Pages:
Author

Topic: Didn't Monero have massive problems in terms of blockchain size? - page 2. (Read 2510 times)

Activity: 514
Merit: 258
... development of GUI and other not so important things was put aside. 

The not so important things were put aside years ago. Those things will never get attention.

they do have an adaptive blocksize already... some coins don't even after 7 years...
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
... development of GUI and other not so important things was put aside. 

The not so important things were put aside years ago. Those things will never get attention.
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
I remember using Monero back in the day when it didn't even have a GUI. Anyway, I remember that it had some serious problems with the blockchain, it was too bloated.

What is the current situation now? I may invest but right now it's obviously overpumped and will correct.

Monero still doesn't "even have a(n official) GUI"

The blockchain size "bloat" issue was cured many months ago, when the developers converted the blockchain to database format and located it to reside on the client node's permanent storage, rather than crowd out the volatile memory (RAM).
In other words, the 64-bit Win client now needs only about 30MB of RAM.

Price speculation has a thread.
Monero has an infinite supply, it's an inflationary coin... I wouldn't expect the price to reach massive amounts like BTC. If I had XMR I would sell some right now. Common sense says that such a pump cannot be sustained for much longer. Good luck, im staying out.

gold is also inflationary... infinite supply... its price is higher than bitcoin atm... sure, this pump may not last, but is it really a pump when it happens because something actually gains utility? It's not a pump because of some stupid marketing shenanigans...

monero doesn't even have a GUI yet, has a shitty website and no marketing team... still the price is $4.6... make your own conclusions

Ehhh are you really comparing gold with any cryptocurrency? If you can compare gold to any crypto, that's Bitcoin.

In any case, what makes crypto great is the deflationary and certainty of the total supply. And my conclusions is that this coin is pumped as fuck. I dont know what will happen to those "anonymous coins" once Bitcoin releases all the improvements in privacy that are coming next year.

off course I can compare to gold, gold has an inflation-rate of about 2% yearly... gold has been money and been inflationary for about 5000 years, your point being...?

Bitcoin can't even decide on it's blocksize, good luck on all the other changes that you're waiting for... maybe they will come, but until now they're just vaporware... but still, good luck

edit: btw comparing bitcoin to gold ain't right, bitcoin isn't even fungible...

best regards

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Yes most of blockchain was made in first few months and now barely adds anything. So i doubt is any significant difference then was 6 months ago.

It would be interesting to see if someone independant would download and sync Monero's blockchain and tell us more about its
total time to sync and total blockchain size once fully synced.....

Syncing depends of your HD if you have SDD is in an hour or so. it was a lot in main thread when Hydrogen Helix kicked in in January.  You can read there.

For me personally it synce way faster then BTC or Ethereum. I newer synced any other.

This is what i found in main thread from that time:

I have just re-synced from scratch the blockchain by new 0.9 release Win64 binaries. All things seem to be SUCCESS. Below I leave some number facts:

Total time to re-sync from scratch = 2h 25m
Maximum memory usage visible in standard Windows 7 task manager during re-sync = 60Mb
Overall Monero database files under c:\ProgramData\bitmonero = 7.6Gb

Simplewallet.exe have requested to import my wallet from old format - done instantly.

Note, 'refresh' command must be typed in simplewallet console to see up-to-date balance!

!!! MONERO DEVS CONGRATULATIONS !!!

and another

I agree, the DEVS KICK ASS.

I have also just synced the blockchain from scratch using ver0.9 binaries released for Win64. All seems to be a SUCCESS for me as well.

Total time to re-sync from scratch = ~50mins

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
Yes most of blockchain was made in first few months and now barely adds anything. So i doubt is any significant difference then was 6 months ago.

It would be interesting to see if someone independant would download and sync Monero's blockchain and tell us more about its
total time to sync and total blockchain size once fully synced.....
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
legendary

I have it 8.6 GB, synced about a month ago.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1004
Monero has an infinite supply, it's an inflationary coin... I wouldn't expect the price to reach massive amounts like BTC. If I had XMR I would sell some right now. Common sense says that such a pump cannot be sustained for much longer. Good luck, im staying out.

gold is also inflationary... infinite supply... its price is higher than bitcoin atm... sure, this pump may not last, but is it really a pump when it happens because something actually gains utility? It's not a pump because of some stupid marketing shenanigans...

monero doesn't even have a GUI yet, has a shitty website and no marketing team... still the price is $4.6... make your own conclusions

Ehhh are you really comparing gold with any cryptocurrency? If you can compare gold to any crypto, that's Bitcoin.

In any case, what makes crypto great is the deflationary and certainty of the total supply. And my conclusions is that this coin is pumped as fuck. I dont know what will happen to those "anonymous coins" once Bitcoin releases all the improvements in privacy that are coming next year.

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
Can someone share what is the size of Monero's blockchain?
Activity: 744
Merit: 500
It's a shit coin with big name/backing by old and left in the dust now, no reason to want to use it, thus it SHOULD die but doesn't.

It will get a pump then dump and be stagnant for a year.

Why don`t you fuck off asshole with your shitty signature campaign?!!!
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
It's a shit coin with big name/backing by old and left in the dust now, no reason to want to use it, thus it SHOULD die but doesn't.

It will get a pump then dump and be stagnant for a year.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
legendary
All was solved with 0.9. Hydrogen Helix.  It was developed over a year and a half. And development of GUI and other not so important things was put aside.
Hydrogen Helix was implemented on January first 2016. At that time everyone could know Monero price will go only one way. Since Hydrogen Helix provided way faster future development.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
as was stated weeks ago...don't buy XMR...just look at it.  Tongue
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
i'm waiting the correction too... unfortunately i lost this pump.
a few bugs were solved and ringCT is almost finished so you should give it a try.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
I remember using Monero back in the day when it didn't even have a GUI. Anyway, I remember that it had some serious problems with the blockchain, it was too bloated.

What is the current situation now? I may invest but right now it's obviously overpumped and will correct.
Pages:
Jump to: