Pages:
Author

Topic: Difficulty drop preceding BFL's ASIC release? - page 2. (Read 3605 times)

legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
Hard to know without having all their data about new/replacement orders and running a model, but... they will be shipping new orders as well as replacement orders, so I'd guess the overall effect would be to increase hash rate overall, slowly at first then rapidly, with little or no drop. Thus, my guess is no decrease in difficulty.

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
IIRC BFL stated that your trade-in only needs to be shipped to them when a replacement (with your name on it) is there ready to go.
At which point I guess it'll be 4-6 weeks  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
IIRC BFL stated that your trade-in only needs to be shipped to them when a replacement (with your name on it) is there ready to go.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Yes
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I've been thinking about where mining's headed with the (potential) release of BFL ASICs and such.

There's one factor that I don't think has really been discussed: Namely, when will BFL ask for their FPGAs back for trade-ins?
They could potentially be taking back a substantial number of singles and mini-rigs, so if this precedes the full ASIC release, is it not possible that this could knock several percent off the difficulty whilst we wait for their ASICs to hit the market?
Pages:
Jump to: