Pages:
Author

Topic: Diff thread July 4 July 18th? picks are closed! prize = $50 usd + ½ ing - page 8. (Read 6595 times)

legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
Yet a little more off topic. Since I don't know jack about eth:

"So i bought 1 btc worth of eth back on the presale"

Can you explain what this means? What is/was "the presale"? I assume this means that you gave somebody 1 BTC, and they gave you N "Ethers"? You then took those N "Ethers" and got back more than 1 BTC after some period of time?

Thanks for the education (If it's OK with Phil on his thread)!

I sadly did not buy in the pre-sale you can find some about it here - https://blog.ethereum.org/2014/07/22/launching-the-ether-sale/ .  I would guess he's having an amazing day if he got into pre-sale account with 1 BTC.

Price they say on blog "The price of ether is initially set to a discounted price of 2000 ETH per BTC, and will stay this way for 14 days before linearly declining to a final rate of 1337 ETH per BTC. The sale will last 42 days, concluding at 23:59 Zug time September 2."   So he is having a great day to say the least if he invested 1 BTC.   High risk and very very high reward.    Either way big congratz d57heinz.

Thank you.  light shines on me every now and again. I seem to have a huge variance factor in life.. many ups and downs.  such as btc.  heheh  Thanks again

best Regards
d57heinz
legendary

Can you explain what this means? What is/was "the presale"? I assume this means that you gave somebody 1 BTC, and they gave you N "Ethers"? You then took those N "Ethers" and got back more than 1 BTC after some period of time?

ahh went to answer but phil beat me too it.. Phil is exactly right.  Ill have to hit up the irs with this one for sure..   Thats one heck of a gain:)    Ive already got coinbase asking for more documentation then ive already given them.. which is ok.. Just a driver id verification.  on a 3 btc sell i thought was odd.. but ehh thats ok with me. once i supplied the sale went thru as normal back when i mined with 80 ths they didnt ask too many questions when i was pulling out over 5k usd in btc to pay for electricity. but more regulation has come into play.. ahh those were the days.  Honestly cant figure out why i miss it. but it is fun to tinker with all the equipment i ran.  Got one heck of a pile of it in the garage. hell some of it didnt even run a year but illinois still wants that use tax Tongue

edit i was able to get in on the first days at 1 btc = 2k eth Grin
Best Regards
d57heinz
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

It is okay.  The coin was launched via a pre-sale a while back more then a year ago.

I am thinking he did very well on his purchase.

2000 x $10.50 = 20K

1337 x 10.50 = 14k

Either number is good.  maybe a 300-700 usd investment.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

I sadly did not buy in the pre-sale you can find some about it here - https://blog.ethereum.org/2014/07/22/launching-the-ether-sale/ .  I would guess he's having an amazing day if he got into pre-sale account with 1 BTC.

Price they say on blog "The price of ether is initially set to a discounted price of 2000 ETH per BTC, and will stay this way for 14 days before linearly declining to a final rate of 1337 ETH per BTC. The sale will last 42 days, concluding at 23:59 Zug time September 2."   So he is having a great day to say the least if he invested 1 BTC.   High risk and very very high reward.    Either way big congratz d57heinz.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052

legendary
congrats to all that have made it this long. especially to those that can continue post halving. im really going to have to rethink this.. Been a great learning exp anyway:)
Yup for sure, congrats to those who keep it going.  My gear has been shut off for a couple months due to summer heat, hopefully when it cools down later this year it will still be worth my time, effort, and $ to have a miner or two in the mix.  Til then I'll just keep having fun with the R1 and gekko stick german fun runs.

For me summer means a lot more of CFM's from fan's.  During winter I am able to get away with much less, which is nice lower overhead. It has been pretty mild really for the most part where I am in the Midwest.  I do expect having to change what miners are profitable for me, after it I'm guessing all need to be S9 to make sense but will run numbers after.

I also dabble in Ether now for fun.   Not sure if it will pay off as big as I would like but the chance to play with GPU's again was to hard to pass up.  I expect them to be running for quiet a while.

But price is really not doing bad 655 on coinbase.  Will be an interesting week though to watch price.

I just had one hell of a day.. So i bought 1 btc worth of eth back on the presale.  I have been trying passwords since it got on exchanges.  I think someone look out for me on this one cuz i would have lost out on thousands had i been able to sell early.  Then i just let it go for a while ... even considered giving all i know to dave bitcoin to try to hack my password.. today while weeding my garden it dawned on me a variation of the password i hadnt tried.. low and behold that was it Grin Grin Grin.. And it couldnt have come at a better time.. get some shit paid off .. and now may even consider to buy an s9. just to keep a small foot in the game.  I cant ever go as big as i had in past.  turned out to burn me big time.  Ahh what a day.. one hell of a way to spend the halving:).  btw im only going to sell 1/4 now.  but this makes me keep a much closer eye on eth now that i have a larger stake then just 420 mhs mining rig.. anyway sorry for the off topic.   Think i may go have a drink.

Best Regards
d57heinz

Have two drinks it was a good day for you.  Just don't drive after the drinks Grin Grin Grin

Yeah good thoughts Cheesy. i never drink so that would be wise... I always got the hangover effect after a few drinks(headache and sick as hell).. But i also never gave it a real chance to find a good beer i may like.  My dad fancied it enough for him and I both.Smiley  figured it was best to stay away from it.

Best Regards
d57heinz
legendary
congrats to all that have made it this long. especially to those that can continue post halving. im really going to have to rethink this.. Been a great learning exp anyway:)
Yup for sure, congrats to those who keep it going.  My gear has been shut off for a couple months due to summer heat, hopefully when it cools down later this year it will still be worth my time, effort, and $ to have a miner or two in the mix.  Til then I'll just keep having fun with the R1 and gekko stick german fun runs.

For me summer means a lot more of CFM's from fan's.  During winter I am able to get away with much less, which is nice lower overhead. It has been pretty mild really for the most part where I am in the Midwest.  I do expect having to change what miners are profitable for me, after it I'm guessing all need to be S9 to make sense but will run numbers after.

I also dabble in Ether now for fun.   Not sure if it will pay off as big as I would like but the chance to play with GPU's again was to hard to pass up.  I expect them to be running for quiet a while.

But price is really not doing bad 655 on coinbase.  Will be an interesting week though to watch price.

I just had one hell of a day.. So i bought 1 btc worth of eth back on the presale.  I have been trying passwords since it got on exchanges.  I think someone look out for me on this one cuz i would have lost out on thousands had i been able to sell early.  Then i just let it go for a while ... even considered giving all i know to dave bitcoin to try to hack my password.. today while weeding my garden it dawned on me a variation of the password i hadnt tried.. low and behold that was it Grin Grin Grin.. And it couldnt have come at a better time.. get some shit paid off .. and now may even consider to buy an s9. just to keep a small foot in the game.  I cant ever go as big as i had in past.  turned out to burn me big time.  Ahh what a day.. one hell of a way to spend the halving:).  btw im only going to sell 1/4 now.  but this makes me keep a much closer eye on eth now that i have a larger stake then just 420 mhs mining rig.. anyway sorry for the off topic.   Think i may go have a drink.

Best Regards
d57heinz

Have two drinks it was a good day for you.  Just don't drive after the drinks Grin Grin Grin
legendary

Best Regards
d57heinz
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1274
legendary
nice page i just come across from reddit.  Not sure it will stick around post halving but it does group all the links we frequent. http://codacoin.info/halving.php

http://www.thehalvening.com/

Best Regards
d57heinz
alh
legendary
Putting aside the speculative aspects of BTC via buying and selling for a moment, we are just about 1 day until the halving (i.e. 142 blocks).

Bitcoin Difficulty:    213,398,925,331
Estimated Next Difficulty:    216,957,196,592 (+1.67%)
Adjust time:    After 1485 Blocks, About 10.4 days
Hashrate(?):    1,530,803,743 GH/s
Block Generation Time(?):    
1 block: 10.0 minutes
3 blocks: 30.1 minutes
6 blocks: 1.0 hours

Updated:    12:10 (45.0 seconds ago)

Still in the range of $640/coin.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Yes I think the Halving rise and peak has been and gone. Question now is how low are we going and will we build again? I think we could easily see 550 or even 450 again?

Hash wise we are are a pretty stable Period to date Run Rate of -3% at the moment.

Rich
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I mine because math

I only got .3 at 630 or so.  Oh well.

Still sounds like a snagged a good deal at face value, makes me wish I had some funds I would have been buying too.
legendary
Most people who I contacted about buying S7 gear from said they are waiting and seeing if the difficulty will drop, if it doesn't they will sell their S7 to me for cheap. If it drops or price goes up another 30%, they will keep mining with it.

Because right now with most hosting datacentres most people will end up breaking even with their power costs and no point in running them.

Not the greatest day to watch from high 670's to low 620's - http://www.coindesk.com/price/ .  So we lost a little more then 50 dollars per BTC value.  I'm wondering with halving so close some are selling hedging bet's.   They might have waited to right before having and sold some.

I personally am more interested in long term holding.  So I really want to see price after halving, I think we will see some sell but hope we go up again overtime.  

I am buying as it drops and hope to see it dip under 600
Too late, going back to the 640s Cheesy expecting quick recovery, possibly going to be overbought as it rises or will just plateau at 650. Everybody saying the halving is going to raise the price SIGNIFICANTLY is wrong. It'll rise over time as demand continues at the pace it's going at, and supply becomes a bit weaker, but I don't really see any signs of BTC reaching 800 any time soon.  With price going this low into the halving, I see a larger difficulty drop than I initially expected. Probably going to be - going into the week or 2 after the halving as people see the negative profit in their faces, and miners shut down.

I only got .3 at 630 or so.  Oh well.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
Most people who I contacted about buying S7 gear from said they are waiting and seeing if the difficulty will drop, if it doesn't they will sell their S7 to me for cheap. If it drops or price goes up another 30%, they will keep mining with it.

Because right now with most hosting datacentres most people will end up breaking even with their power costs and no point in running them.

Not the greatest day to watch from high 670's to low 620's - http://www.coindesk.com/price/ .  So we lost a little more then 50 dollars per BTC value.  I'm wondering with halving so close some are selling hedging bet's.   They might have waited to right before having and sold some.

I personally am more interested in long term holding.  So I really want to see price after halving, I think we will see some sell but hope we go up again overtime.  

Too late, going back to the 640s Cheesy expecting quick recovery, possibly going to be overbought as it rises or will just plateau at 650. Everybody saying the halving is going to raise the price SIGNIFICANTLY is wrong. It'll rise over time as demand continues at the pace it's going at, and supply becomes a bit weaker, but I don't really see any signs of BTC reaching 800 any time soon.  With price going this low into the halving, I see a larger difficulty drop than I initially expected. Probably going to be - going into the week or 2 after the halving as people see the negative profit in their faces, and miners shut down.
legendary

Not the greatest day to watch from high 670's to low 620's - http://www.coindesk.com/price/ .  So we lost a little more then 50 dollars per BTC value.  I'm wondering with halving so close some are selling hedging bet's.   They might have waited to right before having and sold some.

I personally am more interested in long term holding.  So I really want to see price after halving, I think we will see some sell but hope we go up again overtime.   

legendary

Not the greatest day to watch from high 670's to low 620's - http://www.coindesk.com/price/ .  So we lost a little more then 50 dollars per BTC value.  I'm wondering with halving so close some are selling hedging bet's.   They might have waited to right before having and sold some.

I personally am more interested in long term holding.  So I really want to see price after halving, I think we will see some sell but hope we go up again overtime.   
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

alh
legendary
About 350 blocks until halving. While not a crash in BTC price, we have seen a decline to about $635/coin.

That, and the halving, will constrain hash rate growth I expect.

S9 prices seem to be holding as Bitmain introduces Batch6 & Batch7. No immediate relief for S9 purchasers.

August will be mighty interesting, in my opinion. BTC price up, or down? Difficulty up or down?
Pages:
Jump to: