Pages:
Author

Topic: Did you live through the last bear market ? If so, what did you learn ? - page 5. (Read 539 times)

copper member
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1771
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
Just expect lots of alts, especially shitcoins with no real use case, to dump so hard... You will see most of them going up to 90-99% and never expecting them to resurrect again. Some coins will perform well in the bear market, but they will be very few, and the joy will be sort lived.

You can buy coins at any point in the bear market in preparation for the bull run, but be ready to be patient and there is also some bit of luck if you buy a shitcoin that will pump beyond 5000%
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
Bitcoin is expected to hit a bottom of 11K by some credible experts, so buy now and cry later kind of thing.
It's FUD news which I really hate, we're already at the bottom in the $25k price and the $11k is unlikely will not happen and I don't believe it.
But you're right, it's now the time to accumulate as many as you can, soon the reward will have come.  However, I didn't easy to convince investing in altcoins even if it has a good and promising network.  Time will come they will become a useless coin when someone better than them will come.

So am I reading it wrong ? Let me know.
You're totally wrong if you don't stick to Bitcoin.
Altcoins are very risky to invest in than Bitcoin, if you want less risk investment, just go to Bitcoin nothing else.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
So lets go back to 2018 - 2019

Market cycles are full of patterns so I think it's time to sit back, compare and try to come up with a good strategy for the next 2 years.

Assuming we are in a bear market, what can we expect ? Let me first just say that this is my first bear market, so I feel a little unprepared as I lost a huge amount of money ( I'm still in the green fortunately )
It's tempting to start "accumulating", however, Bitcoin is expected to hit a bottom of 11K by some credible experts, so buy now and cry later kind of thing.
I see some Alt coins going past the negative 90 % mark, with some like Star Atlas ( one of the biggest play to earn games in crypto ) approaching the negative 99 % mark. Many other projects find themselves in a similar predicament, but I just noticed UMA, Injective Protocol and Super Rare pumping hard today and yesterday so not everything is in the red. Can we expect some sort of a trend here ? Are some coins bound to do well even during a bear market ? From what I've heard, early ( 2018 - 2019 ) investors in Theta, Chainlink and Ethereum made huge gains even before the bull run started late 2020. Chainlink especially went parabolic, but then crashed mid year. Early 2019 AAVE investors also did extremely well, 5000 % gains from what I hear. All this during the bear market. Gains that were comparable or even better to the bull run. So am I reading it wrong ? Let me know.
The last bear market was hard actually, that you are not profiting and just sitting back while waiting for the market to recover. This made me realized that the market will always go through its own cycles no matter what so we better lived for it. And keep the patience during bear days because its the only way you will never come into losses. And as much as possible, take time to sell your coins while their prices are at peaks, becaus when the bear season comes, you will only be buying and hodling all the time, and there are no profits coming in.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 604
I was around last bear market season and its really devastating especially I lost a huge amount of money for thinking that price will recover after the dump. The only thing I do know which I learn from the past mistake is never to hold any crypto when halving is already done, sell and secure your profit since mostly after halving the price dump just like what we see nowadays.
And we will never know when the market will recover again so its best to sell our coins once halving is done and while the market has not turned into bearish yet. And one thing i've learned too is to secure as much profits as you want and prepare for an incoming bear season. That way, you will never struggle in buying cheap coins, and will always have all the funds to maximize your purchase when all the coins are on bargain.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 694
[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
-snip-
Let me first just say that this is my first bear market,

Congrats on your first experience, LOL

I wouldn't advise you to be too hard on accumulation or diversification. It all depends on how you are prepared for a worse market scenario, even a credible trader will not speculate 100% accurately. Accumulation does not mean blindly buying at once with the remaining funds. Accumulating at several price support points will reduce the level of losses.
copper member
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1247
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
It does seem good to sit back and relax while we have the bear market in the majority of the coins that are tradable. I do hope they will recover and make waves again in the market. I still believe that you can basically make things happen if you are part of the general traders.

Most of the coins that are endorsed have been traded already so it would be hard to recover all the losses.

The thing that I learned in the bear market is patience because you cannot control it tbh.
Activity: 245
Merit: 13
Perhaps one of the first things I would do during a bear market ( which I have already done ) is to exit your positions as soon as you sense your heading much lower. I exited LUNA for instance, around $30, next day I checked it was at around $1, so that was a good move. You may think prices are low now, wait till Bitcoin hits 11K. And yes, this target is from a credible source, he's a bit of an arrogant prick but he's been in crypto since 2010 and his predictions have been on point twice before.
The other thing I would do is exit your centralized exchange and learn MetaMask and DeFi. In fact, learn as much as you can about investing and crypto in general. Now that nothing is growing it's the time to prepare for the next cycle.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327
When we talk about a bear market what we mean that is that the market in general is going down, however there are always exceptions to the rule and some coins will do well during a bear market, however if finding a good coin is already difficult during a bull market, then finding a coin that does well during a bear market is even more difficult, so the safest strategy is to just endure and accumulate some of the most solid coins in the market and forget about new altcoins for the moment as the chances you will find a good one are incredibly low.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1759
Market cycles are full of patterns so I think it's time to sit back, compare and try to come up with a good strategy for the next 2 years.
I personally don't have a strategy especially in trading & investing against the bear market phenomenon that has happened lately, for me it's not a real Cycle for a bear market.

It's not time to have a strategy and go back to 18-19, I believe, there are times when I have to determine the best for myself in doing something strategy and choose and save it 1-2 years in the future.
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
To be honest, the market has taught me a lot lately. I have been following the market for a long time, but the last years have become more and more fun.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 5364
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲

Some of us might remember 2015 when Bitcoin was only worth about $200, and if we take into account that it reached over $1100 before that, for some it was also an unpleasant experience. 2018 was still much more predictable because we knew that there would be a correction after 2016 ended with more than 100% price increase, and during 2017 the price increased as much as 20 times.

Assuming we are in a bear market, what can we expect ? Let me first just say that this is my first bear market, so I feel a little unprepared as I lost a huge amount of money ( I'm still in the green fortunately )
It's tempting to start "accumulating", however, Bitcoin is expected to hit a bottom of 11K by some credible experts, so buy now and cry later kind of thing.

I won't say it's impossible, but I wonder what these so-called experts are basing their speculation on? I hope you haven't listened too much to various influencers, because they are just looking for a sensation that will attract as many followers as possible.

If cycle theory makes sense to you, then assume that after 2024 halving we can expect a new big bull run again, and the question is what will happen by then. For those who invest in the long run, this issue is not too important, because Bitcoin is quite cheap if we take into account last ATH.

As for altcoins, I don't want to comment on them because this is a board for trading about Bitcoin - for everything else there is Alternate cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
Chainlink and Ethereum made huge gains even before the bull run started late 2020. Chainlink especially went parabolic, but then crashed mid year. Early 2019 AAVE investors also did extremely well, 5000 % gains from what I hear. All this during the bear market. Gains that were comparable or even better to the bull run. So am I reading it wrong ? Let me know.

No altcoin excaped the bear back in 2018, 2019 including etheruem. It all depends on the time that the bear catch up with the coin. If bitcoin goes you expect the bear in general. This is the experience I have learnt so far.

The only thing I do know which I learn from the past mistake is never to hold any crypto when halving is already done, sell and secure your profit since mostly after halving the price dump just like what we see nowadays.

Looking at what is happening in the market now since the halving this seem to be the truth. It is a lesson that should be learnt that after the halving of bitcoin expect the bear correction. Back in last halving same thing happened when bitcoin price crashed from 20k to below 4k. This is playing out again and all coins crashing down.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
Yes I did and it was tough indeed no matter if I have invested in some coins or tokens, or joining airdrops and bounty programs, etc., it’s definitely a terrible experience for me back then. I regretted not selling at the top before the great Bitcoin crash started. But thanks to my continuous gigs back then in 2018 to 2019, I’ve managed to sustain them and continuing my advocacy to spread awareness and educating the masses about Bitcoin and cryptos.

I learned my lesson back then when I was still in my first year in doing Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies seriously by not being driven by FOMO, never sell at a loss, never be greedy, etc.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
I was around last bear market season and its really devastating especially I lost a huge amount of money for thinking that price will recover after the dump. The only thing I do know which I learn from the past mistake is never to hold any crypto when halving is already done, sell and secure your profit since mostly after halving the price dump just like what we see nowadays.
Activity: 882
Merit: 645
I wasn't around on cryptocurrency from the last bear market and I haven't got much of a crypto portfolio at the moment but from the cries I've heard people cry in this bear market and the shift it did on my little holding, the bear market isnt a very good friend to holders.
Yeah, it might create a buying opportunity but, that's for those that have got funds outside the market to invest in the market. Or those that saved the values or there holdings in some reserved stable currency. So you can determine a dip or low and buy right there to increase your holding.

I realise, it's not a time to sell, nope, not at all and to do that successfully, one have got to have some means to cash outside crypto to keep up with the bear market. That's why you shouldn't take crypto for some full time job. As it won't be easy in the bearish periods as, its a time to keep holding and invest fresh funds to maximise profit.
Activity: 245
Merit: 13

I see some Alt coins going past the negative 90 % mark, with some like Star Atlas ( one of the biggest play to earn games in crypto ) approaching the negative 99 % mark. Many other projects find themselves in a similar predicament, but I just noticed UMA, Injective Protocol and Super Rare pumping hard today and yesterday so not everything is in the red. Can we expect some sort of a trend here ? Are some coins bound to do well even during a bear market ? From what I've heard, early ( 2018 - 2019 ) investors in Theta, Chainlink and Ethereum made huge gains even before the bull run started late 2020. Chainlink especially went parabolic, but then crashed mid year. Early 2019 AAVE investors also did extremely well, 5000 % gains from what I hear. All this during the bear market. Gains that were comparable or even better to the bull run. So am I reading it wrong ? Let me know.
Pages:
Jump to: