Pages:
Author

Topic: Did Verge pump only because of McAfee? - page 4. (Read 679 times)

Activity: 795
Merit: 10
December 28, 2017, 01:37:14 PM
I think he is only manipulating the market with this coin of the day of a thing who knows if he was only doing it to pump the coins he has in his portfolios or something.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
December 28, 2017, 12:16:06 PM
Well, less than an hour after I reply, John McAfee's twitter is hacked, sending markets haywire because of bots. Don't look to him for signals anytime soon.

This is what I was starting to believe. I mean this is not anywhere near normal levels of shilling:

If you want to shill altcoins, be more subtle, but this? c'mon, this is insane. This is just funny at this point. I must be a hack, but im sure he did shill some himself and got his 25 BTC. Then he will claim "woops, wasn't me, I got hacked guys" after he got all that BTC. I think this could be his exit scam to

1) End up with the BTC
2) Don't damage his reputation by being an altcoin shiller ("I was hacked guys I promise")
Activity: 560
Merit: 128
December 27, 2017, 09:05:01 PM
We must wait until the coin comes to its original state and buy it. If she so pampanula once, then now she will do it. The coin interested the community.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
December 27, 2017, 07:01:11 PM
I made a decent profit on verge (i was in early) and sold just before the pump , but i' m glad i did.

Hope he won't pick one of my 5 holdings ;-)
Activity: 17
December 27, 2017, 06:50:31 PM
Well, less than an hour after I reply, John McAfee's twitter is hacked, sending markets haywire because of bots. Don't look to him for signals anytime soon.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
December 27, 2017, 06:39:06 PM
I've been thinking about this a lot too, and something conclusive I can say is that the market is changing (which doesn't say a lot and is just obvious).
I'm not sure we will see such a dramatic example as verge for awhile.
I think it was a combination of McAfee's tweet, new money that has been pouring in to crypto, and timing.

To me, I think the timing might have been the biggest factor, and I do not think at all that John McSCAMfee was smart enough to orchestrate it to such a grand scale.
With tons of North Americans and Koreans pouring in money starting a month ago, the price of btc was on an insane bull run.
With noobs, they typically start looking at alternatives to BTC to find the "next big thing".
They go to youtube and social media for answers and find John.
He tweets the thing, and throw in the timing of it being right before Christmas, and bam!
A shitcoin becomes a billion dollar company.

Well, in this case, verge isn't that crappy, but there are better and more established privacy coins out there.

You are absolutely spot on, noobs who feel like they missed the boat with bitcoin, instead follow an idiots advice like him, and probably a lot of them did well from it! Feel bad for those who bought at $0.25 though, verge won't see that price for a while I feel....
Activity: 476
Merit: 41
December 27, 2017, 06:30:29 PM
I've been thinking about this a lot too, and something conclusive I can say is that the market is changing (which doesn't say a lot and is just obvious).
I'm not sure we will see such a dramatic example as verge for awhile.
I think it was a combination of McAfee's tweet, new money that has been pouring in to crypto, and timing.

To me, I think the timing might have been the biggest factor, and I do not think at all that John McSCAMfee was smart enough to orchestrate it to such a grand scale.
With tons of North Americans and Koreans pouring in money starting a month ago, the price of btc was on an insane bull run.
With noobs, they typically start looking at alternatives to BTC to find the "next big thing".
They go to youtube and social media for answers and find John.
He tweets the thing, and throw in the timing of it being right before Christmas, and bam!
A shitcoin becomes a billion dollar company.

Well, in this case, verge isn't that crappy, but there are better and more established privacy coins out there.
Activity: 59
December 27, 2017, 06:23:10 PM
I think that verge took off on McAfee and the fuel was FOMO  Tongue
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
December 27, 2017, 06:16:41 PM
without a doubt i think that the crypto market is affected buy the sentiment indicator and somone like Mcafee's opinion does effect on a lot of the crypto community.
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
December 27, 2017, 06:14:57 PM
The question where would Verge marketcap be today if McAfee had not Tweeted anything. Probably where it was a month ago, and with a lot less people ever hearing about it.

I think it's all part of a powerful pump and dump a coin team that McAfee is part of. Rather criminal in that there will be a lot of unknown victims.
Activity: 17
December 27, 2017, 06:06:42 PM
I think so. Its still amazing to me that there are people that still don't realize that Verge is a Dogecoin fork! Its crazy. I made some small gains from XVG but had I known the details surrounding it I probably would have avoided it entirely.
Activity: 42
December 27, 2017, 06:00:04 PM
 *purely opinion and speculation*

I believe with the recent surge of new people being introduced into the cryptocurrency market has played a big part in it too. So now they see someone like McAfee promoting certain coins, immediately recognize his name as "someone important," and it's somewhat of a brand recognition type of thing happening. Though, from my understanding Verge does have an upcoming update?
Activity: 256
Merit: 102
December 27, 2017, 05:53:01 PM
I think, personally, that he most likely takes payment to promote coins and that he also is using his following to pump coins which he can profit from. Does one man have the influence to make a coin rise like he seems to? It wouldn't be the strangest thing to happen in the cryptoverse
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 3146
₿uy / $ell
December 27, 2017, 05:30:13 PM
He has this "coin of the day" thing so every day he tweets info for different coin. Almost half a million people are following him, and big part of them are asking what to buy almost constantly. Maybe he get some % to promote  certain coins, but he is definitely able to move the markets.
Activity: 868
Merit: 289
December 27, 2017, 05:10:58 PM
I was looking for some altcoins to use as an example of altcoin that actually goes up against BTC, and not only against USD (while depreciating your BTC long position if you had any, see my thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.26890562)

Someone told me about Verge, which had an impressive pump against BTC:

Sure, now it's crashing a bit, but cmon, this is insane, this coin was flaaaaaat for ages, and all of a sudden, McAfee tweets it and creates a multi billion dollar marketcap increase?

Does this guy's endorsed tweets have that much power to pump a coin, or is there any fundamentals that are interesting enough in Verge that made people invest as they found out about the coin? These volume increases are not even half normal. On Dec 11, Verge was a $100 million project, on Dec 24, it peaked at near $3.5 billion.... what do we have here?

It is obviously just a hyped only, And McAfee was not alone there is a lot of people behind it, it can be the group of pumpers who back up with him. But this is just only thought. However, xvg actually was a good altcoin but when the dev is not active it became silent then all of sudden it just pumped rapidly.
Activity: 182
Merit: 15
December 27, 2017, 04:46:18 PM
Verge was going to pump one day and Mcaffe just pushed it over the edge. There was lots and lots of chatter about Verge before the twitter news. I guess its just a mix of a variety of things resulting in this pump.
Activity: 257
December 27, 2017, 04:44:19 PM
Its pretty strange, I really have no clue why it got pumped. McAfee is an idiot and I dont think he can do magics like this to pump any dead coin.
Activity: 112
December 27, 2017, 04:29:49 PM
He certainly played a part
Activity: 350
December 27, 2017, 04:19:20 PM
I do not know what has to do with this McAfee. But my wallet has been loaded for three days - there's something strange about it.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 125
www.positivebetting.com
December 27, 2017, 03:16:42 PM
I have not done to much research into it, but it doesnt look like disruptive technology so it is just another general coin to me. John loves to pump coins and lots of sheep follow it so I wouldnt be surprised if he was the sole reason it jumped.
Pages:
Jump to: