Pages:
Author

Topic: difference between 1$ coin and 1000$ coin - page 2. (Read 441 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 0
999$ Smiley

I've seen topics like "should i buy coin under 1$", "what coin under 1$ should i buy". Replies are most likely like this:

"coins that cost under $ 1 actually have a big effect in big profits. Because if you have a lot of capital you can get multiple profits and big your income"
"Remember this dude. ANY COIN in the Top 1-20 of coinmarketcap under $1usd can be called CHEAP.  Remember these coins might grew to $100 or even $1000 in the next few years. Remember ETH. It is only a few cents 3years ago. Invest noW!"
"it is too risky to invest in cois worth less than 1$"

I've never seen such a nonsense beafore. Thats why i decidet to create this topic. To prevent all of you who still pick yours coin by its price. And those who read posts like this above and make their investments.  

Coin price mean nothing. Literally nothing.

Price of token/coin is based of its market cap (marketcap - this is amount of money that tells us how much specific coin is worth) (THAT determines if coin is risky or not, if it will have space to grow and how much space) nad number of coins. token price = marketcap/ number of tokens.

During ICO companies sets number of coins to be distributed. It can be 1 coin (divisible for milions - like satoshi for bitcoin) or milion/bilions of undivisible coins. Its up to them. Why the hell you decide to compere coins by price if one cryptocurrency can have supply of 1 coin and other bilions of coin. You really think that each of them should worth the same and if one of them is cheaper and both do the same than you sould chose cheaper? Or mayby you sould chose one witch lower marketcap (numebr of coin x price of coin)

If price would define if coin is risky than Ripple (0,66$) and Iota (1.73$) will be more risky to invest than Maker (800$) Mixin (800$ set on 1 exchange with funny volume).

Its not like every newbie think...

If ill buy coin worth 1000$ and it move 1$ i would earn 1$ from 1000$
If ill buy coin worth 1$ and it move 1$ i will earn 1000$ from 1000$

Yea but its not the same move. 1000$ coin move 1$ every day. Even 10-30-100$ every day. Beacuse it move % of its value. Not cent by cent.

So if you'll buy 1000 coin 1$ each it will move to 1,001$ when 1000$ will move to 1001$ - giving you same profit.

Newbie said : I bought 0.1 btc i will not earn much Sad
another newbie said : I bought 10 000 000 satoshi - ill be milionair soon

And thats the same amount and the same risk/prift

If IOTA become better project than bitcoin it will have higher market cap not higher coin price. If it will have higher coin price its marketcap will be more than 4 000 bigger that bitcoins. It will have 30 times bigger marketcap than whole S&P 500 (apple, facebook, amazon, microsoft, mcdonald and other 500 biggest america companies) - insane and thats only catching bitcoin (in price of token!)

Now imagine ripple moving to bitcoin price... No chance.

Whitepaper, marketcap possition, project, team, hype, whales, news - that decides if price go up or down and how fast. Not token price. Remeber about it and never chose your coin by its price.

Dont trust me? Go to coinmarketcap.com or coinchceckup.com and compere how prices are changing in top 50 coins. For example during last bear market 01.2018 - 04.2018. they all dropped 70-85%. Not 10% for 8000$ coin and 90% for 1$ coin.

"Ok my wallet is to risky ill sell my iota, stellar, cardano and ripple and buy BIT20 (worth 922k each coin), ProjectX (worth 90k each coin) and 42-coin (worth 31k each coin). With that high coin price it wont move much. With that high price i wont loose much if it dips"

Agreed. I think it's a rookie mistake to look at the price of the coin rather than marketcap.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
The answer seems so obvious but in reality, another difference exists. It is already proved that cheaper altcoins are growing faster and gaining more than the most expensive ones and Bitcoins also.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
999$ Smiley

I've seen topics like "should i buy coin under 1$", "what coin under 1$ should i buy". Replies are most likely like this:

"coins that cost under $ 1 actually have a big effect in big profits. Because if you have a lot of capital you can get multiple profits and big your income"
"Remember this dude. ANY COIN in the Top 1-20 of coinmarketcap under $1usd can be called CHEAP.  Remember these coins might grew to $100 or even $1000 in the next few years. Remember ETH. It is only a few cents 3years ago. Invest noW!"
"it is too risky to invest in cois worth less than 1$"

I've never seen such a nonsense beafore. Thats why i decidet to create this topic. To prevent all of you who still pick yours coin by its price. And those who read posts like this above and make their investments.  

Price of token/coin is based of its market cap (marketcap - this is amount of money that tells us how much specific coin is worth) (THAT determines if coin is risky or not, if it will have space to grow and how much space) nad number of coins. token price = marketcap/ number of tokens.

During ICO companies sets number of coins to be distributed. It can be 1 coin (divisible for milions - like satoshi for bitcoin) or milion/bilions of undivisible coins. Its up to them. Why the hell you decide to compere coins by price if one cryptocurrency can have supply of 1 coin and other bilions of coin. You really think that each of them should worth the same and if one of them is cheaper and both do the same than you sould chose cheaper? Or mayby you sould chose one witch lower marketcap (numebr of coin x price of coin)

If price would define if coin is risky than Ripple (0,66$) and Iota (1.73$) will be more risky to invest than Maker (800$) Mixin (800$ set on 1 exchange with funny volume).

Its not like every newbie think...

If ill buy coin worth 1000$ and it move 1$ i would earn 1$ from 1000$
If ill buy coin worth 1$ and it move 1$ i will earn 1000$ from 1000$

Yea but its not the same move. 1000$ coin move 1$ every day. Even 10-30-100$ every day. Beacuse it move % of its value. Not cent by cent.

So if you'll buy 1000 coin 1$ each it will move to 1,001$ when 1000$ will move to 1001$ - giving you same profit.

Newbie said : I bought 0.1 btc i will not earn much Sad
another newbie said : I bought 10 000 000 satoshi - ill be milionair soon

And thats the same amount and the same risk/prift

If IOTA become better project than bitcoin it will have higher market cap not higher coin price. If it will have higher coin price its marketcap will be more than 4 000 bigger that bitcoins. It will have 30 times bigger marketcap than whole S&P 500 (apple, facebook, amazon, microsoft, mcdonald and other 500 biggest america companies) - insane and thats only catching bitcoin (in price of token!)

Now imagine ripple moving to bitcoin price... No chance.

Whitepaper, marketcap possition, project, team, hype, whales, news - that decides if price go up or down and how fast. Not token price. Remeber about it and never chose your coin by its price.

Dont trust me? Go to coinmarketcap.com or coinchceckup.com and compere how prices are changing in top 50 coins. For example during last bear market 01.2018 - 04.2018. they all dropped 70-85%. Not 10% for 8000$ coin and 90% for 1$ coin.

"Ok my wallet is to risky ill sell my iota, stellar, cardano and ripple and buy BIT20 (worth 922k each coin), ProjectX (worth 90k each coin) and 42-coin (worth 31k each coin). With that high coin price it wont move much. With that high price i wont loose much if it dips"
Pages:
Jump to: