Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion: Best Turnkey solution for 200 miners behind slow internet connection - page 2. (Read 342 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1568
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
I need your help guys.

The scenario:
200 s9 miners.  1 internet connection (300KiloBytes down 100KiloBytes up).  One premium router that will be the gateway to the internet connected to cisco switches, connected to the miners.

The problem:
throughput is potentially a problem, latency is not.

What is my solution?

1) Use a proxy.  Which one should I use and is simple / turnkey as possible?
2) Just connect miners without a proxy
3) Other optimizations

Last time i measured, 1 S9 needed about 1 KB/s, so you are like half there... even with all optimizations, i think you will either end having a half hashrate or worse.

Anyway i would recommend:

No dhcp, manual configure all miners.
Local dns cache, your dns should be in your own LAN, and that DNS be a caching DNS. You could even just put the resolving addresses manually in hosts or whatever for the pool you use.

There was a mining proxy, but its abandoned. Don't bother with it. You need to get a better uplink asap, or just use 100 S9s, i'm not sure why you ended with such a slow bandwidth to begin with, even in my garbage country, its possible to do better with money.

Another thing could be to maximize efficiency which lowers THs but produces more per watt. So a typical S9 would consume like 810w for 10TH. This has already been done using the Braiins OS Free and Open Source firmware. But of course that's 10 vs 14, not exactly half...

Try to get another link and pass half your miners over it.
Activity: 43
Merit: 28
Can you get more connections or is that it for the area?

I had to deal with something like this for a construction site years ago. Only thing they could get was DSL that was slow to the post of useless.
5 DSL connections later each one running to a separate thing worked.

Still slow, just now 5x less slow....

If you can get more you just put batches of miners behind separate connections.

-Dave

Thanks for the replies guys, but adding internet connections is not feasible.  What did u calculate to be your per-rig bandwidth used?  Why did you not go with a proxy?
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6320
Crypto Swap Exchange
Can you get more connections or is that it for the area?

I had to deal with something like this for a construction site years ago. Only thing they could get was DSL that was slow to the post of useless.
5 DSL connections later each one running to a separate thing worked.

Still slow, just now 5x less slow....

If you can get more you just put batches of miners behind separate connections.

-Dave
copper member
Activity: 68
Merit: 0
4G connectivity is not really an option?
Purchase some powerful LTE gear like Mikrotik LHG LTE and you should have superb connection for mining.
https://mikrotik.com/product/lhg_lte_kit
Activity: 43
Merit: 28
I need your help guys.

The scenario:
200 s9 miners.  1 internet connection (300KiloBytes down 100KiloBytes up).  One premium router that will be the gateway to the internet connected to cisco switches, connected to the miners.

The problem:
throughput is potentially a problem, latency is not.

What is my solution?

1) Use a proxy.  Which one should I use and is simple / turnkey as possible?
2) Just connect miners without a proxy
3) Other optimizations
Pages:
Jump to: