Pages:
Author

Topic: [Discussion & Betting] - The 2021 UEFA European Football Championship - page 2. (Read 277 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 4333
Oh what a good idea to open a discussion and betting thread tyKiwanuka. I am really excited for the EURO 2020 and it's nice that we can already start a little discussion. The current odds look pretty fair in my opinion. No clue why England got a 5.5, but I guess its because the semi-finals and the final are in London?

Overall I am very excited for the event and surely will place many bets. During the last major tournement I came out with a slight profit, let's see how it goes this year.

Still cant believe how we (Greece) did NOT qualify and another lame summer with a huge football tournament without me cheering. :/ Not even reaching the playoffs, what a joke really.

Do people even take football serious in Greece? Did you guys ever win a major trophy? Oh yea,.. wait the EURO 2004. Are you guys still loving Otto Rehhagel Cheesy?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1363
www.btcgosu.com
Man, this thread is awesome and we really needed a thread for EURO 2020 but it really hurts me................ and you know it!

Still cant believe how we (Greece) did NOT qualify and another lame summer with a huge football tournament without me cheering. :/ Not even reaching the playoffs, what a joke really.

Some constructive posts will follow but I really needed to state how disappointed I still am! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670
#birdgang
The Playoffs

Some teams still have to earn their spot in the Euro 2020.
The remaining four teams will be decided in knockout games and there are four paths. The semifinals will be played on March 26th, the finals on March 31st.

Path A

SF1: Iceland - Romania
SF2: Bulgaria - Hungary

Final: Winner SF1 - Winner SF2

Path B

SF1: Bosnia and Herzegovina - Northern Ireland
SF2: Slovakia - Ireland

Path C

SF1: Scotland - Israel
SF2: Norway - Serbia

Path D

SF1: Georgia - Belarus
SF2: North Macedonia - Kosovo

The Odds
As of Februar 26th 2020, taken from Sportsbet.io.

That path D is looking really pathetic Roll Eyes In the other paths there are some interesting teams and matches. Keeping my fingers crossed for Iceland, Ireland, Scotland and Kosovo. If Iceland fails to qualify, then I would like to see Romania or Hungary to advance, since there is matches played in Bucharest and Budapest and it's always good to have the "home teams" involved.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670
#birdgang

Pic taken from: https://allianz-arena.com/de/die-arena/euro-2020#

The Format

The 2020 UEFA European Football Championship will be held from June 11th to July 11th 2021.
This years edition will feature a new format, where not one (or two) country will be the host, but the matches will be spread among 12 cities in Europe and Asia.

A total of 24 teams will be present at this tournament, divided into six groups.
The group stage will be followed by the knockout phase with round of 16, quarterfinals, semifinals and the big final, where the new European Football Champion will be crowned then.

The Venues

CityStadiumCapacityMatches
________________________________________________________________________________________________
LondonWembley Stadium90,0003x Gr. D, R16, 2x SF, F
BakuOlympic Stadium68,7003x Gr. A, QF
MunichAllianz Arena70,0003x Gr. F, QF
RomeStadio Olimpico70,6983x Gr. A, QF
GlasgowHampden Park52,5003x Gr. D, R16
Saint PetersburgKrestovsky Stadium68,1343x Gr. B, QF
DublinAviva Stadium51,7003x Gr. E, R16
CopenhagenParken38,1903x Gr. B, R16
BilbaoSan Mamés53,3323x Gr. E, R16
AmsterdamJohan Cruyff Arena54,9903x Gr. C, R16
BudapestPuskás Aréna67,8893x Gr. F, R16
BucharestArena Națională55,6003x Gr. C, R16

The Groups

Group AGroup BGroup CGroup DGroup EGroup F
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
TurkeyDenmarkNetherlandsEnglandSpainTBD
ItalyFinlandUkraineCroatiaSwedenPortugal
WalesBelgiumAustriaTBDPolandFrance
SwitzerlandRussiaTBDCzech RepublicTBDGermany

First two teams in each group and four best third placed teams will advance to knockout phase.

For the TBD teams, please see the second post in this thread.

The Odds
As of February 26th 2020, taken from Bet365.

I am not a big fan of this new format, but lets see. The fact that there will be matches played in countries that didn't qualify is kind of weird and I fear that some Euro-vibes will be missing because of that. The European Championships were always a very colourful event, where football fans from all over Europe would meet and celebrate together. Now everything is spread over the whole continent and the fans have to travel a lot and can't just stay for maybe a 4-week vacation in the same country, mixing it up with watching some football in the stadiums.

Group F is of course the most competitive one, will be interesting to see which teams will be able to advance to knockout phase from that group. Group D looks interesting and if Scotland is able to win their playoffs, they will join that group - should be fun then.  

I made this thread self-moderated. I don't plan to delete a lot of posts, but rather let a fruitful discussion unfold. If it gets too spammy, I will delete posts though. So just stay on topic, share your thoughts, discuss the teams, odds, matches and don't spam useless stuff.
Pages:
Jump to: