coinbase Pro.

Read more: It is official! XRP is launching on Coinbase Pro

However, rumors are now circulating that claim that Coinbase Pro has breached its very own listing policies in order to include XRP in its trading portfolio.

According to Diar.co, before Coinbase takes the step to listing a new cryptocurrency asset, it takes in consideration the level of team ownership.

https://www.chepicap.com/en/news/7765/did-ripple-pay-coinbase-to-get-xrp-listed-.html

I'm not aware that XRP is not listed on their Coinbase Pro that's why I was surprised to read this news. It did pumped XRP around 10% though after the news. The argument is that Coinbase Pro takes into account the level of team ownership, which is very questionable since XRP holds around 60% of the supply. Coinbase as per "The ownership stake retained by the team is a minority stake.". What's your take on this? Did they violated their own policy here or did they accept a paid listing here? Share your thoughts.

Pages:
Jump to: