Pages:
Author

Topic: Did you agree that for crypto to continue growing we need a large huge volume?? - page 2. (Read 476 times)

Activity: 150
Merit: 1
I don't think crypto currency to continue to grow is only through large corporation or government. If the masses will continue and increase its trust in crypto, definitely it will grow further. But it will grow fast if large corporations and Government will support it. 
Activity: 224
Merit: 31
Did you agree that In order for cryptocurrencies to start growing again, institutional money need to enter the market making the prices soar - That may will cause an  increase in volume, making the big players re-enter the market followed by the new wave of adopters. Wink

Yes we need that to happen but in order for that we also need government regulation. Fact is larger banks (Retail) and institutions (pension funds/ endowments etc) will not be allowed to make investments into such highly volatile markets. The main goal of these institutions is wealth protection rather than high returns(which is way they most often invest in bonds). Investment banks might enter but they wuill be there to speculate not because they wont to hold bitcoin ether for the long term.

In my opinion if you expect another wave like december to happen than you would need massive retail investment. This of course will not happen for another 2-3 years or so. Retail investors will need some time to forget about all the money they burned/lost by fomoing during the december all time highs.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Did you agree that In order for cryptocurrencies to start growing again, institutional money need to enter the market making the prices soar - That may will cause an  increase in volume, making the big players re-enter the market followed by the new wave of adopters. Wink

I dont necessarily agree with the need for large institutions but i do agree that crypto needs more volume because it is through adoption that crypto will gain more traction and value. Once people start using crypto regularly to pay for their bills, taxes, or whatever needs, it is then that we would have changed the world for the better.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Oh sure. To grow the market you need large trading volumes. Also need a lot of investment in the market, the demand for coins, active trade. positive news
Activity: 186
I completely agree. A small volume means a lack of demand and active trade. Without this, the market will not grow. Also, it is necessary that large players come to the market.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

Yep. You are correct. Currently only few countries have adopted Bitcoin for transaction like currency and most countries are yet to adopt and if more and more countries adopt Bitcoin as currency then there is no need to market for investment and everything will be acquired as expected by this alone. Major countries like USA, China and India which has more population is the key for this.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
Well, crypto market like any other market out there, it needs volume to grow.... Now with the new ICOs and coins we need even more volume to grow, which makes me think we will not have a long bull run like 2017 unless we have a wide adoption of the technology and real use cases.
Activity: 840
Merit: 101

Yes, I believe that if you let the institutional money to enter the crypto world, there is a high chance that the coins' prices will increase again. But with the increase or stability of the volume of the coins, I am not sure of that.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
Yes we need a lot of new funds to make crypto grow larger, previously a lot of people got stuck investment so there are a lot of negative trust from people, if there are huge funds coming and make the price go up it certainly going to refresh their mind and they will invest crypto again, more people joining means the crypto will grow bigger and it can raise the price
Activity: 434
Merit: 175
Of course i agree with the rose of cryptomarket again. I am in this community for almost 4 yeara and what makes me happy is the community did not stop to innovate the technologies to make this world better and better. And yes exactly we need a very big volume to break the all time high and the entities which will make it happen is only institutional entities like fund magaer in stock market.
Activity: 210
I agree with the fact that large investments are needed to increase the volume of trade and create demand for crypto currency. This may start a new wave of rising prices for coins and launch an even higher price increase.
Activity: 233
Merit: 106
The Operating System for DAOs
I don't know how else crypto would grow and it seems to me like we will surpass that 1 trillion mark this year. However, I also believe that the big players are waiting for more regulations because I doubt they want to get involved with exchanges that aren't regulated. For the average joe it is acceptable, but for an institutional or accredited investor I feel like regulation would go a long way in making them invest more.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
Yes i did, Because money flow can help crypto to put more daily trade volume in the market. More volume means there will be more demand and interest to buy more and more crypto as much as they can and that will be result in big bullish trend.
I share your point of view, because more volume of trade can be interpreted as a measure of the endorsement and faith in a coin. It goes to show how liquid a coin have probably become and until a coin is liquid enough, it hold little or no attraction for institutional traders because the market could hardly fill their orders. So we can conclude that the entrance of institutional money into cryptocurreny is a welcome development, though there're set backs also.
Entrance of money which we dont even know on what would be the sources either on institutional money or just purely basing on investments of certain investors or traders but well as long theres a big volume no matter which they do came from as long we can able to ride on the waves then it would really be just fine.Continue growing is already happening but it doesnt necessarily to have large volume.
Activity: 203
Merit: 0
Well they are one factor in adding some money on the market but as like any other things too, they don't play a huge role on the Bitcoin growth since all factors are needed to make a progress, like government regulation, media influence, stability of bitcoin network, the bitcoin demand and supply,  wider mainstream acceptance,  large business dumping to Fiat currency, and many more.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
Yes i did, Because money flow can help crypto to put more daily trade volume in the market. More volume means there will be more demand and interest to buy more and more crypto as much as they can and that will be result in big bullish trend.
I share your point of view, because more volume of trade can be interpreted as a measure of the endorsement and faith in a coin. It goes to show how liquid a coin have probably become and until a coin is liquid enough, it hold little or no attraction for institutional traders because the market could hardly fill their orders. So we can conclude that the entrance of institutional money into cryptocurreny is a welcome development, though there're set backs also.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
As market is getting more regulated and established day by day, in 2-3 years, I think almost all institutional investors will have a portfolio consist of coins which means huge volume and market cap for the crypto.
Activity: 294
Vertex.Market, the World's First ICO Aftermarket

I think cryptocurrency world always need more volume to reach better successes. And also I think a better volume can influence bigger players to make more investment in crypto.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
Now we are in the stage of correction. Big players will come back when the market normalizes, they just do not want to lose money on speculative events.

Hopefully, that would be that would be the case. But I think big players are already in and they were just observing the market. So, inline with the topic, I could definitely say that whatever reason they may say, crypto will always increase and it is already been proven with Bitcoin.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
Yes, I agreed.

Crypto prices growth depend on volume. This is the exact theory of supply and demand.
Activity: 223
Merit: 11
Big companies are investing, making encrypted currency trading more expensive and more expensive. In case of divestment, who will come to the plate? New investors?
Pages:
Jump to: