Pages:
Author

Topic: difficulty in buying bitcoins online - page 2. (Read 1129 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
April 19, 2013, 03:34:04 PM
Coinbase.com, while extremely limiting, is a pretty easy way to purchase them.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
April 19, 2013, 03:23:09 PM
For small amounts you can buy Linden $ using credit card then change them for BTC at VirWoX or The Rock. That is how I got my first few BTC in the end.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
April 19, 2013, 03:14:17 PM
Why is it so difficult to set up an online store that sells bitcoins for credit card holders?

The risk is too high.

I understand that there is a risk of chargebacks and fraud but isn't there a way to confirm to credit card companies that bitcoins, which have been bought, actually have been sent so that a buyer can't scam their way out of paying.

Not one that any credit card companies seem interested in accepting, and if they did, there is still no way to prove that the credit card wasn't stolen.

Bitcoin isn't alone regarding this problem.  Are there any sites that will sell you other currencies online for credit card payment?  Can you buy Dollars, or Euros, or Yen with a credit card online anywhere?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Hoist the Colours
April 19, 2013, 03:00:46 PM

Why is it so difficult to set up an online store that sells bitcoins for credit card holders? I understand that there is a risk of chargebacks and fraud but isn't there a way to confirm to credit card companies that bitcoins, which have been bought, actually have been sent so that a buyer can't scam their way out of paying.
Pages:
Jump to: