Pages:
Author

Topic: Difference between tokens and coins? - page 2. (Read 246 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 12
March 11, 2018, 05:42:06 PM
What? You still don't know what the differences between tokens and altcoins while you are in member rank? The difference between altcoin and tokens are altcoin have their own code and blockchain amd also a wallet while tokens are they don't have a code or a own blockchain but they are running under ERC20 contract under ethereum blockchain. If you want more info about this i suggest you should search the web.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
March 11, 2018, 05:23:10 PM
I want to know what is the exact difference between tokens and coins or both of them are same.I do some research already but couldn’t get the clear idea so help me in understanding these guys.

Tokens are built on top of coins like an erc 20 token, they do not have their own blockchain they are used as a utility on top of a coins network.
Activity: 476
Merit: 106
March 11, 2018, 05:18:45 PM
Do you even search about it correctly ? So let make this simple, Coin have they own chain thats mean it have its own chain, token in other hand is like utility or assets that created on top that coin chain. For example we have Ethereum this is called coin anything created on ethereum smart contract will be named token.
Activity: 336
Merit: 55
March 11, 2018, 05:17:38 PM
Tokens are powered by coins. Tokens do not have their own blockchain and its transaction fee should be on specific coins. Just like ERC20 tokens, they are all powered by Ethereum which is a coin right? Its transaction fee should be paid by ethereum. As far as I know, there is no staking in most of the tokens. Below are the full list of coins and tokens in coinmarketcap.

Tokens - https://coinmarketcap.com/tokens/views/all/

Coins - https://coinmarketcap.com/coins/views/all/
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
March 11, 2018, 03:57:55 PM
I want to know what is the exact difference between tokens and coins or both of them are same.I do some research already but couldn’t get the clear idea so help me in understanding these guys.
Pages:
Jump to: