Pages:
Author

Topic: Did the mining equation suddenly change with BFL's first "real" 5Gh shipment - page 2. (Read 4085 times)

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
With ASICs in the wild new mining adopters (the rest of the world) will be forced to buy from companies like BLF. This will force other crypto currencies like Litecoin to come into favor since people can still mine that with a regular desktop machine.  Bitcoin was intended to be a non-centralized currency so it seems unreasonable that people will favor it as it becomes more centralized in large mining farms like ASICMiner.

Forget about idea mate, nobody doesn't give a shit about it at this stage. It's all about money now.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
With ASICs in the wild new mining adopters (the rest of the world) will be forced to buy from companies like BLF. This will force other crypto currencies like Litecoin to come into favor since people can still mine that with a regular desktop machine.  Bitcoin was intended to be a non-centralized currency so it seems unreasonable that people will favor it as it becomes more centralized in large mining farms like ASICMiner.

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Let's look at worse case scenario and assume they ship monday and everything is overnighted with saturday deliveries.  At this point, only the 5gh will ship and who knows when the bigger units will ship. 

Here is the math.

5gh x 400 units a day(that is going on what they have said they can do)= 2th a day x 5 days a week = 10th a week

So that to me is worse case scenario.  Then again, who knows when they will start shipping in bulk or how many a day they can really ship. 
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
I want BFL to ship my singles, I also don't want BFL to ship so my batch 3 avalon have a chance of ROI. I just can't win can I Sad
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
@theshmadz
I must admit, I voted solely on the strength of the "Wha'choo talkin bout Willis" argument.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
This will add to the flow of ASICs but not in any radical way. Avalon has 1200 units shipping/almost shipping and at least 30,000 chips have been sold now. So you can expect the difficulty to double each month for the next few months at least. BFL will add to that as they manage to get some out the door, but with so many already in progress it's not a gamer changer for anyone who has been paying attention and projecting ahead.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
They will be delivering preorders for AT LEAST the next 6 months judging by the release of their FPGAs.

They haven't even finished the design for the Single or little Single yet.

Also, they aren't shipping yet.. these are prototypes shipped to developers and one PR guy.

I bet full scale shipping to actual customers is at least a week away if not more.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
So... has Goliath just been roused from a slumber?  Are we going to see Asics flooding the market any day now? 

Should Avalon Batch 2 and 3 folks be concerned? 

What says the "wisdom of the crowd"?
Pages:
Jump to: