Pages:
Author

Topic: Digital Ocean Monero Pool Mining Guide! CPU only! [MRO] Cryptonight Algo! - page 2. (Read 18661 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Heres a one liner if anyone wants to make a droplet MRO ready in seconds

Code:
sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get install -y git make automake screen libcurl4-openssl-dev ; git clone https://github.com/LucasJones/cpuminer-multi ; cd cpuminer-multi ; ./autogen.sh ; ./configure CFLAGS="-O3" ; make -j 2 ; screen
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Im using this with microsoft azure. Works flawlessly.  Thanks!

I'll tip you later since im off to work
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
No i am sorry. I reccomend wolfs CPU miner right now. I MUST update everything but i dont have time...but i must...I will do it asap...
Activity: 687
Merit: 500
There is a ton of new CPU miners out for cryptonight now. Do you recommend switching from lucasjones?
I have a CPU from 2011.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
Sorry for bumping an older thread, but thanks for the tutorial! I have it up and running with a DigitalOcean droplet. Smiley
tjc
Activity: 145
Anyone get this to work on a Azure instance of Ubuntu? I can do it fine on Digital Ocean but get "Illegal instruction (core dumped)" with my Azure instance.
"

Nevermind - I got it to work with this sequence.

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install git make automake screen libcurl4-openssl-dev gcc build-essential

git clone https://github.com/Lucasjones/cpuminer-multi

cd cpuminer-multi

./autogen.sh

./configure CFLAGS="-O3"

make

screen -S minerd ./minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://mine.moneropool.com:3333 -u  -p x -t 1
tjc
Activity: 145
Anyone get this to work on a Azure instance of Ubuntu? I can do it fine on Digital Ocean but get "Illegal instruction (core dumped)" with my Azure instance.
"
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Any comment on this email from DO support? I've never used a VPS for mining before so I don't know how accurate their statement is:

"Please understand that due to the nature of cloud computing, mining even CPU currencies is rather inefficient- simply due to how virtualization makes use of the CPU cycles."

Just how inefficient is it, and what is the purpose of using DO for CPU mining? Is it to just have more computing power over what you can get at home? How does it compare to just mining on Windows at home?
legendary
getmonero.org
Pools are working fine and now with stratum too.

Added some codes for digital ocean bonus.

I will add more pools soon...

Stratum gives performance boost according to the pool I use. Maybe you should edit the OP and change the command line?

Yes i will do! I dont have much spare time! I will do it today or tomorrow for sure!

Stratum gives performance boost according to the pool I use. Maybe you should edit the OP and change the command line?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Any information on why we should be using the HTTP port rather than the TCP ones?
legendary
getmonero.org

legendary
getmonero.org
No i havent. Maybe i will try tomorrow. What problem do you have with it?

I get "Illegal instruction" after generating a wallet.
If you do get any wallet to work on Linux I would be very glad if you explained how...  Grin

With my VM's,  wallet is working fine. I get also errors with DO's VMs...
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
Hi.

[2014-05-23 01:58:55] thread 24: 61 hashes, 11.82 H/s
[2014-05-23 01:58:55] accepted: 8/8 (100.00%), 375.62 H/s at diff 2000 (yay!!!)

Just disable longpolling.

[2014-05-23 01:59:52] accepted: 21/21 (100.00%), 382.44 H/s at diff 4000 (yay!!!)
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
<3 big picture

Edit: moneropool.com suffers of another problem - incorrect diff retargeting

This is the problem I've been having - it will mine just fine, and diff will increase, then for no reason, difficulty will retarget back to the pool base value and stay there, and all I get are rejects ("booooo").

I even set up my own pool at home just to have a play with the parameters.. pretty sure its a problem with the pool, but I'm not familiar with node.js.

Will be pulling any updates ot the pull software and testing tho' -but for now I'm using simpleminer again.

I get "Illegal instruction" after generating a wallet.
If you do get any wallet to work on Linux I would be very glad if you explained how...  Grin

legendary
getmonero.org

There is this one line install on monero.cc. However i when you try to compile it it wont work because of different CPUs in digital ocean. This can be fixed easily by compiling for corei7. But when i tried i got an error about virtual memory that i didnt bypass. I was using 2GB RAM though and maybe with bigger it will eventually compile. Also i wouldnt mine directly to an exchange!

Code:
cd ~ && rm install_monero.sh && wget https://ottrbutt.com/monero/install_monero.sh && bash install_monero.sh

Yeah I got the same thing on my VPS running that script. When I run it on another PC it got through that part.
But cmake still complains about boost not being the correct version.

Have you tried getting the simplewallet to work? It's a binary so you don't have to compile it. Unfortunately I cannot get to run either.

There is this one line install on monero.cc. However i when you try to compile it it wont work because of different CPUs in digital ocean. This can be fixed easily by compiling for corei7. But when i tried i got an error about virtual memory that i didnt bypass. I was using 2GB RAM though and maybe with bigger it will eventually compile. Also i wouldnt mine directly to an exchange!

Code:
cd ~ && rm install_monero.sh && wget https://ottrbutt.com/monero/install_monero.sh && bash install_monero.sh

Yeah I got the same thing on my VPS running that script. When I run it on another PC it got through that part.
But cmake still complains about boost not being the correct version.

Have you tried getting the simplewallet to work? It's a binary so you don't have to compile it. Unfortunately I cannot get to run either.

legendary
getmonero.org
any stats on how profitable different CPUs are?

I dont think something exists. Maybe somewhere around the topic some people have posted.

Hey Greek, could you make a guide on how to install the wallet on Ubuntu/Debian?
Specifically compiling this wallet: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero

Or is it possible to mine directly to an exchange? I think not since they require a payment ID.

Code:
Hey Greek, could you make a guide on how to install the wallet on Ubuntu/Debian?
Specifically compiling this wallet: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero

Or is it possible to mine directly to an exchange? I think not since they require a payment ID.
Pages:
Jump to: