Pages:
Author

Topic: Digital Money = Cashless Society - page 41. (Read 4289 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
May 04, 2018, 06:08:24 AM
I do not quite agree with that. I do not deny that digital money is a trading trend in the future. However, each currency has different roles, positions and needs. The Cryptocurrency market will dominate and play a key role in the implementation of commercial transactions. But cash still retains its place in the free trade. Cash position has been confirmed by historical value. And surely people will never give up their social life.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
dApps Development Automation Platform
May 02, 2018, 11:49:48 AM
It is said now China is a cashless society. Use of debit and credit cards in shops/stores, online pay bills, shopping online.

Money earned from the internet is known as digital/electronic money. People who earn money from the internet, they get paid money in electronic form by payment processors such as skrill, perfectmoney, alipay, paypal, bank-wire transfers because online workers are worldwide.

Last month, I got $20 from online surveys. The money was sent to my bank account via online payment processor. Now if I buy 2 shirts using debit cards at offline or online stores, there is no cash involved but I have 2 shirts.

Bitcoin is a part of digital money. How is digital money is your country ??

It's quite accepted well here in oir country. A lot of people now use debit or credit cards for transactions but ofcourse fiat money is still needed. You can't take a cab or ride any transportation system while using plastics.

I'm from Philippines by the way.
Activity: 401
Merit: 100
May 02, 2018, 10:45:04 AM
It is said now China is a cashless society. Use of debit and credit cards in shops/stores, online pay bills, shopping online.

Money earned from the internet is known as digital/electronic money. People who earn money from the internet, they get paid money in electronic form by payment processors such as skrill, perfectmoney, alipay, paypal, bank-wire transfers because online workers are worldwide.

Last month, I got $20 from online surveys. The money was sent to my bank account via online payment processor. Now if I buy 2 shirts using debit cards at offline or online stores, there is no cash involved but I have 2 shirts.

We can have a digital money but not having a cashless society. Just like now, we have a digital currency but we still use fiat money. We might use digital money as a means of transporting money from one place to another
Activity: 504
May 02, 2018, 10:13:14 AM
A society cannot be called completely cashless society even if it is mostly using digital money. We cannot still deny the fact that we need the paper money to regulate the economy of our country and to identify us that the currency we are using is belongs to that society.

Yes, you cannot place the equal sign between the digital money and cashless society. Fiat will be used even if EVERYONE starts using the cryptocurrency.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
May 01, 2018, 10:35:17 AM
There's good example of that - China is in such a way to go out without cash, just using smartphones with WeChat and AliPay for it
Activity: 432
Merit: 126
May 01, 2018, 09:42:51 AM
Digital money is now being used in every part of the world. Its very convenient in a sense that you dont need to bring a bag of money just to purchase a very expensive things. Just a swipe or a just scan away, its already paid. Our new era is needed to have a new innovation for the progress and for it to be blend in our current high tech world. Our world is advancing, so do the apps and products. But somehow, there are still people are into basic way of paying because they are used of it. Or maybe, those people are not yet introduce in the new method of paying. We can wait just for a few more years and this world is going to be cashless society.
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
April 30, 2018, 10:14:45 AM

There are countries that can afford to be cashless, they can use digital money instead of using the usual currency, and totally eliminate the use of usual fiat. That is a complete adoption of the technology that is being offered by the blockchain. But, there are still countries that may need several adjustments to adopt to this major economic breakthrough. Specially on developing countries that have poor internet and still dependent to the usual financial and trading system.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
dApps Development Automation Platform
April 30, 2018, 09:49:17 AM

Bitcoin is well accepted here in our country (Philippines). Several government agencies accepts bitcoin as payment through an app. You have to convert bitcoin to our currency first though within that app. The app also lets you pay electric, water, internet and phone bills.
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
April 30, 2018, 09:31:47 AM
A society cannot be called completely cashless society even if it is mostly using digital money. We cannot still deny the fact that we need the paper money to regulate the economy of our country and to identify us that the currency we are using is belongs to that society.

I agree. The fact that digital money is becoming more and more popular does not mean that ordinary cash will simply disappear. In some situations, we prefer to use cash. I think that these are different types of money, and therefore the digital money will not be able to completely replace the cash.
Yes cashless society is a great idea but this will not be possible in the near future.Every person uses fiat currency for their day to day transactions.Fiat currency can be used anywhere and anytime unlike the digital money which requires internet connection to get operated.It also requires some knowledge.We need fiat currency to regulate the economy of our country.The digital money is also subjected to risks,fraud,scams too.It is also decentralised.
Activity: 420
Merit: 266
April 30, 2018, 09:02:11 AM

I agree. The fact that digital money is becoming more and more popular does not mean that ordinary cash will simply disappear. In some situations, we prefer to use cash. I think that these are different types of money, and therefore the digital money will not be able to completely replace the cash.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
April 30, 2018, 07:05:50 AM
It is very true that this bitcoin is digital currency so bitcoin holders can not have cash but I better trade using bitcoin because it is faster and safer, when we do transaction no one controls it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Greentoken-invest in ecology
April 29, 2018, 11:02:19 PM

I agree with that. Cashless society has becoming the new trend in the world. With the presence of digital money, encouragement of cashless society has become strong. However, in my country, people are still preferring the use of fiat because of the presence of fraud, scam, skim and other illegal acts of those cards and digital currency,
Activity: 378
When Football meets Crypto
April 29, 2018, 10:07:40 PM

I think that maybe in the future, cryptocurrency will be implemented as one of our currency to use for the online transactions but fiat will still be remained because not all of the people does really have the capability of earning bitcoins.
Activity: 112
April 29, 2018, 09:46:38 PM

It is convenient  living in cashless society. You don't need to bring a large amount of money in purchasing in the malls. Yes, electronic banking is similar with Bitcoin. Only that the supply of money (physical or electronic money) is still controlled by the central banks.

Bitcoin is a separate entity in which the supply depends on mining. Both are convenient and the only difference is the both are independent systems.
Activity: 98
April 29, 2018, 09:13:50 PM
I too like digital world. it feels so good to walk around without having paper and weighty coin money, searching for right coins
Activity: 266
Merit: 32
April 29, 2018, 08:14:17 PM
In cashless society, US Dollar, Euro, Yuan, UK pound (currencies) are just numbers /digital.
Activity: 118
April 29, 2018, 06:12:14 PM

In my country , low to average profile still using paper money in every transactions. They are more comfortable  to used it because they have'nt properly educate and inform the benefits in using digital money . Those high profile citizen , they are more comfortable bringing there debit or credit cards. More convenient for hassle free transaction becauase it is easy and quick. As an average citizen, i prefer to use card in every big transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
April 29, 2018, 04:32:18 PM
I think the main concept of cashless society will be when the whole world to become cashless and will rely on internet currency or any of the digital medium of payment method. Which is very far from our current time. We have to build a lot of stuff and we have to update our current technology in order to get everyone connected to the internet which is not an easy task. Still, if everyone understands the main concept of digital currencies then they can be a part of our digital cashless society.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
April 29, 2018, 04:29:54 PM
I am sorry, but i do not think that we are gonna live on a cashless society anytime soon.
So, the best thing that we can do is just to live on the present, i do not think that "everything" is going to suddenly change.
Activity: 434
April 29, 2018, 04:12:46 PM

Digital money here in japan is legalize due to the amount of people who are interested on cryptocurrency, i believe that bitcoins will grow further more in the future to the demand of bitcoins so we can expect that the prediction of 50k dollar in the end of the year might really happen.
Pages:
Jump to: