Pages:
Author

Topic: Did we get what we asked for - less Bitcoin volatility? - page 2. (Read 699 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 10
Do you remember the times when Bitcoin prices were all over the place and price swings of $300 to $500 in any direction was

normal.  Roll Eyes  Well, back then, everyone were moaning and complaining about the high volatility and how this negatively

impacted the merchants and using Bitcoin as a payment option.

How things have changed in a matter of 1 to 2 years is astonishing, because now people are complaining about the lack of

volatility and how boring Bitcoin has become.  Roll Eyes

Do we know what we want or are we divided in our goals, since more speculators have entered the Bitcoin scene in 2017.  Huh

Let's discuss.  Wink

The lack of volatility does not please traders only, since they have already adapted to this volatility and have learned how to make money on it. Now bitcoin is interesting to many as a tool for trading, and not for payments.
Activity: 826
Merit: 518
People mind swings lot more than the prices of bitcoin so they will be keep asking for what they don't have so those kind of people will be existing always and keep complaining about the bitcoin.If bitcoin will have constant value then it will be boring for the people who want to make money but if the price stable for longer period then people will accumulate to it and start spending them.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
Now we are extremely dissatisfied with this, right? It seems to me that the current situation for the development of the market is actually much better than the one that we could observe in 2017 when Bitcoin grew 20 times
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
No, this is not price stability in Bitcoin. This is still his temporary stay in this price range. Many Bitcoin owners are unhappy with its current price, as they bought it at a much higher price and now expect growth from it to the previous price record. In addition, Bitcoin will not be able to stand for a long time without a significant rise or fall in its price. This is contrary to its nature.

I think upside down with you. In my opinion, currently, bitcoin has good price stability, of course in the future the price will probably move back up or down because bitcoin continues to grow and it is impossible to keep quiet in place.
Indeed, the value might grow up or fall back to whatever reasons, this temporary position might be the turning point on what would be best value
that bitcoin will take, there's still a lots of chances that bitcoin will jumped high again and will make much higher ath,  volatility will stay as traders
and investors will not stop playing with the market.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 628
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
Do you remember the times when Bitcoin prices were all over the place and price swings of $300 to $500 in any direction was

normal.  Roll Eyes  Well, back then, everyone were moaning and complaining about the high volatility and how this negatively

How things have changed in a matter of 1 to 2 years is astonishing, because now people are complaining about the lack of

volatility and how boring Bitcoin has become.  Roll Eyes

Do we know what we want or are we divided in our goals, since more speculators have entered the Bitcoin scene in 2017.  Huh

Let's discuss.  Wink
We did a very huge change on bitcoin because of many speculation, keep in mind that without speculation the value of bitcoin will not rise at all and will be less volatile. It is really great having a king on the cryptomarket with $6000 value as of now. Maybe those who complains with the value of bitcoin is those people who just came for money because of hype last year.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
No, this is not price stability in Bitcoin. This is still his temporary stay in this price range. Many Bitcoin owners are unhappy with its current price, as they bought it at a much higher price and now expect growth from it to the previous price record. In addition, Bitcoin will not be able to stand for a long time without a significant rise or fall in its price. This is contrary to its nature.

I think upside down with you. In my opinion, currently, bitcoin has good price stability, of course in the future the price will probably move back up or down because bitcoin continues to grow and it is impossible to keep quiet in place.
Activity: 588
Merit: 10
Minter
For people, there is always something wrong. I feel great when the price of Bitcoin does not fluctuate much.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
It is very common that when we talk about crypto the volatility comes first in our mind and bitcoin volatility is always in the crypto market for it's decentralized nature. Crypto market is expanded through out the world and it is very rare that people pay online payments through banks.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
everyone has their own ideas, in my view, we can't completely change the volatility of bitcoin as prices in the market go up and down , no ones can predict what exactly the prices is. Therefore, it make the specific of bitcoin.
Activity: 410
People are always not satisfied with what is)a Small price bad,a big price bad.Small oscillations bad,large fluctuations bad)))just Need to calm down and enjoy the process.Unfortunately, we cannot change the situation with our minds and hands.But we can change our attitude to it.You just need to agree that we will not give up,but will quietly and calmly promote bitcoin to the appointed goal.If we are certainly interested in development and do not want to lose the latter.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
It seems to me that this situation arose due to the fact that at first Bitcoin rose in its price to $ 20,000 and many bought it almost at the peak of its price and therefore they do not like that Bitcoin stopped in price after its fall. This category wants Bitcoin to return to the previous price record in order not to lose. If bitcoin would simply grow in value and would stop in its growth, it seems to me that we would not see such a picture.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
Exactly my thought some days ago, OP. I was wondering if those "crying babies" now have their profits since the volatility of bitcoin has been caged. This present scenario points to that saying, "Be careful what you wish." They have their wish of steady btc price with or without volatility but are they truly happy now?

Bitcoin has not been "caged."
Bitcoin is not like gold or silver. Things can be corrected if we want to.  Artificially induced stability means it has been successfully penetrated.. . Technically it is under central control at the moment. People's bitcoins could be rendered useless if they want to (if I can remember, Bitcoin was created due to financial crisis which was probably man-made). There will be lots of other negative consequences in the future.
Hope this is fixed before it's too late.
Activity: 210
Merit: 19

normal.  Roll Eyes  Well, back then, everyone were moaning and complaining about the high volatility and how this negatively

volatility and how boring Bitcoin has become.  Roll Eyes

Do we know what we want or are we divided in our goals, since more speculators have entered the Bitcoin scene in 2017.  Huh

Let's discuss.  Wink
Cryptocurrency enthusiast and investors I think really cannot complain about volatility,as that remains a veritable means of earning huge bucks,buy little,wait for a pump and sell to make huge profits,thats where the advantage of volatility comes in,the astronomical rise can be possible at any given time

But merchants really do not favor volatility and you really cannot blame them,they are all about everyday profits,and cannot really accept payments in no exact price(cryptocurrency),they obviously should prefer the more stable fiat..

But generally for the sake of mass adoption,i think less volatility would increase the traffic In this technology,as more and more investments and companies would endorse the bitcoin and other crptocurrencies
Activity: 324
Merit: 15
Hello,

Differents opinion according of the investissors profile, traders love volatility as holders prefer smooth but constant increase.

I think that less volatility is better for long term as it will give less fears and more trusts means more people to join then increase of the price with good potential for BTC.
Activity: 490
i just learnt that there is an underlying secret information on why the price of bitcoin have stabilize and consolidates this past few weeks, first there this thing we callled OTC or bitcoin buying over the counter where big institution like yale university invested millions of dollar recently in btc, so the price wont fluctuate in exchanges, 2nd its price intended to stabilize because the etf approval is on the edge, etf will be rejected if its still volatile.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
The volatility is suitable for the more risk takers, and that number is not that much. But the stability of the currency highers the demand among maximum people and they can invest with ease. So it might have been achieved. But the volatility was a charm to take risk and income more at a glance.
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
In the past several months, I think that btc has started to stabilize it's market @ $6.5K where it normally played at this level. In the coming months to come, the expected market may soon the flourish as there will be an expected bullish run that may take place and many are waiting for it to take place. I believe that volatility is still experienced in the crypto market as this is already part of of the crypto  ecosystem and I consider it as a normal thing for btc market.
Zrs
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
Bitcoin volatility has both pros and corns. Once it price pump huge amount, all bitcoin holders became very happy.On the contrary, if it dump huge amount, bitcoin holders became upset. So those who like to take risk for a huge profit, bitcoin volatility will be blessing for them.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
something interesting to consider regarding this is to take a look at the charts and see whether bitcoin has really been that volatile and also see how long does the high volatile states last. for example if you look at the charts for the past 5 years you can see that the stability stages and low volatility stages when price moves up slowly are the majority of the times in past 5 years.
the high volatile stages are usually end of the bubble and the correction of that (like 2013) and then we are left with much more stable market where price is either stable or is moving upwards slowly (like 2015-2018) and (2018-...)
Pages:
Jump to: